• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread ZD Mafia Hijackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
this is literally incorrect. i'm one of the top posters in this thread and i'm usually the top two in almost every game i've been in lmao
I only took your non-RVS posts into account, lmao.
I do. I want to know this information so that everyone has a good understanding of how many people have their roles. This way, there are no excuses about them later, with a cover of "I haven't guessed it correctly yet". Almost like a test of faith. I you are willing to give up that info, you are starting off on the right foot. If you confirm that you have not correctly guessed, you may be lying, but those who confirm they guessed correctly are starting off fine.

I have.

You must. You absolutely must. You are injuring the town (Or the mafia. IDK what alignment you are) and yourself by not knowing your role. You cpould be important and missing out on something huge. Don't do that to us, man.
Do we really need to know whether or not we all have guessed correctly at our roles right now? Cause I think the only side that would gain from knowing this D1 information is Mafia. They're sniffing out names and roles, too, you know.

Pen

The game is on!
I do. I want to know this information so that everyone has a good understanding of how many people have their roles. This way, there are no excuses about them later, with a cover of "I haven't guessed it correctly yet". Almost like a test of faith. I you are willing to give up that info, you are starting off on the right foot. If you confirm that you have not correctly guessed, you may be lying, but those who confirm they guessed correctly are starting off fine.

I have.

This is not a good idea as far as I can see. Anyone who does manage to successfully guess their role should not share that news with the rest of the game. If the Mafia knows you've unlocked your role it only turns you into a living target. Assuming you're Town, Yiga, I fear the Mafia may kill you tonight seeing as you - being one of likely pretty few unlocked Town roles - pose a threat to them.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I only took your non-RVS posts into account, lmao.

Do we really need to know whether or not we all have guessed correctly at our roles right now? Cause I think the only side that would gain from knowing this D1 information is Mafia. They're sniffing out names and roles, too, you know.
Yes I do, but as a scumhunter I can deduce things from this stuff

This is not a good idea as far as I can see. Anyone who does manage to successfully guess their role should not share that news with the rest of the game. If the Mafia knows you've unlocked your role it only turns you into a living target. Assuming you're Town, Yiga, I fear the Mafia may kill you tonight seeing as you - being one of likely pretty few unlocked Town roles - pose a threat to them.
I'm already dead. :shrugs:.

There is always a but. I know what it is. With this, I bet I can survive long enough to have done my job to the town and have been a noble sacrifice.

Also, let us remember that there is always a possibility of a Jester on the loose

Pen

The game is on!
Also, let us remember that there is always a possibility of a Jester on the loose

I see players bringing up the Jester role as a potential role in plenty of games, but in all my years of playing, I don't think I've seen more than one or two games that had a Jester. They're a pretty gimmicky type of role, and thus (in my experience) they're actually not used as much as a lot of people seem to think. Personally I never really put much money on Jesters being in the games I play.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I see players bringing up the Jester role as a potential role in plenty of games, but in all my years of playing, I don't think I've seen more than one or two games that had a Jester. They're a pretty gimmicky type of role, and thus (in my experience) they're actually not used as much as a lot of people seem to think. Personally I never really put much money on Jesters being in the games I play.
I would never want to lose to a jester, therefore I always assume there is a jester. There isn't? Eh. There was? Aren't I glad I thought there was.

I can personally think of a character that would fit the type but IDK

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
Some things that are on my mind that I guess I should discuss.

From what I remember about Gumball's meta, she's playing like she normally does. This doesn't mean she's town or scum I just don't personally see anything off about her posting.

Storm's posting seems a little weird to me. I don't think I've ever really played a game with him and I remember seeing someone pointing out that he has never really seen him take mafia games too seriously. Or he's just roleplaying his character, but who pays attention to flavor on zd mafia lololololol. Either way I just personally found it a bit odd.

Also, like Pendio said, unless you want Mafia to target you I think it would be safer to not reveal that we have unlocked our roles. It's just really risky letting the mafia know who is able to use their abilities and who isn't.

And with the jester idea being thrown around, I don't think I have ever seen a jester role in any of the games I've played as far as I remember, so I don't think it should be considered a risk of being a potential role in the game. I do fully understand the risk of there being one but I don't personally like putting too much focus on "what ifs" in mafia games.

Reactions: Pen

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
Some things that are on my mind that I guess I should discuss.

From what I remember about Gumball's meta, she's playing like she normally does. This doesn't mean she's town or scum I just don't personally see anything off about her posting.

Storm's posting seems a little weird to me. I don't think I've ever really played a game with him and I remember seeing someone pointing out that he has never really seen him take mafia games too seriously. Or he's just roleplaying his character, but who pays attention to flavor on zd mafia lololololol. Either way I just personally found it a bit odd.

Also, like Pendio said, unless you want Mafia to target you I think it would be safer to not reveal that we have unlocked our roles. It's just really risky letting the mafia know who is able to use their abilities and who isn't.

And with the jester idea being thrown around, I don't think I have ever seen a jester role in any of the games I've played as far as I remember, so I don't think it should be considered a risk of being a potential role in the game. I do fully understand the risk of there being one but I don't personally like putting too much focus on "what ifs" in mafia games.
I like this post from pancake

also I think yiga is town rn

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Wow, this game moves fast.

I don't have much to say about LittleGumball, because I have yet to see anything scream scum, but I certainly don't feel comfortable leaning her town. From what I remember with LG, she always manages to be super active and post good thoughts even while scum. I never paid too much attention to her meta, so I don't think I'm going to rely on that when it comes to reading her or any of the "all-stars."

As for jester, I think we should wait until after the night before we should be too worried if one even exists. I can't remember seeing a game with a jester on ZD and would be surprised to see one. Regardless, if we have a third party role, then I can't imagine we have very many. If a serial killer is present, then I would bet that thats the only third party. Maybe a survivor as well, but I've only seen that a few times.

I also don't understand how we're already talking about who the entirety of the scum team is. We have nothing at this point to credibly go off of, and I can't imagine that the whole scumteam would have even noticeably interacted with one another this early in the game. Especially when nobody has been close to being lynched.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I'm not loving YIGA rn. Asking for peopke who have roles found out to claim and then distracting the game with a role that has barely ever been used on ZD and probably isn't in this game at all. Nothing more than a lean, but it's worth calling out.
Also
Unvote

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
My guy I have an alibi

Maybe you guys should start being all weird sometime too in other games. It allows you to get away with being reckless. You can do whatever you want...

Jesters are always possibilities. You don't want to be "That guy" who has to start a wagon on the Jester. Where I come from, they're as often as every 3 games.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
well i mean i remember playing a game with Jamie where we were in the same team, and post 2 of the game he says " **** flavor, my team is..." and i have been ticked at him since. i take flavor very seriously, for I am Iron Man ;)

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
ok so i went back through the thread and quoted things i wanted to respond to, i might not remember why i quoted them all but here goes nuttin :^)
Think of it like laughing in class. The teacher/professor tells you not to do it while they're teaching, so logically, you would do it either after or before class starts. Mafia is a very long game, and considering we have a three hour period before discussion really starts getting serious, one would want to get all this energy out beforehand, no?
(:
i responded to this with a joke but i'm trying to figure out what this means and i can't. pls explain
DOn't forget everybody, in a game like this, there could be some very unwanted roles.... Particularly the Jester, so steer clear of anything that's too easy.
like others have been saying, the only time i ever saw a jester was when i used it in my ****ty bastard game. jester is a bastard role in general anyway and this game isn't bastard
doc feels human thus far
doc has made exactly one post. where does this read come from?
I really am wolf reading Ryu and gumball
i think i already asked this but i'm still unclear as to why you think i'm scummy. is it solely because of Ryu or is it something i did? you said you've been scumreading me from my very first post but i'm not seeing why.
people could be acting as their char, or as themselves, or maybe both
can you read the people you've played with before? do they seem to be acting normal?

A quick note on Storm actually, I see the character you're softclaiming and I think that they would be most suited for a scum role. jsin bud

not saying he's definitely 100% confirmed scum but i'm keeping an eye out for him. i find it very hard to read storm so yeah (but maybe his playstyle has changed, i don't know, i read through 2 recent games and he wasn't in them :^) )
well what I was hoping for was a full wolf team, not just a few scum reads. Does yiga complete that team?
how tf is anyone supposed to have a whole ass team 24 hours into the day dude come on

of course doc posts immediately after i construct this whole ass thing i have to read through so many other posts now :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom