• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread CHAOS MAFIA IIII- Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
I dunno, I’m a likeable guy? People are salt? There’s the underlying “Oh yes, we can get rid of funnier6 day one!” from the scum team? I kind of don’t care but I also don’t wanna die yet cause I’m actually low key kinda psyched for this game.

You don’t quite seem to be living up to that philosophy.

RVS typically only lasts 24 hours and then we talk about weird things that stick out to us and motives and blah. It might help you if you read some games to see how they broke out of RVS.

I was thinking the same thing, since we have such a short amount of time to actually make a decision and storma has already posted more than he does as mafia I’m really leaning in the scum Yiga direction. Of course I hardly have enough posts from him but that can’t be helped. Also idk if it’s just me but you really seem like town Rubik and I really want you to be town Rubik cause otherwise the tables have turned on me and have we ever even been town together before?
I forgot to do the thing.

Unvote

Vote: Yiga

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I dunno, I’m a likeable guy? People are salt? There’s the underlying “Oh yes, we can get rid of funnier6 day one!” from the scum team? I kind of don’t care but I also don’t wanna die yet cause I’m actually low key kinda psyched for this game.

Why are you psyched for the game?

You don’t quite seem to be living up to that philosophy.

I'm not sure I agree with that. I probably post more than I expect other people to post in a game of mafia.

I was thinking the same thing, since we have such a short amount of time to actually make a decision and storma has already posted more than he does as mafia I’m really leaning in the scum Yiga direction. Of course I hardly have enough posts from him but that can’t be helped. Also idk if it’s just me but you really seem like town Rubik and I really want you to be town Rubik cause otherwise the tables have turned on me and have we ever even been town together before?

Agreeing with you is never a good sign.

I don't know if we have been. Somehow I've probably been self-aligned more than I've been town, and scum more than I've been any other alignment, despite the fact that town should be the most common alignment by far.

funnier6

Courage~
Why are you psyched for the game?
Couple reasons. It’s been a while and I haven’t gotten to exercise my debate muscles much. This is the first time I’ve been town in one of storm’s games so that means I get to be on the more fun side of the chaos. (Cause pretending you don’t know who’s town gets so dull after a while) I like my role, which is all I’ll say about that since softing isn’t allowed. It’s nice to be playing again.
I'm not sure I agree with that. I probably post more than I expect other people to post in a game of mafia.
I was talking more in terms of quality than quantity. Cause taking the time to post that someone else isn’t doing all that much when neither you nor the entire game have done very much either is a bit hypocritical even though you are trying.
Agreeing with you is never a good sign.
I would think disagreeing would be a bad sign since that’s usually when I figure out your scum. But okay. Also I’m very likely to not be present at end of day tomorrow and very little before so that should be fun.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
You.

I prefer a more Socratic approach, though. Why do you think I think you're scummy?
Almost purely meta, I would assume.

Yes, I would say that, since there has been about 0 things to go off of so far, throwing in meta is a safe option, I would like to say a few things:

1- I think it's best we use safer options than meta, including digging deeper into posts and such

2- In a game such as this, I believe we need some real solid footing before we make a bad decision.

With this, I conclude that we need an extension

Vote extension

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
To be off on the right foot day one is better than to have not used a tool that you needed.

All up to you folks though

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Oh yeah, and I forgot to mention that using pure meta is in a way too safe and suspect. However, because of the low amount of useful leads I would excuse it, which is why I forgot to mention it

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'll
Unvote
I would expect a lot of things from scum-funnier, but open excitement is not one of them. I'll give him a pass for the moment

funnier6

Courage~
I'll
Unvote
I would expect a lot of things from scum-funnier, but open excitement is not one of them. I'll give him a pass for the moment
Why Deku? Is it because YOU KNOW I’M TOWN? Are you anticipating blame? How do the words “actually low key kinda psyched” convey open excitement to you? Why aren’t you looking for anyone to lynch?

...I probably should go to sleep.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Why Deku? Is it because YOU KNOW I’M TOWN? Are you anticipating blame? How do the words “actually low key kinda psyched” convey open excitement to you? Why aren’t you looking for anyone to lynch?

...I probably should go to sleep.
Because you've been mafia plenty of times before. You don't portray open excitement usually. Which means that you have something specific to this game keeping your interest. And in this game, that means roles.
As probably the person in this game with the most direct experience with how Storm writes games, I personally believe his town roles to be more interesting (and sometimes more hellish) than his mafia roles. So because of that, you probably have a more interesting town role.
Though honestly the most interesting is his 3rd party roles, but if he only has one... well, we know what it would be, and none of us would be excited to play that. I can't say for sure how many there are, but he probably doesn't have very many of them either way.
So because of that, you're probably town.

HeroOfTime

Challenger Approaching!
Because you've been mafia plenty of times before. You don't portray open excitement usually.

I just looked back to "That 70's show mafia" and saw this too. He was a lot more serious then. He seems good so far.

Unvote

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I've been in role madness games, I've never played in a straight up bastard game though, I think it is interesting that Deku pointed this out.

As probably the person in this game with the most direct experience with how Storm writes games, I personally believe his town roles to be more interesting (and sometimes more hellish) than his mafia roles.

I'm wondering just what to expect from the Mafia roles. Are they going to just be standard roles or are they going to have some over the top roles too?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I've been in role madness games, I've never played in a straight up bastard game though, I think it is interesting that Deku pointed this out.

I'm wondering just what to expect from the Mafia roles. Are they going to just be standard roles or are they going to have some over the top roles too?
Most of the roles will probably be regular mafia roles with modifiers, like drunk or Quack. Town roles he'll push harder into I think with more varied ones.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Vote Count
Funnier-3(rubik)
Alfie-2(Doc)
Hero-1(Mido)

Yet to vote: SMS, Libk, YIGAhim, Stormageden747, funnier6, DarkoNut, HeroOfTime

Day Ends October 4th at Noon EST

Of course this is still relying on Storm not keeping Libk's vote on Storm on Storma. Really no idea of he'll do that or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom