• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Xenforo 2 Upgrade Suggestions & Feedback

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hi Everyone!

Thank you for sticking around for the upgrade, it has been completed and all the important data has transferred (as far as I can see) and I am starting the long process of restoring as much as I can of the previous functionality that comes through add-ons. @Satan will kindly be working on updating the themes but this is a difficult task so please be patient.

Please use this thread to let me know any features you really want back, if you notice any errors anywhere, or if you have any other feedback.

Thanks all!

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Double click forum icons to mark as read.
Toggle Rich Text Editor on/off.

Other than that, all good so far.

Posting this here from the other thread:
Temporarily disabled the following themes because they're difficult to use and read:
-Farore
-Nayru
-delt fourms
-Din
-Tingle
-Champion Interface

Don't kill me please.
We're lucky the themes survived the upgrade in any form. Some should be okay to be adjusted so the contrast is readable. But, themes like Champion Interface are utterly unsalvageable and I will have to rebuild from scratch. Please. Be. Patient. I'm well aware themes are a mess; telling me they are a mess isn't really feedback, and I don't find it helpful for this thread. If you have feedback on the public themes, Dungeon v22 or Lost Woulds, you're free to let me know but otherwise, just wait. @Spirit already mentioned link colors on Lost Woulds, for instance, I will take care of that when I start delving into fixing the themes.

Thanks.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Disable Mafia, RP, and Gaming threads from showing up in the SB.
Open link in new tab when clicking from SB rather than same window. (Sure I can middle click, but old habits and all!)
Expand truncated sub-forums so we don't have to excessively click to access things like Trash in The Office.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Not sure if this is something that can be changed, but on the Dungeon v.22 theme when you go to highlight something it's really hard to see if it's been selected or not because the highlight blends in with the background.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Featured Threads needs to go in the sidebar, not *above* the Shoutbox.

Additionally, is the old timestamp system a viable option? I'm not a fan of the vague one (a minute ago) that's the default, and the fact that it goes away to show a Like button (a Like button in a fast-moving web chat client? what?) when you hover over it is a bit annoying.

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Just noticed this thread, so as I said in the sb, it's become unreadable since every post is obscured by the poster's avatar which becomes massive blocking all text. Could just be a wii u browser thing.

Feel free to use what pronouns you want. I use both sexed pronoun sets interchangeably.
Could you change the colors of special names on here? The silver on white is practically unreadable due to how close the shades are, and yellow on white is painful enough it should be a crime against humanity.

I did change to a darker scheme, but in the current set-up the darker ones are kinda hideous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom