• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ZD Mafia Hijackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Right now, my instinct is to say Pendio, but I didn't have time overnight to read through his posts, so I'm going to have to do so during the day period. Shouldn't take nearly as long as I took yesterday though.
I think your choice seems obvious, may I ask why me in particular?

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
Right now, my instinct is to say Pendio, but I didn't have time overnight to read through his posts, so I'm going to have to do so during the day period. Shouldn't take nearly as long as I took yesterday though.
I think your choice seems obvious, may I ask why me in particular?

I eagerly wait your more detailed explanation.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
If I had to guess I'd say that if there was a live doctor they protected Fused or Libk, or if there's a live vigilante they hit someone bulletproof. I say Fused because I think Yiga tried to pick someone who was scum to by lynched instead but Fused wasn't scum. (i'm open to other interpretations though. i have no idea what happened there)

I think it's highly likely that mafia targeted Libk last night and he was protected.

I'm interested in seeing what fused has to say about his vote on Deku though. I don't necessarily disagree with it, since I'm a bit wary of Deku too. But this time seems different than his vote on Yiga the previous day. His long post analyzing Storm's posts said that it was a fair assumption that there was scum among myself, Deku, LG, Pancake, and Heroine. And that it's safe to assume he might've included a scumbud in his reads of Yiga and Pendio. Since we know Yiga was town now, I'm surprised to see him go after Deku instead of Pendio. Especially when Deku was in a much larger pool of suspects.

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Hello everyone. I'm alive. I want to write a bigger post but I'll have to do it tomorrow because it's 2 AM and I feel like I'm dying.

I do want to address one thing though:
If I had to guess I'd say that if there was a live doctor they protected Fused or Libk, or if there's a live vigilante they hit someone bulletproof. I say Fused because I think Yiga tried to pick someone who was scum to by lynched instead but Fused wasn't scum. (i'm open to other interpretations though. i have no idea what happened there)

This is based on pure guess though. I didn't do any of it so I don't know anything for certain.
I'm a bit confused here. You're saying you think vig targeted Fused becausd Yiga thought he was scum? But because he's not scum he didn't die? That seems to be making a lot of assumptions. Or that Fused was Town and targeted by the mafia, in which case how does the doctor and Yiga fit into that? You seem to be suddenly reading Fused as very Town, which I didn't think you had in the previous days. Am I missing something?

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Well, I finished my read-through of Pen. You can read more specific thoughts below, but all in all, I didn't actually find his posts super scummy. All I really have to go on with him is that Storm mentioned him as possible scum, and it would only make sense to put at least one co-scum in there to divert suspicion. But maybe not I guess? I'll need to look elsewhere.

Hi Storm.

I rather doubt it. But who knows. Perhaps it is. All I know is that Storm sometimes has a tendency of not taking Mafia games very seriously.

Anyway, Storm, do you have anything noteworthy to add regarding the matter at hand?
His first major interaction with Storm. Once again, Storm waved at him, it seems weird. A little bit of defending of Storm, but not something I wouldn't do myself.

This is not a good idea as far as I can see. Anyone who does manage to successfully guess their role should not share that news with the rest of the game. If the Mafia knows you've unlocked your role it only turns you into a living target. Assuming you're Town, Yiga, I fear the Mafia may kill you tonight seeing as you - being one of likely pretty few unlocked Town roles - pose a threat to them.
This is a pretty townie action. Even with Yig being town, that wasn't a smart direction to go, and Pen was against that.

@Libk why you voting yourself?

Vote: Libk
Calling out inactivity is a WIFOM thing. On Day One, with all the activity surrounding Moe, Libk's inactivity didn't affect much, so I'm reading this as null.

Yes please. Better readings would indeed be appreciated since your suspicions and statements in this post are undeniably unfounded.
More talking to Storm. Almost feels like he's coaching Storm a little, which actually may be townie, since scum could just as easily talk in scumchat.

I'm sorry but even though this has been a fairly active day 1, I can't take a reads list made this early very seriously. No one has anything other than player interaction to go on, with no help from revealed roles to base it on. If you actually are Town, what reason do I have to trust any of your reads from day 1? Especially since most of them have no explanation to them whatsoever. Besides, you and I have been interacting during this game, and I haven't been inactive, so the fact that you don't even seem to remember me is a pretty bad sign imo. I wonder just how much of this thread you actually bother to read...

My exact feeling when I was reading through this part of the thread.

Unvote

Vote: Moe the Moblin

I have not been making post to purely express agreement particularly much this game. I don't know where you got that from. In fact, I was the first one to express how bad an idea it was to share whether or not you've unlocked your role's ability, and I was also the first one who brought up how unnecessary the Jester talk was. Additionally I have also - throughout the game - been expressing my issues with Moe's vagueness and his seeming unwillingness to improve by sharing his thoughts in greater detail. I have done so entirely on my own accord. So I don't exactly see where you're pulling these accusation from.

Given I admittedly don't remember too much of Chaos Mafia III, I dare say (given my experience with Mafia) that I play virtually the same exact way no matter what my alignment may be, so if my play is similar to how it once was when I was scum, it doesn't mean anything.

I for one have no issue with lynching a player for being unhelpful. We've done it before and I think it's a perfectly sound reason for a lynch. After all, if you cannot cooperate with the person it's only going to make the game more difficult than it needs to be.

I'm afraid I cannot agree with this either. Most of his reads state only a general alignment with no explanation or reasoning tied to it. And if that wasn't enough he somehow found it easier to remember and to give reads on several players who have been less active than me, even though he and I had interacted directly with one another. It's day 1, and because of that of course his reads list is weak. I don't put any real stock in it.

In Ryu's defence, while I don't agree with his accusations on me, I didn't find his post particularly suspicious. What Ryu did is not alignment indicative whatsoever as far as I can tell. He's just doing what he can to scum hunt but given it's only day 1 it's pretty hard to do, so I can understand why he grasps at straws.

I don't think anyone here hates you, Moe. You're just pretty difficult to play with, which naturally makes things harder.
I didn't quote a lot of his early posts because they were based around Moe, who was more a policy lynch than anything. And that's 100% how he treated it in this post. This post is juts kind of an example of how 75% of his D1 was NAI.

It doesn't matter how many ways you call him that nor how many times you you say it. If you're unable to convince the rest of us, that's it. Your reasons for suspecting Ryu are weak; almost nonexistent even. So you have no right to expect anyone else to blindly follow your lead.

I wouldn't be so sure. It's certainly a possibility, but I wouldn't bet on there definitely being scum on the Moe wagon. I've seen plenty of games where the day 1 lynch wagon consisted only of Townies.
This I find interesting. He was the first person to talk about there maybe not being scum on the Moe wagon. If he turns out to be mafia, I say we look into that wagon for the third member.

I think he meant that he intends to reread Storm's posts in hopes of finding something useful.

Which I just now attempted actually. I didn't find much, but based on the manner of Storm's interactions with Fused and Deku I'm inclined to believe they are Town. For now anyway. Storm's interactions with Gummy, however, gave me a bad vibe. Most notably was Gummy's reaction to Storm's reads list. She started by saying what I think most of us thought; that the reads list was pretty weak and inaccurate for the most part. But she also commended him for his efforts in writing it, which I spontaneously now view as a possible attempt to divert attention away from Storm and make him look less scummy.
His breakdown of Storm's posts. I do find it interesting that he wanted to look into Gummy a little after this. It wasn't much, but he does bring up a good point about her.
@Pendio have your thoughts changed about Gummy at all since your breakdown of Storm's posts?

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
I feel like I'm dying
god same
I'm a bit confused here. You're saying you think vig targeted Fused becausd Yiga thought he was scum? But because he's not scum he didn't die? That seems to be making a lot of assumptions. Or that Fused was Town and targeted by the mafia, in which case how does the doctor and Yiga fit into that? You seem to be suddenly reading Fused as very Town, which I didn't think you had in the previous days. Am I missing something?
No, I don't think the vig targeted Fused. It looked to me like Yiga was claiming some kind of vengeful ability? based on his posts saying "if i'm wrong i'm dead" and "I chose someone who people thought was scummy" so I think that he chose to try and lynch Fused instead of himself because if Fused were scum, Fused would have died instead. So to me, if I were a doctor I would have protected Fused, or Libk since he's still confirmed town. if this theory seems too far fetched lmk

The doctor saving someone and the vigilante thing are completely different scenarios I put forth, trying to answer the question of why there were no kills despite an attempt. i really don't want to go back and quote but, according to the night scene a bullet "phased through" someone or whatever which indicates either doctor saving their target or vigilante shooting someone who is bulletproof. Personally due to the wording I'm leaning towards vigilante hitting bulletproof.

So the most likely scenario is that someone here either found scum or found town during the night.

Then again I am also assuming that these roles are active. who knows whether they are or aren't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I do find it interesting that he wanted to look into Gummy a little after this. It wasn't much, but he does bring up a good point about her.
I have already addressed Pendio's point against me. Do you still think I'm scummy/suspicious because of that? Or just finding it noteworthy

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
god same

No, I don't think the vig targeted Fused. It looked to me like Yiga was claiming some kind of vengeful ability? based on his posts saying "if i'm wrong i'm dead" and "I chose someone who people thought was scummy" so I think that he chose to try and lynch Fused instead of himself because if Fused were scum, Fused would have died instead. So to me, if I were a doctor I would have protected Fused, or Libk since he's still confirmed town. if this theory seems too far fetched lmk

The doctor saving someone and the vigilante thing are completely different scenarios I put forth, trying to answer the question of why there were no kills despite an attempt. i really don't want to go back and quote but, according to the night scene a bullet "phased through" someone or whatever which indicates either doctor saving their target or vigilante shooting someone who is bulletproof. Personally due to the wording I'm leaning towards vigilante hitting bulletproof.

So the most likely scenario is that someone here either found scum or found town during the night.

Then again I am also assuming that these roles are active. who knows whether they are or aren't ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I have already addressed Pendio's point against me. Do you still think I'm scummy/suspicious because of that? Or just finding it noteworthy
Mostly just noteworthy. You're one of the people I need to read
... unfortunately. You have 70 posts girl. That's a helluva lots posts

Pen

The game is on!
@Pendio have your thoughts changed about Gummy at all since your breakdown of Storm's posts?

Not particularly. My thoughts regarding her have remained the same. Though I did express when I layed forth my thoughts on her that they were more so observations than actual suspicions. Just something that makes me keep an extra close eye on her.

I have been reading through the thread again, and I've found myself becoming more suspicious of Heroine of Time for various reasons. She has made the least amount of posts, which in itself isn't really suspicious since I know it's been part of how she plays ever since the old days. But what's different here is that the few posts that she does make haven't been very long to compensate for the fact that there are fewer of them. IIRC she's usually been making some pretty lengthy posts to catch up on everything that's happened since she last posted, but here her posts are roughly as long as anyone else's, but they're still few. Additionally her posts haven't really contained that much substance IMO. From what I was able to find she posted a lot of pretty obvious things like agreements and repeated statements from other members. With her vote for Moe she was seemingly the only one who voted with reasons being that she suspected him, however. But even that was a pretty late vote and the reasons she gave for suspecting him weren't overly convincing. She even admitted to not fully believing he was scum, but she still voted saying that she voted because she suspected him, and not because his play style rubbed her the wrong way. IDK, to me that seems a bit odd. And something else she's been doing is expressing some very positive or trusting statements towards other players and in response to accusations on other players. Seems to me like she's been trying to win the trust of certain players by doing this. I suppose I haven't seen her playing as toughly as I remember seeing her, and I can't help but view that as scummy since she's been Town in most of the games I've seen her play in the past.

Vote: Heroine of Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom