• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link's Awakening Switch Do You Like the New Link's Awakening Art Style?

Do you like the new art style?

• Yes

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • No

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm already seeing a lot of discussion about the art style of the Switch remake of Link's Awakening. People seem split on it.

It looks cute, but the proportions seems a bit off. I preferred the look of ALBW. But maybe this art style will grow on me over time. The opening cut scene looks a lot nicer than the actual gameplay.

Do you like the new art style?

No.

I was so excited when that Ghibli-like intro played, it got my hype up to see the opening of LA, one of my favourite 2D Zeldas in such great form... LA the first official 2D HD Zelda in history...

And then they showed gameplay, talk about bait and switch!

He looks like a fragile garden gnome! Everything looks like it crawled out of Pokemon Rumble HD, or the DK vs Mario Minis thing on WiiU... just, no.

LA has a lot of depth, it was an accidental game, the jovial flipside to MM and just as crazy and they give it that artstyle?

It looks like what the next Yoshi could look like after Wooly and Crafted World, like Yoshi's Porcelain World or something.

It looks so soulless in a game with depth and heart and damned soul!

What the hell, Nintendo...

I think it's fine for what it is. It's an improvement on the original. I'll still get it.
Though the original colour remake does have it's charm still.

Yeah I was thrown off by the artstyle. At first before the Gameplay showed up I thought The graphics would be something along the lines of ALBW/BotW which in all honesty seemed interesting, but when I saw the gameplay I just went......ooh woooowww.....

looking back at it, i'm still trying the wrap my head around what the hell I just saw in terms of the graphics.

I mean I seen some passable elements,for example, Link still has a resemblemce to his original sprite design (Not an awful lot, but still some), but in all honestly what's wrong with just a simple Anime artstyle? When you look at the artwork and the gameplay, they are two completely different artstyles....Why have BOTW like artwork and have the gameplay resemble Yoshi's Crafty World? It makes no sense.

Now is the gameplay Artstyle Bad? No I guess, but it was definately not what I was expecting, like at all.

Will I still buy and play the game?..... Well, despite the odd artstyle choice, the gameplay itself still looked promising, and I need something to get the sour taste of BotW out of my mouth....

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
photo01.gif

The art style is literally this but brought to life. It's very fitting for Link's Awakening.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I like the toy look of it. I always have a fondness for that art style, and Link's Awakening could make that look work.

I'm glad it isn't just ALBW graphics put on the Switch, and I think the more we see of it and at better angles, the more love it will get.

From the little we've seen of it, it looks okay to me. Can't really give a definite answer until more game play footage is released.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom