• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do/did you keep a diary and do you read it back sometimes

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Ah diaries......those personal journals we kept or still keep. When something good/bad happened or is going on we write or wrote it down. And when reading it back we're like...awww those good old days or are like YIKES! Did you keep a diary or do you still keep one? Now do you? DO YOU? For me...I kept one when I was so much younger. But no I'm not doing that anymore for god knows how long. So what about you? TELLMEYOURSECRETS! :P

Keeping a diary is too much effort, to be honest...
My mother used to read my diary when I went out of the door so it took the privacy part away from me.
This would have happened to me too and i have heard multiple times before that the "secret" diary was being read by parents, brothers/sisters, etc. It removes the whole purpose of a diary...

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I do, why would I not? If it gives me an excuse to "Borrow" pencils from my brother, why would I stop?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ever since like middle school I was on and off about having a journal of sorts, but not a physical one, just some stuff I'd jot down on microsoft word or whatever, but I never stuck by it, it wouldn't matter though b/c all that data would've been lost by 12th grade anyway b/c of my computer

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No I have never felt the desire to keep that type of diary. I wouldn't want someone else finding and reading it anyway.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Haha, I used to keep one as a teen, had a few entries in it, but I actually threw it away a few days ago. I just had no need to read the old melodramatic scribbles of my teen self anymore, lol.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
i scribble thoughts down and look back at them and im like what was i thinking there??

I keep a dream diary if that counts. It's brought good fuel for my stories, though I haven't been able to lucid dream yet.

Siphonix

Eater of Worlds
Sometimes my closet gets a little cluttered, so when I actually psych myself up to cleaning it, sometimes I will find old drawings or pictures from when I was a toddler. A few times I have found my journal from when I was younger and I would reread it. My goodness. I was weird (still am?).

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
I don't necessarily keep a diary... but what I started doing in 2019 was I do have a notebook. Before I go to bed each day, I write down a list of objectives I'm hoping to accomplish for the next day. It sits by my computer desk and I consult it throughout the day, checking things off.

I sometimes look back at prior months to see what I wrote and what I accomplished.

Not exactly a diary, but it has helped me become a bit more productive and efficient. It's a literal hand-written list, as oppose to the computer listing. I think actually writing things done makes me have more of a desire to complete them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom