• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Girlfriend issues. Well I mean we're not together yet, but a few months ago she said she wanted to date me. I really like her. But she had to move back in with her parents two months ago. She recently got another apartment, but then just dropped off for awhile. So earlier today I messaged her and was like, I'm trying to be patient with you, but it's been over a month and I have heard nothing from you. I asked her if she even still wanted to date me. And then I was like just please say something to me. 2 hours ago she responded. "What's up?" What's up! What the hell?

She doesn't sound that interested in you I know people can be busy but it isn't hard to find the time to send a message. Unless something major happened in her life there isnt an excuse for not messaging for a month and you deserve better than that. My advice is to find someone who actually wants to be with you enough to make some effort.

Reactions: Dan

Dan

Girlfriend issues. Well I mean we're not together yet, but a few months ago she said she wanted to date me. I really like her. But she had to move back in with her parents two months ago. She recently got another apartment, but then just dropped off for awhile. So earlier today I messaged her and was like, I'm trying to be patient with you, but it's been over a month and I have heard nothing from you. I asked her if she even still wanted to date me. And then I was like just please say something to me. 2 hours ago she responded. "What's up?" What's up! What the hell?

Exactly what Deus said. You may like this girl but they're plenty of other girls you can like too. You have to remember women are more emotional than men and think differently, what she's doing really isn't as uncommon as you think, women can flip scripts all of a sudden based on how they're feeling.

I know you wanna bang but don't loose respect for yourself in the process. Like Deus said, unless something major happened then move onto the next girl that will hold respect for you.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
She doesn't sound that interested in you I know people can be busy but it isn't hard to find the time to send a message. Unless something major happened in her life there isnt an excuse for not messaging for a month and you deserve better than that. My advice is to find someone who actually wants to be with you enough to make some effort.

Exactly what Deus said. You may like this girl but they're plenty of other girls you can like too. You have to remember women are more emotional than men and think differently, what she's doing really isn't as uncommon as you think, women can flip scripts all of a sudden based on how they're feeling.

I know you wanna bang but don't loose respect for yourself in the process. Like Deus said, unless something major happened then move onto the next girl that will hold respect for you.
Thanks for the advice. Here's the thing though, I'm friends with just about all of her friends, and I know for a fact that they haven't even been able to get ahold of her either. So her response to me is like the first response to anyone she knows, and I want to think that counts for something. Of all the people she knows, for me she finally said something, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear. At the very least I'll give her some more time.

I just needed other opinions, am I being too optimistic?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

I'm not sure women are necessarily more emotional than men, rather men do not tend to display them as much and deal with their feelings in a different way.

Thanks for the advice. Here's the thing though, I'm friends with just about all of her friends, and I know for a fact that they haven't even been able to get ahold of her either. So her response to me is like the first response to anyone she knows, and I want to think that counts for something. Of all the people she knows, for me she finally said something, but it wasn't exactly what I wanted to hear. At the very least I'll give her some more time.

I just needed other opinions, am I being too optimistic?

Hmmmm perrhaps there was something going on with her if even her friends could not get in touch, but try not to get your hopes up too high and I wouldn't reccomend you wait around specifically for her seeing as she hasn't asked you to.

Dan

I'm not sure women are necessarily more emotional than men, rather men do not tend to display them as much and deal with their feelings in a different way.

There's a lot to be discussed surrounding the subject but I will agree that men tend not to display them and there's plenty of good reasons why, more so for the ways they do deal with them.

Reactions: Dio

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
When the DnD game gets cancelled after you spent all weekend prepping

unknown.png

Don't despair, hun. Sometimes, the female kind can be complicated and mysterious, but always there is a reason for all things. Sometimes we have to remember that in life all things require their time and sometimes distance, even though we may not realize it at the time.There will be a time, and you will understand, but in the meanwhile try to follow the river of life and soon you'll find that all things are moving with you. But always remember, as tempting as it may be to conceptualize and objectify your life and the ones you love, this path never leads to good things. We musn't cling to the things that we must accept as out of our hands, lest we let that which we can't control ruin us. Things will work out in the end. :)

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
How much goes into prepping a game for a weekend?
Designing and naming a capital city, finding a way to integrate a player who missed last session, conferring with another player who's hometown is this city so they can find something to do with the Warforged NPC they found in an abandoned workshop, designing an entire festival, including carnival games, a play, and a fighting tournament.

THe tournament alone required MAKING five characters so I could pre-roll their combat rounds and have them ready to duel the party for the grand prize if they choose not to split it. I also had to find and properly balance EIGHT different "encounters" for each gladitorial round. Did you know 10d8 AOE damage is considered CR six? I didn't, and that is unbalanced as all get-out.

Then because they plan to take a ship down to the southern archipelago, I have to come up with a ship and captain that might be engaging enough.

Plus one of my players wants to be an amnesiac so I have to somehow come up with *his* backstory as well.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Designing and naming a capital city, finding a way to integrate a player who missed last session, conferring with another player who's hometown is this city so they can find something to do with the Warforged NPC they found in an abandoned workshop, designing an entire festival, including carnival games, a play, and a fighting tournament.

THe tournament alone required MAKING five characters so I could pre-roll their combat rounds and have them ready to duel the party for the grand prize if they choose not to split it. I also had to find and properly balance EIGHT different "encounters" for each gladitorial round. Did you know 10d8 AOE damage is considered CR six? I didn't, and that is unbalanced as all get-out.

Then because they plan to take a ship down to the southern archipelago, I have to come up with a ship and captain that might be engaging enough.

Plus one of my players wants to be an amnesiac so I have to somehow come up with *his* backstory as well.
I feel your pain

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom