• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread X-Mafia: Days of Future Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Evan is innocent
Because I'm a cop and checked you?
So out of all the leans here, you picked to investigate the one that would likely give us the least information. Nice work, cop.

Remember when I doubted Doc when he said lynching EVAN would be the safest lynch and one that would give us some information? It's because EVAN is the weakest of the scum leans, and got mostly neutral reads towards the end. Heck, even Ayano bumped him up to Town. And yet, you were the only one who tunneled in on him, which eventually led to the "chaos."

edgeworth-zoom(a).gif

Explain this investigation, cop, because the more I look at you, the more I think your badge looks like a plastic imitation from Toys-R-Us.

Ryuken

...My vote stays. I'll be busy tomorrow, but I'll make sure to read up as soon as I'm free. I'm sure everyone else has a thing or two they want to say.
Itd not much of a defense, but I'll add that cop is one of the two roles that are 100% in this game and nobody has counterclaimed.
Heh. Nobody has counterclaimed because that person has yet to post here on D3. I'm sure once they read up on D2, they'll definitely speak up. You should know who I'm referring to, of course.

See ya soon. :sword:

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
So out of all the leans here, you picked to investigate the one that would likely give us the least information. Nice work, cop.

Remember when I doubted Doc when he said lynching EVAN would be the safest lynch and one that would give us some information? It's because EVAN is the weakest of the scum leans, and got mostly neutral reads towards the end. Heck, even Ayano bumped him up to Town. And yet, you were the only one who tunneled in on him, which eventually led to the "chaos."

edgeworth-zoom(a).gif

Explain this investigation, cop, because the more I look at you, the more I think your badge looks like a plastic imitation from Toys-R-Us.
Best savage thing I heard this month.

I don't like how you're going after me and saying things that aren't true, because I don't ever recall going after funnier.

So we're just going to pretend like this little quote never happened? :

The bold part really caught my attention, and I was going to mention it before the day ended but I got caught up in some stuff. Everyone was for lynching Storma yet here you are trying to get people to look at someone else, even suggesting that there was a possibility that Storma wasn't even scum. I was going to overlook this because I myself thought that he was pro town, but they flipped scum. So to me, this post seems like scum trying to protect scum; and I because Storma is a new player, it'd give more of a reason to want to prevent his lynch.

Because it happened, and you were quoting funnier and bolding his own words. You are directly accusing him of trying to protect Storm, of "scum trying to protect scum". Your words.

Honestly, I'm not interested in you today, and I'm not calling for your lynch. But please let's not try to pretend like what I'm saying is coming out of nowhere without reason.

Also, you yourself have been very inactive throughout both days, and you're going after me for day 1? I'm keeping my eye on you Go-go.

I was killed night one and flipped town. I replaced Tristian half way through day two. Have you forgotten all of this as well? I would suggesting keeping your eyes more on the game and less just on me.

I spy with my little eye... a contradiction.

Ryuken, I honest to god think you're town right now, but I really don't understand why you're jumping down my throat about a contradiction that didn't occur. You see that quote up there, and I was very specific when I said what karu did at the start of day two.

I appreciate you as a player, and I'm grateful you're here, but you seem to talk a lot while saying very little.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Unfortunately, I forgot booze was expensive, so didn't get as drunk as some people may have been hoping for.
Also, what's with everyone being off on me investigating my scumlean? It was an unpopular opinion, but at this point if he was scum I doubt he would've gotten lynched any time soon. I investigated who I thought the town wouldnt, not those who would end up a topic of discussion anyways. Those will come given time. Evsn was virtually safe for the foreseeable future.

Ryuken

So we're just going to pretend like this little quote never happened? :

Because it happened, and you were quoting funnier and bolding his own words. You are directly accusing him of trying to protect Storm, of "scum trying to protect scum". Your words.

Honestly, I'm not interested in you today, and I'm not calling for your lynch. But please let's not try to pretend like what I'm saying is coming out of nowhere without reason.

I was killed night one and flipped town. I replaced Tristian half way through day two. Have you forgotten all of this as well? I would suggesting keeping your eyes more on the game and less just on me.

Ryuken, I honest to god think you're town right now, but I really don't understand why you're jumping down my throat about a contradiction that didn't occur. You see that quote up there, and I was very specific when I said what karu did at the start of day two.

I appreciate you as a player, and I'm grateful you're here, but you seem to talk a lot while saying very little.
First of all... Ouch. Even if it looks like all I post is fluff, there's a reason for it.

Second, whoops, my bad, I somehow missed that post on my multiple rereads of D2. It's embarassing, but I find myself doing that at times.

Third, while this might not be much of a defense in light of karu's inactivity, they were the first ones to post that they leaned town on funnier since funnier explained why he wanted to see if there were other suspicions D1, addressing karu's suspicion. Yes, I know this lean happened 5 pages after funnier's response, but I thought that should be pointed out.

In light of this, my suspect list is currently DekuNut, Ayano Keiko, and karu .
Players I'm not sure of are Minish_Link, HylianEVAN, and A Link in Time.
The Townies who have stayed in line for me are YiGAhim and Ver-go-a-go-go .

I'll explain them later in the day, but right now, these are where my current thoughts stand unless Yiga says something to make me think otherwise.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
funnier6 comes in challenging that claim by saying he shouldn't be able to do that, voting him in the process. If Deku had done an OMGUS here, I would've immediately voted him, but he was careful not to do that. This instead made me suspicious of funnier6 as well since if Deku's claim actually holds, that would mean we have two investigative roles of some sort.
His claim in light of funnier6's words is now under fire now that funnier is confirmed roleblocker. I personally find Deku's claim suspicious because he claimed cop FIRST, then proceeded to "reveal" his info in the next post. Most of us had a town lean on Yiga thanks to his actions D1 against Storma, so that would be the safest bet at convincing us not to vote him for the time being.
Deku claims he investigated Yiga, proving Yiga is town. Very convenient, as Yiga's has been our strongest town read for the entire game. It's not a risky thing to say at all.

All of these quotes point out something I agree with, and looks pretty odd. Knowing that funnier actually was the roleblocker now makes Deku's cop claim fishy, since funnier seemed to imply he roleblocked Deku n1. Plus like Vergo and Ryu said, claiming to have gotten a town result on Yiga was a super safe claim. Given that Yiga seemed an obvious town read after Storm flipped at the end of day 1, I'm still not sure why Deku would use his role on him. I know that he gave his reasoning that he doesn't like to trust confident town leans, but with Yiga I think it was pretty easy to trust that he was town. Seeing as he usually looks scummy otherwise, so it'd be hard for him to pull something off like that as scum I think.

I don't think it would be any other role due to how the fluff was written. Feel free to give your thoughts about that, and about my previous post.

funnier is dead, so we can't get an answer from him, but @Minish_Link, why were you getting third party vibes from Ayano?

Why is the fact that I was SK in Anime mafia something people are using to claim I am SK in this game? It's 2 completely different games with completely different roles. I really don't understand it. Also, Anime mafia was my first game in 2 years. I am still a little rusty lol

I wanted to address this the previous day, but the day ended before I woke up. I do understand why everyone is questioning my read of Keiko, as it seems a bit of a stretch. However, in Anime Mafia I feel like he played a similar way and I was the only one to really catch onto it then, that he was SK. So I'm partially trusting my gut read of him again. The things that lead me to feel he was third party scum in that game was the fact that he seemed less invested in who was lynched but just wanted to lynch someone. He was a bit wishy-washy and going after multiple people for being "suspicious", but then would go with the easier lynch instead of his own scum leans. That's why I'm using Anime mafia to claim you could be SK/third party this game. I do know they're two completely different games, but I try to look for similar patterns across games to get reads on people.

Minish..... was almost verbatim the exact same. Like, disturbingly so. She thought funnier, Yiga, and Deku were all town..... but two of those were laughably easy town reads at that point. I don't think Yiga planned it, but he was definitely the most town looking player after day one, and funnier was far too pro-town for his own good. Rule of three could definitely apply here, as she doesn't vote for Deku until there's quite a bit of mounting pressure.

I will say that even though Yiga is a super easy town read this game, I usually find him extremely scummy even when he is town. This is the first game I've seen him step it up to make himself actually look town so I feel like I've needed to explain my town read of him. Funnier is also always fairly easy to read his alignment. He's basically always on my town list or scum list, never really neutral because of that. Deku I thought possible town on day 1 because I try to give him the benefit of the doubt early on in games because I also tend to go after him a lot for scummy actions, even when he's town.

I know that there was one mafia member in the Doc wagon, so Alit, DekuDeku, Ryu, or Ayano, one of them is mafia. I'll have to go back and re-read day 2 so I can eliminate possible candidates.

No one has seemed to comment on this, but I think it seems pretty important. I don't want to point out exactly why in case mafia doesn't pick up on it, but this confirms my town lean on karu even further and I happen to trust what she's saying here.

I have some other thoughts I want to post before I forget them, but I also have a headache right now, so hopefully they make sense. I agree that it looks like Deadpool was the other person who targeted funnier. It looks to be SK, but since the role is Deadpool I could really see any variation of third party being possible. However, like others have said, I don't think we need to be focusing on SK right now instead of mafia. SK is less of a threat to town, but I do think it's still important to post our thoughts about that topic. It could come in handy having as much info/opinions on that later on in the game.

Something that I haven't seen anyone else mention though, is the fact that the flavor text seems to point to Deadpool not willingly targeting funnier himself. He said it wasn't the person he meant to kill, so I feel like there's a possible town role that intervened there? My first thought was a transporter, but I'm not sure if that works out right.

Ryuken

Something that I haven't seen anyone else mention though, is the fact that the flavor text seems to point to Deadpool not willingly targeting funnier himself. He said it wasn't the person he meant to kill, so I feel like there's a possible town role that intervened there? My first thought was a transporter, but I'm not sure if that works out right.
Good catch. It sounds like we might have a Bus Driver, though I don't know if they're Town-aligned or Mafia-aligned yet. Just wanted to comment on this before being swept away into my work.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
If we have a bus driver, that could explain my being able to do stuff night one.
Also, if I were mafia, I would know who is or isnt mafia. I wouldn't have to make safe points becayse I would already know.
Today's gonna be another day of lack of internet access but I'll post a reads list when I can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom