• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What Annoyed You Today?

Zachie

Moo
My store manager has absolutely no compassion. I would not be surprised to learn he didn't have a heart.

Tonight at work was absolutely ****ed. It was ridiculous. We received a 31 pallet load and we were only given around 40 hours worth of team members to complete it. For comparison, on Friday night we received a 29 pallet load and we had 64 hours given to us. That's, if my math is right, somewhere between 30-40 hours of missing hours.. and that's even if Friday was the correct amount of hours to get **** done, and trust me that is a really ****ing large if.. our area manager is ****ing us around with hours but honestly the management isn't any better.. they'll do anything to save some money. Then, when we notified our department manager that the load was running late (it arrived at 8:30, half an hour after the team started) & she passed on the message to the store manager, his response was, and I **** you not: "Oh. That's late. What has the team been doing?"

Now. I'm not a store manager, and the odds are I never will be.. but can anyone honestly tell me that that's an appropriate message to be passing on? In what universe is it okay for the ****ing store manager to be saying something so completely devoid of compassion?

I don't understand, and honestly as I type this the night fill manager of my store will be slaving away, probably for 3, 4, 5 hours past the time she is meant to finish and none of this will she ever get paid for.

Ridiculous.

Zachie

Moo
So.. last Wednesday I ordered a NAS server on eBay. It shipped the next day, I got the tracking info early friday morning. It had an estimated delivery date for that Friday. Later that day, it was delayed. Fine. I'm sure it'll come on Monday or Tuesday. Monday comes, nothing. Today comes, it hasn't even updated to say it's in Sydney yet. So I call them. They tell me it's in their depot and is being passed to a courier. Awesome. I ask when it will arrive. This is where it gets absolutely stupid.

She says the earliest is Friday. Now, I get a little bit annoyed by this. I explain to her that she's saying it's in Sydney, about to be passed to the courier, and I'm in Western Sydney - 1-2 hours from the depot - and it's going to somehow take 3 days to get to me, still. At that point she apologised and said there was nothing that she could do but couldn't explain why it would take so long, so I asked to speak to her supervisor. She tried to connect me but they were on the phone, so she couldn't connect me. Here's where it gets confusing.

She then went on and explained to me that she had "put a priority" on the parcel, and that it had actually been assigned to a courier yesterday at 2:25pm and should have been delivered 24 hours later. Mind you, all of this is happening at a little bit before 4pm. I ask "So it should have already been delivered?" she got really flustered and then changed her tune.. explaining that they had a morning & afternoon delivery cycle and that it would most likely be delivered tomorrow but might not be delivered until Friday. Which doesn't even make sense since she just said there was a 24 hour time frame after pickup. At this point I just hung up, bc I was so angry.

Pretty sure she broke some kind of law by changing her story so many times. I just want my NAS, man. :[

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom