• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How do you feel about Link and Zelda appearing in an Indie game?

How do you feel about this indie crossover?

• Hyped

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Pretty Good

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Not Excited At All

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Cadence of Hyrule Crypt of the Necromancer marks the first time Link and Zelda will be playable in an indie game.

The game looks like a great fit for an old school 2D Zelda experience, so I am really looking forward to it.

Nintendo now has a great relation with indie developers, so I hope they do more of these crossovers with their other franchises.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
More exposure is better. I feel Nintendo have been very protective over their characters in the past, possibly due to the Mario movie. However having them in other things will do the world of good, getting Zelda fans into other franchises and getting fans of other franchises to know the characters of Zelda.

As an aside I love that in a presentation where Microsoft allow one of their generation's biggest exclusives on to the Switch, Nintendo kicks it in the balls with a Zelda indie crossover.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
As an aside I love that in a presentation where Microsoft allow one of their generation's biggest exclusives on to the Switch, Nintendo kicks it in the balls with a Zelda indie crossover.

Microsoft is trying to make sure they get a cut of the switchs popularity which has boomed a fair bit, nintendo is like mafia, old money, so they just fling shiz out

Quin

Disaster Master
I'm not too big on necrodancer but i'm giving it a second shot with this one.
I don't mind them doing this at all, but I'm not hyped, this isn't a zelda game, its a necrodancer one with a zelda setting.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
This is absolutely, very very cool.

Indie Developers get tons of exposure and sales because it uses Nintendo IP

Nintendo gets an exclusive game using their IP, without using a cent of development cost or resources on their part(and likely make royalties as well)

Fans get more games set in the universe that they love, and it opens them up to a wider world of indie games.

Literally nobody loses in this scenario.

I don’t think I’ll play it since it won’t be canon to the Zelda Universe, I assume. Not being canon, no reason to have the characters in it.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I think it is super cool. They might as well give it a shot - I'd never heard of this series before but I might give it a shot just because of the Zelda collab. I think working with indie developers is a great opportunity too and something that Nintendo can use to help keep the Switch as a console that thrives into the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom