• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Fallout: New Vegas Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Negative consequences to what?

I can't be the hidden lynch, the hidden lynch has to be vanilla town.

Actually I take that back, the vig only gets one shot in this setup right? Why waste the shot so early?

You're only a survivor by your claim, not anything concrete. You could very well be anything still.

Also the hidden lynchee wouldn’t know who they are anyway if I’m reading the setup right.

Thats why I said besides him "thinking" hes the HL.

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
Survivor is the easiest role to claim on Day 1. That said, I have seen some people use this strategy on Day 1 on MU since they essentially become an innocent child and mafia will focus on killing town PRs instead. I'm not used to this kind of play on ZD, but I'm willing to give Rubik the benefit of the doubt for now.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Actually I take that back, the vig only gets one shot in this setup right? Why waste the shot so early?

You're only a survivor by your claim, not anything concrete. You could very well be anything still.

Thats why I said besides him "thinking" hes the HL.
I'm almost certainly not town is the important thing. I could be any self role (jester, lyncher, sk, survivor), cult, or scum. There's a near zero percent chance I'd claim survivor D1 as town.

Using a vig on a non-town entity that isn't a direct threat might not be the most optimal move, but it's certainly not a bad one.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Survivor is the easiest role to claim on Day 1. That said, I have seen some people use this strategy on Day 1 on MU since they essentially become an innocent child and mafia will focus on killing town PRs instead. I'm not used to this kind of play on ZD, but I'm willing to give Rubik the benefit of the doubt for now.
Tbh, the only roles I'd try to pull this with D1 are probably survivor and jester, realistically. My forum's meta pretty commonly lynches self-claimed survivors D1, so normally I wouldn't be especially likely to claim it, but in a setup like this where the existence of a survivor could be proved by a lyncher or lynchee flipping later in the game, I feel like it's a better move to make than usual.

I'm almost certainly not town is the important thing. I could be any self role (jester, lyncher, sk, survivor), cult, or scum. There's a near zero percent chance I'd claim survivor D1 as town.

Using a vig on a non-town entity that isn't a direct threat might not be the most optimal move, but it's certainly not a bad one.

Maybe if we had an actual Vig, but being a one shot makes it a dangerous move.

Unvote

I wont be on after the next hour and don't want to risk a maj while I sleep. If I deem you a threat still after I wake up and read the usual spam of others in the middle of the night (seriously think we are most active then) I will reapply my vote.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
I'm guessing rubik is an independent third party?
If so, there's literally NO reason to kill him- he's good, and he can help us find scum. No reason for him to fake the claim, so I think he's serious about it. If his win is non-overriding, we can just safely ignore him. Everyone who voted for him should probably be scrutinized. On ZD this means they're probably town.
Krow is giving me a sharp contrast from last game, where he was less engaged and more inclined to follow a wayward tracker. Could be due to replace, but he's actually thinking about the game, which shows effort. Towny so far.

Funnier is scum.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
To quote the wiki:

"You win if any faction wins and you are still alive."

There's no interpretation of that statement where survivor could serve as a replacement effect for the other winning faction without completely throwing language out the window, in my opinion.

-

I think there is still reason to kill me if it can be done in an action efficient way or if there's serious concern about me being an anti-town self role, but if no one counterclaims me as survivor and a lyncher or lynchee flips, I can't really think of a good reason to want to kill me.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
I'm guessing rubik is an independent third party?
If so, there's literally NO reason to kill him- he's good, and he can help us find scum. No reason for him to fake the claim, so I think he's serious about it. If his win is non-overriding, we can just safely ignore him. Everyone who voted for him should probably be scrutinized. On ZD this means they're probably town.
Krow is giving me a sharp contrast from last game, where he was less engaged and more inclined to follow a wayward tracker. Could be due to replace, but he's actually thinking about the game, which shows effort. Towny so far.

Funnier is scum.

dont monopolize the thread this game, Moe

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
You're different I mean. Like, you sound a little bit more cautious in your posts than normal, and you're asking more mechanical stuff instead of just memeing during RVS

I freakin hate RVS can we be done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom