• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors: Best level for Hard Mode Skulltulas?

I just finished Legend Mode in Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition with all the Heart Pieces, Heart Containers and regular Gold Skulltulas collected. What level should my characters be so I can collect the Hard Mode Gold Skulltulas without any major frustrations?

Max Level is always best level
So level FF right? (do you get the joke)

Seriously though back in the day on WiiU, I did them all around level 75-100 with the levelk 3 weapons but DE is balanced totally differently. I think 75-100 with good level 2 weapons should get the job done. Though the last stage in the Gannondorf story is a real *****. Only because you hace to use Darunia and as a character he is ****ing ****. Well he's not the worst in the game but it's up there with his crappiness. You might have to grind a few more levels for him or one of the characters you are not good with. The rest are not all that hard.

Honestly though I'd not bother with the hard Legend mode skulltulas. Just hot Adventure mode and come back to legend hard mode once you're characters are way levelled up and you've gotten lots of new weapons.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Story Mode hard skulltulas are not that hard to get. The only one that was a pain in the ass to me was the Lake Hylia one in Linkle's story. But it's more about strategy rather than KOs and health. The only thing I can tell you is to do exactly as you're instructed to do to obtain that Skulltula. I got me some Hard Mode Skulltulas with warriors around level 25.

Story Mode hard skulltulas are not that hard to get. The only one that was a pain in the ass to me was the Lake Hylia one in Linkle's story. But it's more about strategy rather than KOs and health. The only thing I can tell you is to do exactly as you're instructed to do to obtain that Skulltula. I got me some Hard Mode Skulltulas with warriors around level 25.
The only hard one on the WiiU port for me was the final Ganondorf stage. The one where you have to kill beast Ganon with all the loot you've gathered. Darunia is just so terrible. I had to over level him just to get it. As I said above.

I've not tried any of the Legends / Switch exclusive ones yet. Once I level up the characters more and get all their level 2 weapons I'll try them.
Honestly I actually recommend doing that on the Switch port. Play through all of Legend mode on easy or normal then take a break from it and do some Adventure mode. Then come back to hard Legend mode later on. That way you won't be burnt out on Legend mode and you'll have better weapons and more character levels to get the hard mode skulltulas with.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
The only hard one on the WiiU port for me was the final Ganondorf stage. The one where you have to kill beast Ganon with all the loot you've gathered. Darunia is just so terrible. I had to over level him just to get it. As I said above.

I've not tried any of the Legends / Switch exclusive ones yet. Once I level up the characters more and get all their level 2 weapons I'll try them.
Honestly I actually recommend doing that on the Switch port. Play through all of Legend mode on easy or normal then take a break from it and do some Adventure mode. Then come back to hard Legend mode later on. That way you won't be burnt out on Legend mode and you'll have better weapons and more character levels to get the hard mode skulltulas with.
OMFG!! YES! Darunia................. I feel your pain. I hate playing as Darunia anyway so I also left him alone and leveled him up. I was able to get that Skulltula with the help of my sister. She and I played it together on the wiiu with a Link level 255 and a Darunia level 80. I'm so glad when Legends got released. I no longer needed to play as him as long as he was one of my warriors.

OMFG!! YES! Darunia................. I feel your pain. I hate playing as Darunia anyway so I also left him alone and leveled him up. I was able to get that Skulltula with the help of my sister. She and I played it together on the wiiu with a Link level 255 and a Darunia level 80. I'm so glad when Legends got released. I no longer needed to play as him as long as he was one of my warriors.
Yeah same thing on Switch. It's great. Don't need to play as him, as long as he is on the map. Did you know this also works for some A-Rank heart pieces and chest loot too. Yet another reason why the 3DS / Switch version is so much better than the WiiU version.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yeah same thing on Switch. It's great. Don't need to play as him, as long as he is on the map. Did you know this also works for some A-Rank heart pieces and chest loot too. Yet another reason why the 3DS / Switch version is so much better than the WiiU version.
Yes and I don't know if you played the Grand Travel Map yet. But with some train cards you can remove restrictions. When I first played the 3DS version I used it immidiatly to remove the restricted to option. Some characters -no matter what level- are crap to play! I so hate it when you have to level up characters that I don't like. And with the wiiu it was so much worse because you're forced to play as certain characters to be able to continue.

Yes and I don't know if you played the Grand Travel Map yet. But with some train cards you can remove restrictions. When I first played the 3DS version I used it immidiatly to remove the restricted to option. Some characters -no matter what level- are crap to play! I so hate it when you have to level up characters that I don't like. And with the wiiu it was so much worse because you're forced to play as certain characters to be able to continue.
I've played a couple of stages there to unlock a character and that's it. It's the same witht he Wind Waker Map. You can remove the restrictions there too. I see no reason not to remove a restriction before you play the stage. Makes the stages easier and more fun. We have the Second Quest Map and the Master Wind Waker Maps where we can't remove many of the restrictions so best to remove them where we can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom