• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

anyone follow the OOT speedrunning?

i LOVE the drama in the history of that game's speedrun. am i alone? lol! Cosmo, Skater, Torje, Jodenstone wooo \m/

found this video omfg nails it

oot speedrun is DA best

There's nothing impressive about speedrunning at all when clipping through walls and breaking the rules of the game are considered legitimate methods. There's no skill involved, all it takes is a little time to research on how to abuse the game's glitches, anyone can do that.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Honestly no, i don't see the point when all "Speedrunning" is, is just glitches and breaking the games. Yeah it takes some skill for it but at the same time theres no path finding or anything like that in regards to equipment or items. As i recall OOT could be beaten within 15 mins due to a glitch that'd take you right to Ganon. Wheres the point of that?

have you guys seen the olympics? those people just RUN & JUMP and stuff. anyone can do that. like, omg u guyz, what's the point?

how about those people that play piano effortlessly & incredibly well? pfft, there's only 88 keys. anyone can do that.

insane

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
have you guys seen the olympics? those people just RUN & JUMP and stuff. anyone can do that. like, omg u guyz, what's the point?

how about those people that play piano effortlessly & incredibly well? pfft, there's only 88 keys. anyone can do that.

insane
But the people doing that are doing it legitimately, presumably. Unless like in the case of athletes, if they are using steriods that's the cheat or "glitch" of the sport, right? That is illegal and can cause them to get banned from the sport.

I think pulling off glitches is cool, and I'm not taking anything away from people who can do it well. But I feel like there is more satisfaction in doing a glitchless run and setting a speedrunning record for that.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
BlueIron, DJ Twitch did you see the vid I posted about beating OoT w/o collecting a single Rupee? That might be far more interesting
There's nothing impressive about speedrunning at all when clipping through walls and breaking the rules of the game are considered legitimate methods. There's no skill involved, all it takes is a little time to research on how to abuse the game's glitches, anyone can do that.

BlueIron, DJ Twitch did you see the vid I posted about beating OoT w/o collecting a single Rupee? That might be far more interesting

Ok, now that's a cool, original idea. Although my statement on glitching still stands, it would take some real skill to avoid getting any rupees by accident.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Ok, now that's a cool, original idea. Although my statement on glitching still stands, it would take some real skill to avoid getting any rupees by accident.

Unfortuneately you are forced to glitch for a no rupee run from buying the kokiri shield to silver keys, so you'd need to glitch outta bounds for any of that

Unfortuneately you are forced to glitch for a no rupee run from buying the kokiri shield to silver keys, so you'd need to glitch outta bounds for any of that
I'm aware of that, that's why I brought up my previous point. Although I didn't think of the silver rupees at the time...

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I personally prefer the MM speedrun. As for glitches, I think they’re really cool to pull off, but only if you already know the game like the back of your hand. Otherwise you’re just missing out on the actual game. It also really cool if you’re learning to program like I am as it gives you a good understanding of how some devs make their games and how well they work.

Sheikah_Witch

I just really like botw
Omg yes! I really agree OP. I follow Torje on twitch and I'm really waiting for him to go below seventeen. And I hear Skater is off, but it was so cute seeing him get so emotional when he had the WR.

It's really fascinating to me on a technical standpoint all the wrong warping things and stuff. And how they keep saying "Okay NOW we can't go faster .. NOW it's over..." And then they found this item delay thing. I mean it's, more of a technical speedrun rather than it being 'skillz' based but I from another perspective think that it's also very skillful for them to come up with stuff like this. !! :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom