• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenforo 2 Upgrade Suggestions & Feedback

Figured out how to do this @Satan. Click the cogwheel at the end of the row on the text editor tools.
8wHeM89.png
Seems to be a stupid place to put the option, but we don't need to find any add-on to disable it.
Yeah, that's how it is on Burning Board, too, but it's not permanent. It reverts after you post or leave the page. Thanks though. umu

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
  • Top chatters in the Shoutbox has been disabled @Spirit @Jirohnagi
  • Latest Blog Posts and Latest Profile Posts have been placed in the Sidebar of the Index Page @Spiritual Mask Salesman @A Link In Time
  • I have removed the twitter section altogether @Morbid Minish
  • I have removed @All Might 's access to the report center
  • I have enabled an option that allows you to collapse the shoutbox when you don't want to see it, you can also move the shoutbox to many different places as you like by clicking the settings on the top right of the shoutbox @Tristan
Still working on other suggestions as I can.

Blog Rules and Instructions have now been updated here.

Themes will be worked on as we can, in the meantime the two themes I see hardly any issue with are the Default Dark and Shades of Blue themes.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
  • Top chatters in the Shoutbox has been disabled @Spirit @Jirohnagi
  • Latest Blog Posts and Latest Profile Posts have been placed in the Sidebar of the Index Page @Spiritual Mask Salesman @A Link In Time
  • I have removed the twitter section altogether @Morbid Minish
  • I have removed @All Might 's access to the report center
  • I have enabled an option that allows you to collapse the shoutbox when you don't want to see it, you can also move the shoutbox to many different places as you like by clicking the settings on the top right of the shoutbox @Tristan
Still working on other suggestions as I can.

Blog Rules and Instructions have now been updated here.

Themes will be worked on as we can, in the meantime the two themes I see hardly any issue with are the Default Dark and Shades of Blue themes.

Once again thank you Jimmu for fast action ^^

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
This may just be more of a preference thing on my part, but I'm finding it difficult to keep track of things since the upgrade from a layout point of view. Everything seems a bit more floaty now where previously things felt tight and compact. I'm finding myself avoiding the SB because the larger fonts and large gaps between lines make me feel like I'm out of the loop if I turn away for 30 seconds, and conversations don't seem to remain as focused for as long because it's easy to get lost when there's more than a couple of conversation threads going on.

Again, this may just be me, and I've only tried on mobile so far. I just feel like the new layout options are restrictive in terms of how much info can be on the screen at once and I'm having to do a lot of scrolling to keep up.

I realise this is a very broad thing to bring up, just thought I would anyway.

Isn't getting lost and feeling outta the loop normal for SB though?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
On mobile everything seems bigger and that means I can see less content onscreen. Is there a way to when viewing the thread and forum lists to make it more like the older size?

Another issue I've found is not being able to remove the bullet points from your post without doing so manually by moving the [/list] in the bb code.

Say you have the following
  1. Test 1
  2. Test 2
  3. Test 3
Say you want to remove the bullet from point 3 as you made that by mistake. In the old forum you could highlight that and click the bullet button again and all done. Test 3 has no bullet. On the new forums there is no way to do this without going into the BB code.

Also as an aside, it's not as simple anymore just to highlight text and press the bullet button like on the old forum. These forums look for typing strusture. As in it differentiates between returns and shift + returns and puts the bullet at the last point you pressed return without shift. Much more complicated that on the old forums.

Also removing links from text in a post is handled differently on these forums. on the old forum you could just click on the link button again and if highlighted, the link would be removed. On the new forums you have to clink on the link while editing the post and then remove the link.

funnier6

Courage~
Idk if someone’s said this already or if it’s just on mobile, but theres no next page, back page, number page at the top of the thread anymore, only the bottom. It’s kinda super inconvenient on mobile. :sweat:

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Idk if someone’s said this already or if it’s just on mobile, but theres no next page, back page, number page at the top of the thread anymore, only the bottom. It’s kinda super inconvenient on mobile. :sweat:

Sorry for the lack of action over the last day I have been very very busy. I've just had a few mins before bed tonight to check the above point out. The Xenforo developers seem to have written the buttons out of the template at the top specifically to "Hide any block page nav that goes before the block as we will be wasting vertical space".

I can see why they did it because it looks kind of awkward with the buttons there without that code, but I think the functionality of having those buttons is more valuable so I commented out their code and so you should be able to see the buttons at the top again on mobile now.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Is it possible to get the SB to default on the "Shoutbox" room rather than the other one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom