• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

^
This phrasing is funny to me. What does “pre-botw” mean??? Does it mean he hasn’t played it yet or does it mean he hates it so much that he thinks Zelda was better before it???
Exactly what Satan said.
He has got BotW, but he hasn’t long started it.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
ever since i was a kid, my sister always teased me for being physically weak. it was just her name calling at first, but it turned into exclusions when my dad needed help with things, he'd always go to my sister because i had a reputation as a weakling. im still alienated by this two decades later and its so ****ing humiliating because im not weak anymore! why why does this

my family doesnt take me seriously im useless

You're not useless just because you aren't being used. Your worth is not determined by whether your family use you to perform heavier manual tasks. And it doesn't really matter what they think.

Unless you get the lynel look or display a feat of immense strength you're provably gonna have trouble convincing people to go to you for your strength who previously thought you weak. But why do you want that so bad anyway?

when you're nine years old and only weighed 40 pounds because you had no ****ing appetite is it really surprising that you lacked the stamina to do much at all? but why am i still being held to those standards now? my sister and dad do tasks requiring labor without me because they still think im just deadweight and its really dehumanizing. even when my sister isnt around like when i helped my dad move my grandmas stuff to her nursing home, he only let me move certain things because he doubts me. all im good for is watching other peopel work

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
when you're nine years old and only weighed 40 pounds because you had no ****ing appetite is it really surprising that you lacked the stamina to do much at all? but why am i still being held to those standards now? my sister and dad do tasks requiring labor without me because they still think im just deadweight and its really dehumanizing. even when my sister isnt around like when i helped my dad move my grandmas stuff to her nursing home, he only let me move certain things because he doubts me. all im good for is watching other peopel work

It's hard to get rid of that idea of someone when they have always been a certain way. If you met new people they wouldn't hold that opinion of you.

Have you spoken to your dad and sister about this?

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Today at my aunt's place, I got to watch my 5 year old cousin. I had my Switch with me and he has too much energy so he was running around being a kid, so I got him to chill out by inviting him over to play my Switch together with me. We played Fire Emblem Warriors first, the first three story chapters. His first pick was to play as Ryoma, then he wanted to be Takumi, and finally Lissa. Then we played Super Mario Odyssey together for a while. All he did was run around the Mushroom Kingdom and New Donk City, but he had a blast. Then I let him play Sonic Mania for a while. He didn't seem to grasp being able to run AND jump at the same time. Kids are fun, man.

D

Deleted member 14134

According to WebMD, I'm being poisoned. So if you don't hear from me again, my enemies won.
latest

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
University here is much more work than I expected, so many more exams and much more homework than I’m used to back in Australia. Also instead of 3 or 4 classes being full time in Australia, it is 7 classes at my uni here. Gotta just keep pushing through.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
I have legit been unable to eat an actual meal and not throw up for the past week. I'm not even nauseous or feeling sick like that. Just a really bad cough.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I just had the weirdest match that leveled me up to S+ in Splat Zones. It started and the beginning intro started to go slow, so I figured there were going to be disconnects. But instead of panning over the stage, the screen went white and when it came back, I was the only person left on my team. And there was only one person left on the other team as well. I thought I was still going to disconnect since usually it's just a matter of time when that happens. I couldn't even shoot the ink rails. But after a few seconds, the match start acting like normal and I held the zone on my own against the other guy pretty easily for a KO.

I don't know what I'm more surprised about - that match or the fact that I ranked up to S+ in Splat Zones, which is my worst ranked mode.

I’ve got my English final tomorrow, I really hope I don’t oversleep again.

Edit: apparently it’s next week.

Last edited:

Ninja

Well well well
Over the last few months, I've really been at the end of my rope with my job. The stress is extremely high, and the hours were absolutely ridiculous, and the company really couldn't give more of a **** about me, or the hard work we have put in. A couple weeks ago, they transferred my General Manager on a one day notice to a ****hole of a store without notice, and then let him go a couple days later. The work environment was so toxic that I put in a two week notice. The new GM talked with me about it, and we were able to come to an agreement for me to stay on the condition that they hire more managers to help. (We were only 3 managers, running two full time properties).

A couple of weeks go by, and the new schedule was posted. Lo and behold, my name is not on the schedule, and the new manager they were hiring was to be my replacement. My GM and the Divisional VP did not talk to me about this at all. My whole 12 hour shift, they kept avoiding me, and never gave me any answers. I only found out it was my last day when the schedule was posted, and through a Chef on duty. It turns out that since I never put in writing that I was agreeing to stay (was never mentioned to me), that they decided to just take my resignation.

It took everything in me to not just say **** it and walk out of my shift, however, in order to be paid out the rest of my vacation time, I needed to complete my last shift, and I'll be damned that they take any money from me.

Luckily, I am very well versed at budgeting and using my money wisely, and I have about 2 years worth of bills in a savings account just for situations like this. I got some great news today that a prospective employer that I have been interviewing with, has offered me a job, with much better benefits and a salary that is a little higher than what I was making before. I'll have 10 other managers on site so we will always have support, and the store has bonused almost every month for the year.

I feel so relieved and happy that I'm not at a ****ty company anymore, and that the future definitely looks brighter. I can finally enjoy some downtime with my family until my background and drug test is done. Score!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom