• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Slippers, socks, shoes or just barefooted at home

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I have some gold toecapped velvet slippers for when I am feeling classy but I often just wear socks around the house. I don't like going barefoot.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Since moving to Japan I've got in the habit of wearing slippers inside. Most homes here have the "genkan" which is a little area before the floor is raised where you stand to change from shoes to slippers.

Most homes also have specific slippers just for the bathroom too so you don't walk bathroom floor germs around the rest of the house but I haven't got those myself as it seems unnecessary to me.

Most homes also have specific slippers just for the bathroom too so you don't walk bathroom floor germs around the rest of the house but I haven't got those myself as it seems unnecessary to me.
Thats being too hygienic or then their floors are really dirty in Japan.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
Depends on the time of year for me. In Sweden, we don't wear shoes indoors. It's dumb to do so, just gets the floor dirty. But in the winter, I do tend to wear some nice, soft slippers, so my feet don't get too cold. In fall or spring, I usually just go with socks, and in the summer it's barefoot

I have never understood why on earth some people wear shoes indoors. Isn’t that uncomfortable?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
socks and (gasps) slippers cuz of my verrucas at home...and my niece annoys me by wearing shoes all day long....

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Shoes inside is a big no-no here, you just drag in so much crap from the outside if you did. Those are taken off at the entrance. Indoors I mostly go socked, when it's extra cold in the winter I might put on some slippers, and when it's warm in the summer I can easily forgo the socks and just go barefeet. All depends on temperature, of course.

Ninja

Well well well
Socks. Tile downstairs is cold as hell during the winter time. The downside is my upstairs is carpet and socks generate some static electricity if I’m not careful..

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I force all my friends to remove shoes before coming inside my house. no shoes permitted on the carpet. I usually go with socks on because my hands and feet get cold really easily. I have never used slippers.

I was all about socks until a couple of years ago when I made the switch to memory foam slippers. 31st century level comfort ladies n gents.

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
I guess I’m the weird one because I usually wear shoes inside my apartment. For some reason I just usually wear shoes all the time. I really need to get some slippers tbh. On the rare occasions that I don’t wear shoes I still have socks on. You will never catch me barefoot ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom