• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Mega Man X Legacy Collections 1 & 2 Announced

Ninja

Well well well

Sweet! My day could not get any better. Mega Man X was a huge part of my gaming childhood and I'm so glad to have it back. Even better, they are releasing it not only on PC, PS4, XB1, but the SWITCH as well. I prefer physical copies of games, however this may be my first digital purchase so I can enjoy all eight games on the go.

From article said:
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 will be released on PC and consoles this summer.

The collections feature all eight Mega Man X titles.

As part of Mega Man’s 30th anniversary celebration, Capcom will release all eight Mega Man X games on PC, PlayStation 4, Switch, and Xbox One.

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 contains Mega Man X 1-6, and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 features Mega Man 5-8.

The collections feature a new X Challenge mode which pits players against boss characters from the eight titles. These bosses will team up together against the player.

Both collections feature optional smoothing and CRT filters, or they can be played in original resolution. Players can switch to full screen while preserving the aspect ratio, or switch to widescreen mode.

The 3D models of Mega Man X7 and X8 will feature improved visuals for modern consoles.

Both Mega Man X collections contain a disc for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Nintendo Switch versions will include a cartridge with the first collection and a digital download voucher for the second collection.

Included with both collections is The Day of Sigma, a video originally included with Maverick Hunter X. It explores the origins of series antagonist Sigma and the rise of Mavericks. Viewers will also be privy to the events leading up to Mega Man X.

There’s also a Museum Mode included in the video, which also features vintage Mega Man X trailers.

Both collections also come with the full soundtrack for all four games included in each Mega Man X Collection. Included are new tracks specific to Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2.

Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2 will release on PC, PS4, Switch and Xbox One July 24 digitally for $19.99 each. The retail bundle in North America will run $39.99.

Link to website.

What about you guys? Are you excited to get the chance to replay all these games? If you haven't had the chance to play them, you'll definitely want to consider, especially since the price is right.

This is absolutely fantastic. The X series (well, half of it anyway) is among my favorite in all of gaming. X1, X2, and X4 are fantastic games, and X3 and X8 are pretty great too. X5 and X6 are meh.... the less that is said about X7, the better.

I was getting worried because it was actually getting kind of difficult to play the later entries in the series. X1-X5 are readily available through virtual console/PSN store, but X6-X8 were seemingly lost to history (X6 was included on a PS2-Gamecube collection, but X7 and X8 have never seen a re-release as far as I know beyond their PS2 originals).

Having all 8 of these in one space (probably the Switch for me) is going to be awesome.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I've barely touched the X series, except for one disastrous experience with X1. I do like the main series though, so I'll probably check it out.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
The only X game I've never played is Megaman X7. I've heard and seen how horrible the game is, but I still want to play it because I want to experience those notorious 3D sections for myself.
Now, pardon me but...
From article said:
Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 contains Mega Man X 1-6, and Mega Man X Legacy Collection 2 features Mega Man 5-8.
From article said:
Both collections also come with the full soundtrack for all four games included in each Mega Man X Collection. Included are new tracks specific to Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 and 2.

edgeworth-pointing(a).gif

This part strikes me as odd because in the video, we were shown 1-4 to accompany Collection 1 and 5-8 to accompany Collection 2. It's most likely a typo considering the article also contradicts itself, but it's understandable considering whem MM Legacy Collection 1 was released, it also had only the first 6 MM games. Regardless, I don't really like how the games are split up because when I bought the Megaman X Collection for the Gamecube about a decade ago, that came with 6 games just for one price. On that note, I'm relieved that the collections will be released at the same time and not 2 years apart like the MM Collections.

Last edited:
This is a terrible day if you are a Mega Man fan and do not live within the USA. The classic collection and the X colelction have not been officially announced at all for the UK/Europe and Australia. It seems we "might" get this digitally only or not at all and be forced to import. Importing these sucks more because we will need to get a US Switch account to use the download codes.

the Megaman X Collection for the Gamecube about a decade ago, that came with 6 games just for one price.
That's why I am calling bull**** on the Switch colelctions here. Since you can fit all the games in a single 1.5GB Gamecube disc, there's zero need to have doanload codes for anything. The games themselves would all easily fit into a single Switch cart. I can't even call this Capcom being greedy as all of the games would easily fit into a 8 GB Switch cart. This is just very strange.

Though Capcom not release these collections outside the US and Japan on cart is quite bull****. There's not even a word about a world wide digital release either.

I guess the only solace here is the fact that the part 1 of both the classic and X collections here are the better halves. So if you really want to cheap out and only go digital you can just get that if you insist.

Also a question. Is Megaman and Bass a part of the Classic collection here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom