• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Nintendo outsource IPs to 3rd Party and indie developers?

Which IPs could Nintendo outsource to indie and other developers to make a new game for?
Or do you think that shouldn't happen at all?

Here's a few IPs I think Nintendo could outsource.

Donkey Kong Country - Playtonic
Basically giving the next game back to the old RARE crew. I think we'd get an amazing game there.

F-Zero - Shin'en Multimedia
These blokes made Fast Facing Neo and RMX. As long as they make F-Zero way more accessible than Fast Racing ever was, they'd make an great game.

Eternal Darkness - Atlus
I think they'd be able to make something totally different but just as good as the original.

Can you think of any more?

Give Metroid to Team Cherry, Cherry made Hollow Knight, one of the best Metroidvania's of all time, they'd do an incredible job with Metroid.

Yacht Club of Shovel Knight fame I think would be a great choice to breathe new life into something like Ice Climbers. They could even keep the Shovel Knight artsyle for it.

Inti Creates do great work too but I'm not sure which IP I'd give them, I just know they'd probably turn out something great.

It would be very interesting to see Nintendo loan out IPs to indie Devs.

If even Ubisoft is able to create a good game with Nintendo IP (Rabbids Kingdom Battle) then this might not be a bad idea. However, Nintendo has to keep an eye on the development process at the third party in order to keep the quality standards high.

given this is a Zelda forum after all, should Nintendo lend out Link to a third party? I cannot come up with any company who can create this kind of a game... maybe the Zelda games are not "accessible" enough - in a way like Mario.

given this is a Zelda forum after all, should Nintendo lend out Link to a third party? I cannot come up with any company who can create this kind of a game... maybe the Zelda games are not "accessible" enough - in a way like Mario.

I'm sure Square Enix could make a great game with Link. Bethesda or FromSoftware probably could as well. I would think there are others too,

I'm sure Square Enix could make a great game with Link. Bethesda or FromSoftware probably could as well. I would think there are others too,
How is the relationship between Square Enix and Nintendo nowadays? I thought the friendship was over since the N64 ERA and up until now only one game has been released on Switch.
Bethesda is well known for buggy games, so rather not please... Unless Nintendo's quality control can get them back on track after the Fallout debacle.
FromSoftware only released the dark souls remaster on Nintendo Switch up until now... but given the titles they have made, this could be interesting?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
How is the relationship between Square Enix and Nintendo nowadays? I thought the friendship was over since the N64 ERA and up until now only one game has been released on Switch.
Bethesda is well known for buggy games, so rather not please... Unless Nintendo's quality control can get them back on track after the Fallout debacle.
FromSoftware only released the dark souls remaster on Nintendo Switch up until now... but given the titles they have made, this could be interesting?
I mean, Squenix is apparently being very controlling over how much of their stuff Ninty can put in Smash. So idk how good their relationship is still

Also, never forget that they once lent out whats now some of their top IPs to Phillips.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
To answer the exact question at hand, I'm kinda wondering how it'd work out if they got Sega to do a 2D Mario game. Is that too sinful to ask?
Also, Atlus has already worked with Fire Emblem, and I'd be interested to see their take on a main series game.

The relationship has improved a lot. They released games for the GameCube and Wii, Wii U and announced a several popular FF games to be ported to the Switch.

I'm kinda wondering how it'd work out if they got Sega to do a 2D Mario game. Is that too sinful to ask?.
Do you really want Hotel Mario 2, that much?

Give Metroid to Team Cherry, Cherry made Hollow Knight, one of the best Metroidvania's of all time, they'd do an incredible job with Metroid.
Or you could give Metroid to Milton Guasti. He literally made a better Metroid 2 remake than Nintendo did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom