• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ZD Mafia Hijackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
i responded to this with a joke but i'm trying to figure out what this means and i can't. pls explain
I'm a bit puzzled as to why you're bringing this up now, but...
edgeworth-strained(a).gif

Sigh...
The point of the analogy was to illustrate the fact that people tend to get too serious when playing Mafia, and it affects how they post and how others respond to/view their posts. Lighting up a bit with some jokes or banter- specifically during RVS- helps the mood and makes the game enjoyable to play, especially when it's time to get serious afterwards.
Of course, this is just me personally speaking. I used to play Mafia games in an IRC client, and they were much more casual and memey than this.

I don't particularly like how Moe and Yiga are posting right now. However, Moe's raw thought process makes me read him as Town, and Yiga hasn't really strayed from his usual "scummy" behavior.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor

Sigh...
The point of the analogy was to illustrate the fact that people tend to get too serious when playing Mafia, and it affects how they post and how others respond to/view their posts. Lighting up a bit with some jokes or banter- specifically during RVS- helps the mood and makes the game enjoyable to play, especially when it's time to get serious afterwards.
Of course, this is just me personally speaking. I used to play Mafia games in an IRC client, and they were much more casual and memey than this.

I don't particularly like how Moe and Yiga are posting right now. However, Moe's raw thought process makes me read him as Town, and Yiga hasn't really strayed from his usual "scummy" behavior.
My guy I am being very analytical right now, something I usually don't do unless I'm feeling like playing (Not terribly often, but I'm depressed right now).

Trying to bring honor to the name of YIGAhim is hard when battling a stereotype that I have only dug myself into. Even when I am playing with deeper attention and focus people don't take note.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
like i said, i reread the thread and it confused me
idk why you quoted me about it though, unless you were agreeing with me. i think that's why i was confused, because i couldn't tell whether or not you were trying to agree with me.

also i see what people mean with ace attorney images. i can't imagine a whole ass game with those. i suppose i should count my blessings in that they're used sparingly it seems
I'm depressed right now
god same

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor

Sigh...

My guy I am being very analytical right now, something I usually don't do unless I'm feeling like playing (Not terribly often, but I'm depressed right now).

Trying to bring honor to the name of YIGAhim is hard when battling a stereotype that I have only dug myself into. Even when I am playing with deeper attention and focus people don't take note.
Oh yeah and scumread on you for using the "Oh it's just YIGA being YIGA" When it isn't and you know it. That's just a scum card to play at "having real reads"

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
would like to hear more from minish eventually since their insight is usually valuable

game-related insight, I can probably do without the snobbiness

I like that yiga has developed a scum read of ryu independent of my own

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
You make a lot of statements, Moe, but you don't elaborate on a lot of them as much as I would have wished. Do you think you could expand a bit more on this statement for example?
well, he made a couple posts that seemed like he was being towny

that was a pretty tentative town lean

but his interaction with me looks more towny given what I usually see
(my reaction to his scum read on me looks super scummy ofc but since i was town reading him in the first place that's greatly diminished)

Pen

The game is on!
well, he made a couple posts that seemed like he was being towny

that was a pretty tentative town lean

but his interaction with me looks more towny given what I usually see
(my reaction to his scum read on me looks super scummy ofc but since i was town reading him in the first place that's greatly diminished)

Okay so you think he's town rn because his posts seemed towny. Thanks! That explains a lot. :)

Seriously though, I have a feeling I'm not the only one here who finds your way of posting to be rather vague at time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom