• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler How would Hyrule have turned out without the Hero of Time?

Hero of Pizza Time

Pizza Parker
Hey everyone,

One of the things I find interesting about the plot of Ocarina of Time was that by pulling out the Master Sword, Link unknowingly granted Ganondorf access to the Triforce. This seemed to be exactly what Ganondorf wanted, so Link was kind of responsible for the devastation done to Hyrule. This gives players some extra motivation to solve the problem they caused.

But this leads to an even bigger question about what might have happened if Link, the Hero of Time didn't exist. From what was said above, one would think that Hyrule would be better off without him. No one would be able to pull out the Master Sword and let Ganondorf claim the Triforce. But because Ganondorf had at least part of the Triforce, he was able to terrorize Hyrule for generations more in each of the timelines.

Of course, I could be forgetting about something that the Hero of Time was needed for in the first place. Let me know what you think.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
So if Link never existed?

Well Ganondorf would most likely get the Kokiri stone and maybe the fire and water ones. If he didn't he'd just wage more war.

Let's say he did: He then needs the Ocarina of Time, which he would most likely not find. Wage more war

Let's say he does: Now he can't pull out the master sword. Hires people, doesn't work. Wage more war, until someone finally can, and then he does get the triforce and yatta yatta

Think this already happened, which is considered the Child Timeline. Ganon never entered The Sacred Realm but ended up attacking Hyrule and captured, sentenced to execution and so on. Maybe I’m confused on what you’re asking?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Think this already happened, which is considered the Child Timeline. Ganon never entered The Sacred Realm but ended up attacking Hyrule and captured, sentenced to execution and so on. Maybe I’m confused on what you’re asking?

Events of the child timeline occured after link went back in time and warned zelda and the king of ganondorfs treachery.

If link never existed i'd imagine it'd proceed straight to ALTTP where he seized control anyway. It's kinda clear he was working towards it anyway in OOT

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
If link never existed i'd imagine it'd proceed straight to ALTTP where he seized control anyway. It's kinda clear he was working towards it anyway in OOT
I concur. In the manual for ALttP it is even stated that the Sacred Realm was was mysically opened by accident by Ganondorf and his band of thieves.

"One day, quite by accident, a gate to the Golden Land of the Triforce was opened by a gang of thieves skilled in the black arts." - ALttP Manual

And it goes on to talk about how they all turned on one another, but Ganondorf killed all of them to get the Triforce.

Anyway, the point is Ganondorf would have found a way to enter the Sacred Realm anyway, it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom