• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule's Geography

Took me long enough. The Gamecube version has altered dialogue from the Wii version. If you go around Hyrule Castle Town as Wolf Link in the Wii version people will say Lake Hylia is in Eastern Hyrule. In the Gamecube version, however, the dialogue says it is in Western Hyrule. And since the game's map was orginally intended to be seen as it is in the Gamecube version, it is the geographical canon map.

So, Lanayru Province is in Western Hyrule? Hmm, that'd still work out very well for OoT too. I think another excellent consensus for speculation now would be the Twilight Realm being part of the Dark World which was seen in A Link to the Past.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
So, Lanayru Province is in Western Hyrule? Hmm, that'd still work out very well for OoT too. I think another excellent consensus for speculation now would be the Twilight Realm being part of the Dark World which was seen in A Link to the Past.
Yes, it is in western Hyrule.

As for the Twilight Realm and Dark World, they can't be the same. The Dark world is just a twisted and evil representation of the Sacred Realm created by Ganon.

Yes, it is in western Hyrule.

As for the Twilight Realm and Dark World, they can't be the same. The Dark world is just a twisted and evil representation of the Sacred Realm created by Ganon.

Wouldn't the Evil Realm be where Ganondorf was being banished too in the flashback to his execution scene in Twilight Princess? So, the Twilight Realm is the Evil Realm? I'm still thinking it connects to the Dark World somehow, and failing that, the Shadow Temple is definitely located in the Dark World.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Wouldn't the Evil Realm be where Ganondorf was being banished too in the flashback to his execution scene in Twilight Princess? So, the Twilight Realm is the Evil Realm? I'm still thinking it connects to the Dark World somehow, and failing that, the Shadow Temple is definitely located in the Dark World.
The Dark world is just another name for the Evil Realm, and in ALttP it was only created because Ganon obtained the whole Triforce. This wasn't the case on the Child Timeline. The Dark World resembles Hyrule in almost every way, The Twilight Realm has nothing in common with Hyrule.

The Dark world is just another name for the Evil Realm, and in ALttP it was only created because Ganon obtained the whole Triforce. This wasn't the case on the Child Timeline. The Dark World resembles Hyrule in almost every way, The Twilight Realm has nothing in common with Hyrule.

So, can we say that the Twilight Realm is a parallel universe much in the like of Termina from Majora's Mask? I would furthermore make the claim that the Twilight Realm must also be a physical universe that exists separately from that of Hyrule, or more aptly determined, the world of light. Still, the musings of Rusl at the beginning of TP ascertain differently as he laments that at dusk, our (their) world intercepts with their (The Twilight Realm) which would imply that the Twilight Realm is not a physical universe but a higher spatial dimension which cannot be perceived by Hylians or beings who dwell in the light.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
So, can we say that the Twilight Realm is a parallel universe much in the like of Termina from Majora's Mask? I would furthermore make the claim that the Twilight Realm must also be a physical universe that exists separately from that of Hyrule, or more aptly determined, the world of light. Still, the musings of Rusl at the beginning of TP ascertain differently as he laments that at dusk, our (their) world intercepts with their (The Twilight Realm) which would imply that the Twilight Realm is not a physical universe but a higher spatial dimension which cannot be perceived by Hylians or beings who dwell in the light.
A higher spatial dimension sounds on point.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So, we've reached a consensus on that. Is there a forum in the Zelda Theory section which highlights any of this? I'd like to share my own musings on this.

Go write it bro!

More likely Twilight realm is a parasite dimension, it relies on the twilight mirror for a connection to Hyrule as stated near the end of the game if it were to be shattered then Link and Midna would be permanently seperated and only the rightful ruler could do so.

Twilight realm is quite literally a prison within a prison the twili within are "likely" remnants of the gerudo tribe or whoever else helped g-dorf try for the triforce.

Dark would came about from Ganon's twisted wish and it remade the Sacred Realm.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Twilight realm is quite literally a prison within a prison the twili within are "likely" remnants of the gerudo tribe or whoever else helped g-dorf try for the triforce.
I still have doubts about a Twili and Gerudo connection. Wouldn't Ganondorf know that the Twili are his own people who tried helping him?

Besides, the Twili invasion of the Sacred Realm seems to likely have occured during the pre Hyrule Unification war era.

I still have doubts about a Twili and Gerudo connection. Wouldn't Ganondorf know that the Twili are his own people who tried helping him?

Besides, the Twili invasion of the Sacred Realm seems to likely have occured during the pre Hyrule Unification war era.

Color me befuddled but I always thought that the Twili were an offshoot of Sheikah who employed the dark arts for selfish reasons in order to acquire the Triforce in its entirety.

Reactions: Pen

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava

True on both accounts but also bear in mind Ganondorf didn't seem to care much about his own people. But yeah the Twili invasion more or less happened long ago for em to evolved to the point they are at

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Color me befuddled but I always thought that the Twili were an offshoot of Sheikah who employed the dark arts for selfish reasons in order to acquire the Triforce in its entirety.
That is a popular theory as well.

My theory is that the Dark Interlopers came from a foreign region. To interlope means to thrust into affairs not pretaining to you. It could be argued they just didn't belong in the Sacred Realm, but I think they had no business being in Hyrule at all.

That is a popular theory as well.

My theory is that the Dark Interlopers came from a foreign region. To interlope means to thrust into affairs not pretaining to you. It could be argued they just didn't belong in the Sacred Realm, but I think they had no business being in Hyrule at all.

Foreign region? Are you saying from a different locality altogether? From memory, I know of Hollodrum, Lorule, Termina, Labrynna, and I think that's it. Could the Dark Interlopers come from any of those regions or a region as yet undiscovered by any protagonist of LoZ?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Foreign region? Are you saying from a different locality altogether? From memory, I know of Hollodrum, Lorule, Termina, Labrynna, and I think that's it. Could the Dark Interlopers come from any of those regions or a region as yet undiscovered by any protagonist of LoZ?
A different kingdom altogether, yes. Midna even menetions the interlopers had their own king.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom