• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ZD Mafia Hijackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Like what? Sorry if this was already addressed, but I don't understand how this could help anyone other than the mafia.

I think it's more important for us to lynch someone scummy than to not lynch someone because they might be a jester. As everyone has said, jesters are pretty rare, at least in my experience.

Not at all. I'm a little confused lol.

A bit suspicious of both Yiga and Moe, but it really might just be their way of posting. It seems like they jump to conclusions and make decisions very quickly. The fact that they don't seem to explain a lot of their thoughts until prompted seems scummy to me.
Eh. I think a thoudand thoughts a minute. They say it is why I have horrible handwriting.

currently townreading heroine of time, that's my strongest read. good substance and she's posting like normal. i'm going through other people as well to see if i can get my thoughts on them straight.
quick hesitant thoughts: i'm not scumreading yiga like everyone else is. he reads like he's relatively new to me, or at least new to forum style mafia. is this true?
honestly moe is probably town but i don't like admitting it

@Storm would you mind answering my question? I didn't see a response earlier :)
I play IRL mafia, but I have been doing forum mafia for just less than a year. A few things to know about my style is that it is never predictable, always chamges, somehow always seems sunny, and I actually get thins done every once in a while.

I'll explain my thoughts on Yiga later in this post, but they've been playing Mafia games for a while iirc. I'm town-reading him only because he hasn't done anything out of the ordinary from his playstyle, which tends to look scummy at times.
With Moe, I feel like it'd be very easy to tell if he was doing something AI, but so far, he hasn't. I'll need to read up on him after D1 ends, but it's because of that I'm town-reading him as well.

You're making assumptions about me that aren't true. You may think you're doing something different, but in my eyes, it looks to me like you're making suggestions that seem like they would help Town, but upon closer examination, they do not, similar to my previous games with you. For example, in Inception Mafia, you scumread Rubik and proposed comitting suicide (for context, players had the ability to kill themselves during the day). The scumread on Rubik seemed a bit like tunneling to me because the reasons behind your suspicions were flawed, and the proposition to kill yourself seemed like a way to make yourself appear as Town (obviously, you were in fact Town, but that's besides the point). You're trying to prove you're Town, but the ways you go about it seem scummy. That's why I said what I said about you appearing "scummy."
Eh. Guess I will have to work on that. I aleays go too fsr in the name of myself to make me look innocent.
Unless SK doesn't figure out their role.

I don't think Ryu not wanting a d1 lynch is lying about it not being a character thing. It's just Ryu's normal position (even though he flip flops on that sometimes) and not completely out of the norm for newer players to think. Plus I doubt there would be a character trait that didn't want d1 lynches, because most/all players on the list are always against d1 no-lynches.

Like others have said, this isn't a good idea. It's better to not give mafia that info, because then they'll know who to target to leave town with less usable (for the time being) roles.

Nah, suddenly being weird is grounds for being lynched. It doesn't allow you to get away with being reckless and you can't do whatever you want. That makes you a liability to town, and is more likely to get you lynched than not.

Sure jester may be a possibility, but it's not a likely possibility because they're just never really used here. If you're always thinking about a possible jester then you're going to dismiss potential scummy behavior for fear of them being a Jester. Town shouldn't be afraid to scum hunt.

Just gonna say, I don't think that post makes Doc look townie. I don't think it looks AI at all in the first place, but if I were reading that much into it I wouldn't give it town points.

Meh, this may not be the super typical Yiga but it still is Yiga being Yiga. You've admitted yourself that you like to switch up your play every now and then. And this may be one of those times, but it's still very much like you.

Having said that (I'm going to hate myself for this probably) but this does seem like scummy Yiga to me. I don't know if it's because you're trying to act more like someone else, but this does feel more in line with some of your scum play. I feel like sometimes when you're scum you try to post more of subsistence, but do it in a weird way which is what I'm seeing now.

Yiga's not really new. He's played in a lot of recent games. This is just his playstyle and he always gets scum-read for it. Granted, it is a bit of a step up from his typical playstyle, but he has also played like this every so often.
You've got a scummy scum YIGA, scummy town YIGA, and null YIGA playstyle, each with different versions of thr same stuff.

Ill take that it's a step up and be cool with it. I'll never be a normal player, and I think it's good like that. Has advantages and disadvantages, which I slowly chip away at.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
@
@Libk why you voting yourself?

Vote: Libk
Thos is just about the only thing I have time to respond to on my break. It was RVS response to a vote on me earlier.

Unvote

Tonight after work I have to read like, 15 pages, then I'll write some thoughts down. I have noticed this gane is a bit more serious esrly on which is a nice start. Ty to the people who tahged me for doing so, btw

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
aside from libk, I'd also like to hear more from

Deku- Your posts have been almost entirely game unrelated and the only one that has been related has been expressing dislike of Yiga
Storm- You're in the same boat and if you want to stay alive you'd better post more than one-liners
fused- Everything you've said so far adds up to a strong null. You were the one to bring up third parties, which I consider doing more scummy than towny, and you seem uncomfortable with leaving the RVS so soon (another thing that I consider scummy). You have been posted game related stuff so you're doing okay in that, but nothing you've said so far has made me think "this person is probably a human", and I don't like that.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I disagree on the statement that most of my posts have been unrelated to the game. So far, I've had 15 posts, and only 3 - my RVS vote, my support of Ryu, and my question on shades of green (which never got answered btw) have all been directly relating to the game in some form. Even if they were one liners, like my quick breakdown of third parties being in the game, they were contributing to someone's understanding of the game.
As for Yiga, I'm not prodding him because I don't have much else to prod with. My scumlean isn't too strong, and it's more an IGMEOY than anything else. I've brought up my issues with him, but as of now I don't see much more exploration to be done in those directions. Plus, since it's day one, I usually take the start of the game a little more laid back. If I do see something else to bring up though, trust me, I will.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
somehow always seems sunny
i-in philadelphia...?????

You were the one to bring up third parties, which I consider doing more scummy than towny
I disagree, I want to know how zd mafia culture has changed since i've been gone as well, that's not alignment indicative. Plus it's not like he said "hey guys let's try to sniff out a cult"
It'd be important to know if, say, the past 4 our of 5 games have had a cult or SK in them. That being said I don't think there would be a cult in such a small game but what do i know i'm just a potato

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
i-in philadelphia...?????

I disagree, I want to know how zd mafia culture has changed since i've been gone as well, that's not alignment indicative. Plus it's not like he said "hey guys let's try to sniff out a cult"
It'd be important to know if, say, the past 4 our of 5 games have had a cult or SK in them. That being said I don't think there would be a cult in such a small game but what do i know i'm just a potato
That was an autocorrect of scummy

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Storm- You're in the same boat and if you want to stay alive you'd better post more than one-liners

did somebody say

STORM'S MOTHERFUCKING LIST
-Dekunut
-LittleGumball

-Doc
-Minish
-Pendio
-Ryuken
-MTM
-Keiko

-Yiga
-Fused
-HoT
-Lonk

due to my constant ISO of new people, the whole of this day I have been watching Fused, and I find his actions the most scummy, with lonk and Pen being a close second, but Deku seems too uncertain for me, as do a few of you. If I was to decide on a Bona-Fide town I would say Minish. Give me a little more time, and I will give you better readings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom