• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ZD Mafia Hijackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pen

The game is on!
1. DekuNut- town lean
2. LittleGumball- null, I was scum reading them earlier but since then they haven't really done anything scummy
3. Doc- was present and sounding good for a while, town I think
4. Minish_Link- town
5. Pendio- who? Don't remember seeing their name. Null, obviously
6. Storm- town
7. Ryuken- heavy scum
8. Moe the Moblin- town
9. PancakeSamurai- town
10. YIGAhim- town
11. fused_shadows- mild scum
12. Heroine of Time- null on scum side
13. Libk- slight scum

I'm sorry but even though this has been a fairly active day 1, I can't take a reads list made this early very seriously. No one has anything other than player interaction to go on, with no help from revealed roles to base it on. If you actually are Town, what reason do I have to trust any of your reads from day 1? Especially since most of them have no explanation to them whatsoever. Besides, you and I have been interacting during this game, and I haven't been inactive, so the fact that you don't even seem to remember me is a pretty bad sign imo. I wonder just how much of this thread you actually bother to read...

Vote: Moe

You are too difficult to play with.

My exact feeling when I was reading through this part of the thread.

Unvote

Vote: Moe the Moblin

I'm still not going to vote, but if I was asked the "if you had a gun to your head" question, I'd put a vote on Pendio. His posts have this vibe of "oh yeah, I agree with that or "yeah, that's definitely suspicious," just replying to posts and making statements or thoughts that'd be obvious to everyone. It's similar to his D1 posts in Chaos Mafia III, and he was scum in that game.

I have not been making post to purely express agreement particularly much this game. I don't know where you got that from. In fact, I was the first one to express how bad an idea it was to share whether or not you've unlocked your role's ability, and I was also the first one who brought up how unnecessary the Jester talk was. Additionally I have also - throughout the game - been expressing my issues with Moe's vagueness and his seeming unwillingness to improve by sharing his thoughts in greater detail. I have done so entirely on my own accord. So I don't exactly see where you're pulling these accusation from.

Given I admittedly don't remember too much of Chaos Mafia III, I dare say (given my experience with Mafia) that I play virtually the same exact way no matter what my alignment may be, so if my play is similar to how it once was when I was scum, it doesn't mean anything.

He has been one of the more active players, and while his posts haven't always been particularly helpful, I don't really like the idea of lynching him because of that.

I for one have no issue with lynching a player for being unhelpful. We've done it before and I think it's a perfectly sound reason for a lynch. After all, if you cannot cooperate with the person it's only going to make the game more difficult than it needs to be.

He also just posted his reads on every player in the game, which reads Town for me.

I'm afraid I cannot agree with this either. Most of his reads state only a general alignment with no explanation or reasoning tied to it. And if that wasn't enough he somehow found it easier to remember and to give reads on several players who have been less active than me, even though he and I had interacted directly with one another. It's day 1, and because of that of course his reads list is weak. I don't put any real stock in it.

your post rang alarm bells. You picked out a relatively inactive player that nobody's got a read on and compared their style to a previously existing game where they were scum. I've ONLY ever seen wolves do that. Yes people link games all the time to get a meta read, but it's never what the case is built on unless you're a wolf. I'd be more accepting of it if you weren't already scummy for your strange interaction with gumball and this is the straw that broke the camel's back, as it were. I'm already voting for you but just to make a point

In Ryu's defence, while I don't agree with his accusations on me, I didn't find his post particularly suspicious. What Ryu did is not alignment indicative whatsoever as far as I can tell. He's just doing what he can to scum hunt but given it's only day 1 it's pretty hard to do, so I can understand why he grasps at straws.

now everyone just hates me, so I survive longer

I don't think anyone here hates you, Moe. You're just pretty difficult to play with, which naturally makes things harder.

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
I don't think I can support a lynch for any of the candidates up on the block.

I agree with what others have said about Moe. I think his playstyle is just wildly different from most games on ZD, much like Ryu was at the beginning. I don't think I've agreed with a single thing he has said and think he makes pretty "out there" claims. But I don't think that he is necessarily scum because of this. Town withholding and teasing their thoughts, while annoying, is not something unheard of. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of how readily he gives people town credit. IMO, thats a scum tactic to gain trust. But he did the same thing last game, so I'm just going to assume thats his meta.
I'm going to touch on this for a minute- I town read people because they're doing towny things. As soon as they stop doing towny things they lose a town read. I'm aggressively hunting town to form a PoE, not trying to gain trust. Easiest way to win at TWG is find townies and lynch the remainder, 100%.
I'm sorry but even though this has been a fairly active day 1, I can't take a reads list made this early very seriously. No one has anything other than player interaction to go on, with no help from revealed roles to base it on. If you actually are Town, what reason do I have to trust any of your reads from day 1? Especially since most of them have no explanation to them whatsoever. Besides, you and I have been interacting during this game, and I haven't been inactive, so the fact that you don't even seem to remember me is a pretty bad sign imo. I wonder just how much of this thread you actually bother to read...

My exact feeling when I was reading through this part of the thread.

Vote: Moe the Moblin

I have not been making post to purely express agreement particularly much this game. I don't know where you got that from. In fact, I was the first one to express how bad an idea it was to share whether or not you've unlocked your role's ability, and I was also the first one who brought up how unnecessary the Jester talk was. Additionally I have also - throughout the game - been expressing my issues with Moe's vagueness and his seeming unwillingness to improve by sharing his thoughts in greater detail. I have done so entirely on my own accord. So I don't exactly see where you're pulling these accusation from.

Given I admittedly don't remember too much of Chaos Mafia III, I dare say (given my experience with Mafia) that I play virtually the same exact way no matter what my alignment may be, so if my play is similar to how it once was when I was scum, it doesn't mean anything.

I for one have no issue with lynching a player for being unhelpful. We've done it before and I think it's a perfectly sound reason for a lynch. After all, if you cannot cooperate with the person it's only going to make the game more difficult than it needs to be.

I'm afraid I cannot agree with this either. Most of his reads state only a general alignment with no explanation or reasoning tied to it. And if that wasn't enough he somehow found it easier to remember and to give reads on several players who have been less active than me, even though he and I had interacted directly with one another. It's day 1, and because of that of course his reads list is weak. I don't put any real stock in it.

In Ryu's defence, while I don't agree with his accusations on me, I didn't find his post particularly suspicious. What Ryu did is not alignment indicative whatsoever as far as I can tell. He's just doing what he can to scum hunt but given it's only day 1 it's pretty hard to do, so I can understand why he grasps at straws.

I don't think anyone here hates you, Moe. You're just pretty difficult to play with, which naturally makes things harder.
Thanks for posting, see above on day 1 reads. I was null on you because I only remembered your avatar, not your name lol. So the answer to "how much of the thread you've actually read" is all of it minus the names of people posting.

the fifth vote on me is worrisome for sure. If yall are dead set on lynching me for being "unhelpful" (which A) isn't true and :cool: seems like something scum does to earn a free mislynch [I don't have a source for this, it's conjecture]), please lynch ryu tomorrow, I'm fairly confident that he's scum.

Ryu is grasping at straws with you because he perceived you as a potential mislynch and can't really find anything scummy in other people. Doing so would destroy his own narrative of "everyone who's posting seems pretty towny" and as scum that's hard to do because you think it will make you suspicious. Once again, my null read on you is because I didn't know who "Pendio" was, not because I hadn't read your posts. You're hitting the nail on the head about why ryu's push onto you is scummy but you're not calling it scummy.

Nobody here "hates" me, yeah, but people are itching to get me out of here even though I'm not even remotely likely to be a wolf. "Stop playing so anti-town if you don't want to get lynched" no I'm scumhunting, which is very pro-town, and if you lynch me you sure as heck better look at my reads

Reactions: Pen

Mikey the Moblin

I'm going out to lunch with my sister for a bit then I'm gonna be at the card shop most of the night, it's possible I'll miss EOD
given so many of you really don't want to play with me I guess I'll be dying sooner rather than later but I'd much prefer it be to a vigshot rather than a lynch

ryu is scum

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth

I don't disagree with this thinking, what I'm scared of is the possibility that Moe holds a really important Townie role, like Vig, Cop, Doc, etc., and we lose that role because we were too frustrated to play with them. But, again, your vote is your own, and I'm not trying to tell you guys how to use it but I hope you guys make a decision that gives us the best chance to win the game and not what makes the game more fun.

Well, yeah, of course his actual reads mean nothing to me, I didn't even read that in that great a detail. It's a Town read for me because if he is lynched and he flips scum then we'll have a decent amount of information to work with, even if it involves a bit of WIFOM, whereas his reads are basically useless for us if he's Town, so the only way I can see someone doing that when they are about to be lynched is if they're Town. I hope this makes sense to you guys, if not I'll try to explain, just ask.

Oh, and sorry about the second "pee" comment. Literally couldn't stop myself. ;)

Reactions: Pen

Mikey the Moblin

I don't disagree with this thinking, what I'm scared of is the possibility that Moe holds a really important Townie role, like Vig, Cop, Doc, etc., and we lose that role because we were too frustrated to play with them. But, again, your vote is your own, and I'm not trying to tell you guys how to use it but I hope you guys make a decision that gives us the best chance to win the game and not what makes the game more fun.
I'm vanilla and won't bother trying to guess my role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom