• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
My provincial election was yesterday. The conservatives won a majority government.

The new leader of my province openly spoke, during the democrat's leadership, that he was against same-sex marriage and proposed a policy allowing (and encouraging) schools to out students to their parents if they join gay-straight alliances. In response, the democratic government enacted an official policy forbidding schools from doing that very thing. Now, the united conservative party, the leader of which is openly anti-abortion and against same sex marriage, wants to repeal that policy.

But the policy isn't even the part that worries me. Under the democrats, this province was a safe place for anybody in the LGBT community to be. It was this support and positivity that made me realize I would be safe to come out here. Now, with a leader and party who have made several homophobic and transphobic comments in the past, my worry is that people will now think it's ok to act bigoted and hateful towards the LGBT community. A place where I felt safe to be who I am is now a place that makes me afraid of the same thing.

This election was a huge blow to the community and I am extremely disappointed in this province for letting it happening, especially with a majority win.

Somebody killed themself in the graveyard next to my house last night. They took an overdose and were found this morning. There are emergency services in front of my house dealing with it now.

Salem

SICK
Don't you wish sometimes you wanna decapitate yourself because of a painful headache?

Also Prison Break is a great show.

Giving serious consideration to watching the Twilight movies again. I... I think I actually miss them.

STOP. RIGHT. THERE.

DIY-frame-Underworld-Movie-Film-posters-and-print-home-decor-art-silk-Fabric-Poster-Print-Kate.jpg_640x640.jpg

There you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom