• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ZD Mafia Hijackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
*Waves at Deku*
you know it baby. but damn am I assured that Fused or Doc might be scum

Pen

The game is on!
due to my constant ISO of new people, the whole of this day I have been watching Fused, and I find his actions the most scummy, with lonk and Pen being a close second, but Deku seems too uncertain for me, as do a few of you. If I was to decide on a Bona-Fide town I would say Minish. Give me a little more time, and I will give you better readings

Yes please. Better readings would indeed be appreciated since your suspicions and statements in this post are undeniably unfounded.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
I've been really busy today, but I don't really have much to say or add here since everyone else has voiced my current thoughts (whoop whoop for Storm posting a reads list, for example). I want to hear more from @Libk , @fused_shadows , @Minish_Link , @Doc , and @Heroine of Time since they fall under the realm of players who haven't posted much.

Storm

so they are deniably founded? thank you for agreeing with me. but without further ado

Evidence of Fused Shadows' Scummy af Behaviour

I was waiting for this. random.org never changes it seems. :/
He references random.org, a website used for randomizing numbers. I personally use the music on shuffle method and let the die lay where they lay

If you wouldn't mind, could you also list all the players who have not voted? Would be much appreciated.
He asks for a list of those who had abstained. odd. perhaps he was seeing who to NK...

If you wanted to summarize my entire history of mafia this sentence does it perfectly. For those who don't know me keep this in mind ;)

Lady gumball in the 3 hour grace period of RNC said she was Fused the hated townie who was 100% right but never listened to... odd choice of words, sounds sort of scripted...

Merci.

Donkey

Honestly I don't know the names of half the people in this game, lmfao. Although I'm 100% sure LittleGumball is scum. Like, what kind of a name is LittleGumball? Julio would be much better, imo.

Vote: LittleGumball

Also I forgot how to forum so this sentence is also bold because idk how to take it off. Yay for me!
[ / b ]

Ignorance is no excuse, Fused. you don't have to know all the names. you only really need to know the characteristics, if they're obvious, then bada boom.

Oh how I've missed sassy Julio. The best part of any mafia game, imo.

Hell yeah it was. But jokes on you, I'm gonna use my secret triple vote on you. Got 'em.
he threatens Gumball with a triple vote, the scummiest of all behaviours

I'm with Moe on this one. Pretty sure I got an aneurysm attempting to read this.

Nayru where it's at, where my blue bois? dammit Deku

Guys I just realized my profile picture is of a mule. Literally the most beautiful creature on the planet. Can we please take a quick moment out of this mafia game to acknowledge this. Thank you.
The Zebra mule is a better animal.

I'm not that old ;-;
dude, we're all that old. we've been at this for almost 7 damn years, get used to it.

Ummm so guys just wondering have games on the forum recently included some sort of third faction, like cult or jester? And do you guys think the mod would include such in their game? I obviously don't know them so I'm hoping to gather this information from ya'll.
I like this post
and let me answer for you
for the most part no. most games have been two party except for Chaos Mafia, which has had third parties in the way of THE BUCK, a role I Made up to basically Musical Chairs and Old Maid the Roles

I'm too lazy to quote but essentially I asked my third party question because I ****ing hate third parties. Especially cults. They just annoy me, nothing more :)
Unvote

I doubt there would be a cult, but if there was, I know a few names that would be it's leader.

Personally, I also dislike Day 1 lynches in most circumstances. I have more of a personal reason here, as I think the worst thing that can happen to someone in mafia is getting lynched Day 1 based on nothing. It's kinda like you didn't even get to play. Happened to me plenty of times back in the day and I always hated it. Then again, if someone can make a compelling argument against another player than I wouldn't hesitate to lynch them.

Would you mind naming the players who you think would be scum amongst the players in the list? I ask this because I'm trying to figure out the game's setup and if you think that there is a group of 3 amongst the players that would make a logical scum group, then it's probable we're looking at a 3-player scum group, or if there's someone who makes sense as a SK there could be a SK, etc.
day 1 lynches are a necessity. this is a scummy post. a No Lynch on Day One is like [Censored]

Go ahead, the littlest of gumballs. Lynch me; I dare you. ;)
#FusedforD1lynch

This is the scummiest scumtell of all the scumtells, imo.

Vote: Heroine of Time

(sorry, I just had to vote for her at some point, this is not a serious post, please proceed :))
What Did Heroine do to deserve this vote? She isn't giving off any scumtells to me

I honestly forgot how much fun RVS joking around is, and wanted to keep it going a little longer but I guess it's serious time.

First and foremost I'm not too concerned about Moe atm. I remember LG saying something along the lines of "you're probably town so we shouldn't lynch you even though I want to" (sorry I'm way too lazy to find the quote, if someone finds it and I misread it please let me know) and I have to agree with her. He has isolated a few people (Ryu mainly and LG somewhat) but overall he's tried to engage everyone and has done his best to get substance out of people so I'm not concerned with him atm.

I also don't really get the "Ryu is scum" train. Nothing I've seen from them has led me to that conclusion at all.

I find the Jester comment by Libk (it was Libk, right?) a little weird but like LG said Jester is basically a bastard role and is unlikely to be in a game, so I think we can throw away that possibility for now.

Lastly, I again will clarify that I have no plans to lynch anyone on Day 1 unless I am more than 70% convinced they are scum. This is simply because if we assume that the game has 3 mafia members, one third party, and the rest town, a random lynch today gives about 70% of hitting a townie. I would much rather force the mafia to make the first move at night and use that information to lead our D2 lynch, instead of rushing to a conclusion that could be extremely detrimental to us.

To be fair, it's been a solid 3 or 4 years since I've played a game of mafia, so don't let Heroine set your expectations too high :sweating:
I don't feel Ryu is scum, I feel you are scum.

I don't think EBWODP is used anymore but I'll throw in this just in case.

Unvote
we still Use EBWODP.

If you have any straightforward and unambiguous questions for me, I am here

and yes, I did quote every post he has Made so far

Storm

dislike? I know you know I simoetime get emotional during these things, but I am about 66% sure he's Scum

Storm

I have no emotional stake here. it's a game. If I win, I win, If I lose, there's always next time

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
He references random.org, a website used for randomizing numbers. I personally use the music on shuffle method and let the die lay where they lay
it's an old meme.
He asks for a list of those who had abstained. odd. perhaps he was seeing who to NK...
actually it's just convenient. it used to be common practice. if he wanted to see who to nightkill he can just do research. fused isn't lazy about mafia.
Lady gumball in the 3 hour grace period of RNC said she was Fused the hated townie who was 100% right but never listened to... odd choice of words, sounds sort of scripted...
I think this was a quote fail bc it was hidden in one of the quotes. anyway this is another meme. fused was almost always town but people would scumread and then lynch him because he was aggressive, but he was usually right.
What Did Heroine do to deserve this vote? She isn't giving off any scumtells to me
you literally quoted the part where he said the vote was a joke.......

overall your reasons feel weak and/or jokey to me. I do appreciate the effort though, and if you would make a post on any other suspicions I'd love to read them. One more thing, you called out Fused for being suspicious due to wanting a no lynch on day 1. Do you also scumread Ryuken for this?

@Moe the Moblin who's your ideal lynch candidate?

As for me, I'd love to hear from @Libk but I think he said he's super busy? Still, if he doesn't post any reads I'd like to D1 lynch him so mafia doesn't NK him and leave us with nothing.

Storm

I do appreciate the effort though, and if you would make a post on any other suspicions I'd love to read them. One more thing, you called out Fused for being suspicious due to wanting a no lynch on day 1. Do you also scumread Ryuken for this?
For me, The Jury is still out for me on Ryuken

Maybe he is trying to tell us his alignment through his Phoenix Wright Char

he chose Miles Edgeworth this time for referece

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Honestly, Storm, very few of your points hold up. As Gum mentioned, a couple of things you pointed out were referencing meta jokes, while others were obvious jokes. Fused has done more joke posts than normal posts afair, but you didn't mention that. In fact, the only point you actually brought up that may hold some water is the whole day one lynch thing - it's been a while since I've played with Fused, and I need to go reread his thoughts on D1 lynches in those games. If you're going to come out with a big longpost about someone, actually bring points, instead of accusing joke posts of being scummy. If you don't see use in talking about a joke post, then don't talk about it. It makes it seem like you're doing more work than you're actually doing.
Vote: Storm
This may change before the end of the day, but it's about time I start getting serious votes out there

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
For me, The Jury is still out for me on Ryuken

Maybe he is trying to tell us his alignment through his Phoenix Wright Char

he chose Miles Edgeworth this time for referece
edgeworth-pointing(a).gif

I think you're reading too much into my Ace Attorney sprites, regardless if it's a Town or Scum read. My Miles Edgeworth persona has nothing to do with my alignment. I just do it for fun.
I don't use AA sprites very much anymore because as you've probably seen and experienced, it confuses and annoys people more than it helps them understand my posts (and for some, making them unbearable to read, a reaction I honestly did not expect when I first started).

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
don't use bright pink in your posts
if you want to direct attention to something, bold it, and use colors sparingly

if you've got a gigantic post full of formatting and loud colors chances are I won't read most of it and you don't want that
This did nkt sit with me well during my read of day 1. Any player unwilling to read simply because of colors or font in a post is unhelpful. While it may not be the case in this game, I've been in games where players have posting restrictions that require them to use certain colors only
Oh, forgot to unvote last night, whoops.
Unvote

Okay, uh... So far, I'm reading everyone who has posted so far Town. RVS put me in a good mood, and I didn't find anyone's posts especially scummy, so this won't be really in-depth (Still not great at D1 reads, anyhow). Honorable mentions:

Minish_Link- Didn't post during RVS, but they've said they're thinking about other players' habits, though I don't think we should be trying to do that D1. Nevertheless, transparency in one's thought process is a towntell.
Moe the Moblin- Strongly dislikes RVS, that much is clear. They started scumhunting right off the bat, which I thought was weird, but they're probably used to games being a lot more serious than games here on ZeldaDungeon.

Sorry, I'll get to really reading and analyzing the rest of y'all once Day 2 comes around.

In terms of scumhunting, I don't think we should be trying to figure out names or habits yet. I feel that would make reads very messy. I'd also prefer nobody gets lynched today, so I'll probably stay unvoted for the rest of the day unless something really catches my eye as suspicious. I'm saying this because from my perspective, the Mafia veterans are considered "new players," and due to the theme of this game (which I'm about to elaborate on in the reply), it'll take time for someone like me to get a good grasp of their playstyle and process their posts.

I'll dedicate some time during the night phase to read up on previous games to prepare for Day 2 and so forth. Due to the theme of this game, it's gonna be a nightmare for me to do a reads list considering I'll not only have to take playstyles on veteran players into account, but also the habits they may/may not be acting out and whether or not they've successfully guessed their name.
:gno:
I know a lot of people said it, I don't support the idea of a no lynch. I don't think I need to explain why more.

I had written out a post explaining who I thought could be scum aligned. But then I realized that would narrow it down a lot for scum to be able to guess their characters. So I'll refrain from that speculation, and say that there is one person I feel could be third party aligned. However, I could also see them just being mafia. So I think it's more likely we're looking at a 3 mafia team, but it's not impossible that there's a third party in here. If there is a third party role I feel it would more than likely be SK.

I'm curious about who you think would play the role of SK in this game. You also made another post later in the day that implies, to me at least, that you knpw more about the possibility of an sk than you're leading on. It was the post where you stated we might not find out there's an sk unless they guess their role. It seems like you know something so EGMEOY

answering or explaining the questions diminishes the worth of my thoughts, so I can't share them until the opportune moment

I dislike this post as well. Once again refusing to be helpful to town.

Overall I have town leaning reads on Lg, HoT, and Ryuken. While I disagree with Ryuken on the idea of a no lynch I've liked posts there. LG and HoT are playing how I remember them as town but that could change later.

Leaning scum I have Moe and Minish Link

While I appreciate the activity and wjat seems to be willingness to scumhunt early on, I don't like refusal to read posts or answer questions for awful reasons like color/length/or just not wanting to. It may be a situation similar to hiw I feel about Jamie. I don't like Jamie's playstyle either. I coukd be wrong about Moe but this kind of play makes me uncomfortable

As for Minish, my lean there is based on what seems to be hints at knowing if there is an SK or not.

Everyone else is reading null atm, and even though Storm's points don't really hold up, I'm glad it seems he's trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom