• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA IIII- Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Like you said, nobody has said much of substance. I'm keeping this thing active so people keep getting notifications to think about it, in hopes of someone making a breakthrough. I'm throwing my vote at you not because of anyone else's suspicions, but because your posts seem to be trying to push others towards apathy, which would lead to an easy scum win. I'm not gonna give up on this game because we have nothing to go off of. Even if there's not much, we may as well try I think.
You have to make your own breakthroughs. Playing passively is for scum or for players who want to be manipulated by scum.

There's plenty of material from me from day 1, and now you've got some from me from day 2--you have plenty to make a real case on me, one that involves actually breaking down what I've said this game and why I did so instead of just voting for me because I begrudgingly joined this game and then found out that it was even less appealing to play in than I had expected.

In the meantime, I'm going to vote for you, who has done nothing but make insubstantial posts actively all game to appear to "contribute" instead of trying to proactively get information out of others or analyze that information.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
You have to make your own breakthroughs. Playing passively is for scum or for players who want to be manipulated by scum.

There's plenty of material from me from day 1, and now you've got some from me from day 2--you have plenty to make a real case on me, one that involves actually breaking down what I've said this game and why I did so instead of just voting for me because I begrudgingly joined this game and then found out that it was even less appealing to play in than I had expected.

In the meantime, I'm going to vote for you, who has done nothing but make insubstantial posts actively all game to appear to "contribute" instead of trying to proactively get information out of others or analyze that information.
I'm trying to make breakthroughs. That's why I'm doing something now. Because I saw something and decided to go after it.
You've said a fair amount, yeah, but not a lot of it has stuff to break down. A lot of one-liners, no real attempts to illicit responses... you're honestly not doing much better than I've been. From what I recall, you've had two votes overall this game - one RVS vote in your first post and your response to my vote on you. You haven't tried to make a case against anyone really, and in fact you've done the exact same things you claim I'm doing. You told Storma to be the change he wants to see in the world, and were then immediately called out for not doing the same by someone who proceeded to die in the night. You said you were, but never really explained what the change you wanted to see was, and in effect simply dismissed the argument and moved on.
You're right. I could've built more of a case if I went back earlier and tried. But this was really the first time that it hit me how mindsets like yours could affect this game. I was originally thinking of going for inactives, but then I realized that they were only negatively affecting the game indirectly. A direct negativity towards the game itself and our ability to do anything will cause people to think that they can't do anything, and in this game we just can't have that.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Post Count
Darko-IIIIIIIIII
Lonk-I
Hero-IIIIII
Doc-III
Rubik-IIII
Yiga-II
SMS-III

Day Ends October 8th at Noon

Vote Count
Rubik-1(Darko)
Darko-1(Rubik)

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Definitely have to agree with Darkonut, spreading a mindset of negativity about the game will cause interest to be lost, and it'd be handing the game over to the mafia, or to other roles that may have other win conditions.

I'm trying my best to get a feel for the game. Something that is on my mind is whether Storm might add in roles like Jesters into a bastard game?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Definitely have to agree with Darkonut, spreading a mindset of negativity about the game will cause interest to be lost, and it'd be handing the game over to the mafia, or to other roles that may have other win conditions.

I'm trying my best to get a feel for the game. Something that is on my mind is whether Storm might add in roles like Jesters into a bastard game?
It's definitely possible. I wouldn't put it past him. But this is a small game, and like I said the other day, I kind of doubt there are too many third party roles here. Honestly more than 1 would be simply unfair for the town. And I really don't think Storm would NOT use The Buck. So it's possible, but I doubt it.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
When haven't I spread a negative atmosphere upon learning that roleclaiming was restricted to any degree in a game, regardless of alignment?

I voted for funnier d1 to get a good read on the gamestate and how people would react and I suggested a lynch on yiga yesterday and I've voted for you today. The only proactive thing you've done this game is make an attack on what probably looked to you like an easy target at the time, which is suspicious.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Guess who wasn't getting notifications?... MEEE
On a semi-side note, I'm interested/afraid to see how voting goes this day... Generally, mafia don't all vote the same person because whenwhen t lynchee flips town, it'll cast doubt on those who voted them. Since alignment isn't revealed upon death, they may not be afraid to all vote on the same person. Even if there's only two (there may be there, but I doubt it), that puts us at a serious voting disadvantage. They would be able to more easily vote someone off, and if someone already has two votes, they could reach majority without fear of being found out.
But we'd have to assume that with this advantage, the mafia would be able to take out who they want. At this point, I don't believe they will vote with eacah other, because simple analysis of that would tie them together with a Van-Der-Wall. With so little to go off of, looking into the votes is one of the most important things to do, and if they were to vote together they are still giving away a little bit of evidence. Anyways, you could possibly be right, but I don't think so.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
When haven't I spread a negative atmosphere upon learning that roleclaiming was restricted to any degree in a game, regardless of alignment?

I voted for funnier d1 to get a good read on the gamestate and how people would react and I suggested a lynch on yiga yesterday and I've voted for you today. The only proactive thing you've done this game is make an attack on what probably looked to you like an easy target at the time, which is suspicious.
But in most games there's usually a positive atmosphere to counteract you. In this game, everyone is in a negative position to start out with, so any actively negative force in this game is worse than in most other games.
In the RVS stage, your vote, as intentioned as it was, did about the same amount of help as anyone else's vote at the time. You did suggest Yig as well, and I'll give you that. And like I said, I didn't vote for you because other people had thrown shade at you yesterday. I'm throwing shade on you because, based on what I've seen, you're the one negatively affecting this town the most, and have some questionable parts about you. It would be an easy target if other people were still looking at you now, but they haven't. You were a secondary suspicion from yesterday that was quickly forgotten.

Can we get other people commenting on this? idc which side you support, but I want to see people's thoughts. Thanks to @Jason The Axemaskman for doing so.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
But in most games there's usually a positive atmosphere to counteract you. In this game, everyone is in a negative position to start out with, so any actively negative force in this game is worse than in most other games.
In the RVS stage, your vote, as intentioned as it was, did about the same amount of help as anyone else's vote at the time. You did suggest Yig as well, and I'll give you that. And like I said, I didn't vote for you because other people had thrown shade at you yesterday. I'm throwing shade on you because, based on what I've seen, you're the one negatively affecting this town the most, and have some questionable parts about you. It would be an easy target if other people were still looking at you now, but they haven't. You were a secondary suspicion from yesterday that was quickly forgotten.

Can we get other people commenting on this? idc which side you support, but I want to see people's thoughts. Thanks to @Jason The Axemaskman for doing so.
I mean, being a pessimist is better than being an optimist, but to be a realist is the best. TO eliminate all negative vibes and replace them with logical vibes is in the best interest of the game. Not exactly scummy however .Enough said.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Vote Darkonut

I actually liked Rubik's responses so far and I feel like Deku and SMS jumped on his wagon a bit too quickly.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Post Count
Darko-IIIIIIIIIIII
Lonk-I
Hero-IIIIII
Doc-III
Rubik-IIIIIII
Yiga-IIII
SMS-IIIII

Day Ends October 8th at Noon

Vote Count
Rubik-2(Darko,SMS)
Darko-2(Rubik,Doc)

Day ends in 1 Hour...

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!

All in all, I feel like you have the better argument, and I'd rather vote Rubik than Darko. If it was between voting Rubik and some inactive/unhelpful I'd have more difficulty thinking about it, but Darko seems to be doing the most to try and help.

Well, with the day ending in less than an hour and the votes tied, looks like the decision falls on shoulders.

Vote: Rubik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom