• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA IIII- Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I just thought of this

Rubik really wanted to leave (or so we think).

He died. He was free. But, then the reset. If he really wanted, he could have stayed dead very easily. He probably had a purpose to come back (Being scum, meaning his wanting to leave was possibly a hoax or a hoax and partial truth).

Then again, perhaps it is just being a good sport of the game. Take that as you will. I imagine it's more of being a sport so I'm not even gonna think about that one

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I just thought of this

He died. He was free. But, then the reset. If he really wanted, he could have stayed dead very easily. He probably had a purpose to come back (Being scum, meaning his wanting to leave was possibly a hoax or a hoax and partial truth).

Then again, perhaps it is just being a good sport of the game. Take that as you will. I imagine it's more of being a sport so I'm not even gonna think about that one
Never join a game you don't intend to play.

funnier6

Courage~
I did see it, otherwise I wouldn't have noticed the text, probably.

---

I wonder if Deku has a role that requires he post super actively.
Doubt it. Not typical storm thing to do, and since it’s difficult to get people to post anyway it would just be a bunch of memes. And what qualifies as active this game is pretty meh in most others. If you’re really wondering what the roles are like I think it’s a pretty safe bet that they’re similar to the previous chaos games, insane cop, weak doctor, things like that. Of course there’s no telling which modifiers but that’s my guess.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Why would the main reason you were lynching someone not be the one that points to then being scum.[/QUOTE]
Because I wasn't sure who else to call scum?
Also, I'm actually surprised you weren't voting me earlier. Really seemed like you wanted to.

You know that’s not what I meant. All your suspicions aren’t suspicions at all, you say go back and never do so yourself. You’re always saying something without ever saying anything. If you’re town I really needa smack you for making me wanna kill you againnn.
Admittedly, you could say that about most of my other town games.

funnier6

Courage~
Oh, if you happen to be a cop just assume your results are wrong cause 10 to 1 they probably are. Forgot to post that earlier.
WHAT THE **** QUOTES
WHY DO YOU FORSAKE ME SO
I can’t even quote the other post but I always want to vote you so that’s not really saying much. I also wanted to vote Minish. Also, that’s not true for all your town games, seems like whenever we’re town together you’re normally different. Only thing that comes to mind is anime boys and OoT though. How’s the suspicions going though? You’re not even voting.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'll do it tomorrow. Looking at what I'm doing at work, I'll have lots of downtime, and I don't really feel up to it tonight. It's been a day. I don't really wanna think right now.
If I don't have at least a suspicion by tomorrow night, I'll throw a vote on myself. So there's a little push for me to actually do it.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
These post might be a bit all over the place, but I just quoted things as I was re-reading.

Almost purely meta, I would assume.

Yes, I would say that, since there has been about 0 things to go off of so far, throwing in meta is a safe option, I would like to say a few things:

1- I think it's best we use safer options than meta, including digging deeper into posts and such

2- In a game such as this, I believe we need some real solid footing before we make a bad decision.

With this, I conclude that we need an extension

Vote extension

Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that using pure meta is in a way too safe and suspect. However, because of the low amount of useful leads I would excuse it, which is why I forgot to mention it

Yiga did make a surprising amount of posts that looked like he was trying to figure things out day one. But the posts he did make don't really set well with me. In the first quote he says there's nothing to go off of and meta is a safe option. Then right after that he says it's better to use safer options than meta and we need to dig deeper into posts. With just two sentences he completely contradicts himself. He does it again in the next quote saying that meta is too safe (then how are you supposed to use safer options than meta?).

Also not too keen on the vote for an extension. It was day one which is usually slow and rarely has anything concrete to go off of. Plus we only get on extension in the game. Wasting it just to prolong rvs wouldn't have been a great move.

I just looked back to "That 70's show mafia" and saw this too. He was a lot more serious then. He seems good so far.

Unvote

I know I said earlier that Hero was looking okay to me, but after re-reading I did find some odd things. He originally rvs voted funnier, then when Deku pointed out that scum funnier wouldn't show open excitement Hero posted this quote. Not only is it weird that it seems he needed a reason to get rid of an rvs vote, but this moment and then the next day it seems like he was sheeping Deku a lot.

I don't necessarily think Hero is scum at the moment, but just wanted to point out these in case they seem more relevant later. It could be that Hero is town and just sheeping because he's confused as to what's going on with the game, which isn't unbelievable for this particular game. And I'm not sure how blatant scum would be about sheeping like that.

I also don't understand where you're getting this argument that you pushed for Rubik's lynch to save yourself, when no one had really stated suspicions of you until after Rubik's wagon started to form. I made a comment about being suspicious of Rubik and you immediately jumped on his vote. Rubik responded with a vote of his own against you, and that was the "wagon" against you for the majority of the day.

This is another great point. I noticed that going back through stuff and it's odd that Deku would think that he needed to save himself. He was in no real danger at the time. So to be so aggressive against Rubik then, and saying it was to save himself now and he didn't really think Rubik was scum seems like back peddling.

What are your thoughts on Funnier?

I feel pretty good about funnier. His back and forth with you day one felt really genuine and like town funnier. Plus, being killed night one as town is very much a funnier thing. Not seeing any of his scum play and (to bring up something small from day 1) I don't think scum funnier would be that excited for this game. Considering he's been scum the past two games and I know he gets wore out from being scum that much.

How you feel about the people who died before the reset?

I've already mentioned my thoughts on you and Rubik a bit. Definitely reading you as town, and Rubik as well to a lesser extent. Mostly because I find him hard to read. But I think he looks like his typical town self. And despite not liking he way the game is setup he's still participating which helps town a lot.

Libk and Storma are pretty neutral. Neither has said much which isn't out of the norm for either of them. I can't remember the last time Libk was mafia, so I don't recall his mafia play. But Storma is inactive even as scum so not much of a read from that. Not sure if Libk would let himself be modkilled from inactivity if he were scum in this game though. Especially considering there's likely a small scum team. He also did try to vote for Storm day 1 which feels like it could be a risky play as scum. So maybe more neutral/slight town lean for Libk. And completely neutral for Storma.

I just thought of this

You're doing that thing where you don't read the thread again, aren't you?

Not sure why you're assuming the dead got a choice to come back.

I also wanted to vote Minish.

:(
But I just got here!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Has nobody read my posts where I described the varying shades of my push on Rubik yesterday? Of course I wasn t in danger when I started. I was the first vote. But after that for almost the entire day it was looking like a literal 50/50 shot, up until the tie was broken in literally the last hour

funnier6

Courage~
I don't necessarily think Hero is scum at the moment, but just wanted to point out these in case they seem more relevant later. It could be that Hero is town and just sheeping because he's confused as to what's going on with the game, which isn't unbelievable for this particular game. And I'm not sure how blatant scum would be about sheeping like that.
Hero typically does stuff like that as far as I can tell. I feel like his posts would be a bit more scripted if he was scum so that’s what I’m going by right now.
I don't think scum funnier would be that excited for this game
Even if it was low key kinda excited?
:(
But I just got here!
Sorry, was just an idea I had. (:

Why does my phone allow me to select text for multi quote but not select text for the post I’m typing?

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
-5 points for using white text. Another -5 cause my phone won't stupid select text so I had to get on my laptop to change the color. Also your ZD mafia games spoiler in your sig is a lil out of date.

Help, I'm blind.

The fact that nothing happened shouldn't be enough reason for me to switch from being your vote to your #2 highest townread (with storma at the top for some reason?) You gave reasons for your reads, though, so that's something.

At least you've got Deku where he belongs, but that's another thing it seems like you've taken a 180 on considering you backed his wagon over mine yesterday.

Sorryyyyyy, it looked fine to me when I was typing it, I forgot the background changes color when you put it in a spoiler tag... plus that not everyone uses the same theme as me.

Anyway, @Rubik, the reads weren't meant to be in any sort of order, you being closer towards the top doesn't mean I thought you were way townier than the others. That's just my general mindset right now, it's where I'm at. Based on everyone's posts so far, Darku does seem like the more likely mafia alive right now. In the interest of reaching majority;

Vote: Darko

...This is hard. Like, seriously hard. I've already backed up some of the things he's said. Most of them I agreed with, and now that I question his alignment, I have to be careful about how I do it. If I go too fast, people are going to be suspicious about how I 180'd since the past few days. If I go too slow, it'll look like I'm dragging my feet, trying to give him a chance to come back, or start a wagon on someone else. I have no problem with lynching him. Arguments have been written against him. I believe them. But I'm trying to do so with tact here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom