• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread X-Mafia: Days of Future Scum

Status
Not open for further replies.

funnier6

Courage~
Please look over my wagon analysis when you get the chance, guys. Want to know where we agree and disagree. I'm in school shorter tomorrow (unless I have lab training, which might happen), so I'll try to be on at a more reasonable time when others are then.
Hey, um, multi quotes are a thing, just saying cause I’ve seen a lot of unnecessary double triple posting this game from a few people and now I have to dig around and reply to all thisss. Would make things a lot simpler, please and thank you. :cow:

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Vote: Doc

I think he has the worst progression on the Storm wagon. He has a solid reason for not voting Storm initially, but then he does a complete 180 despite acknowledging his hypocrisy.

I recognize my vote can be suspicious, but I don’t consider it to be a complete 180. I established it was just to pressure a role claim because no progression was being made. The hypocrisy I was referring to was planning on reading into people who were defending Storm.

Also, referring to Funnier or YIGA’s question about my weak suspicion (that I’m too lazy to go back to quote). It is admittedly a weak suspicion and one that I was still trying to look into. But I was asked about suspicions and that was where my suspicions were at the time.

funnier6

Courage~
Doc thinks Storm is behaving normally and that mafia might be taking advantage of his unexplained behavior to lynch him, citing a previous game.

Among Funnier, Storm, and YIGA, he calls YIGA the scummiest looking. Possible rule of 3 going on in this post.

YIGA is pretty much confirmed town and Storm flipped mafia so that only leaves funnier as an unknown.
I’m going to start off with giving a summary of each post you quote is more muddling than helpful and takes away from clearly seeing your thought process.

What’s rule of three again?
Ya know... I am getting a little nervous about Evan now that you brought up the possibility of Jester.

This post especially worries me. It was either An honest Evan confused about how he may have fooled me, or a jester playing dumb. I think I know a way of finding out though...

Evan describe to me the role of jester, and also claim your role (Hard preferably) and explain to me your thought process having been this role
Yiga, we’ve established Jester is never a role on ZD, least of all a Pendio game. Don’t go around asking for role claimsss.
Whatever you say, I guess. The games I used to play got to pretty high levels of mindgames and "4d chess." The hints I give here would be considered painstakingly obvious in those games.
I'm still sticking my vote to Deku, though it's a shame they can't respond right now. I'm not used to operating on little info, and it feels weird when an accusation goes unnoticed or unchallenged.
Uhhhhhh whatever 4D chess is to you is something complete different here, we basically do behavioral analysis.
What I miss about my old playstyle is that it was impossible to ever read me unless I made a rookie mistake, therefore making it impossible to meta me due to my playstyle. I'm giving this up for a more aggressive playstyle, putting myself under fire, but also firing back. I feel like I'll have to go chaotic neutral if I ever want to have a null read again. With a town role all but confirmed, I am certain to take fire night 2, and there's nothing I can do about it. Without going into hardclaim detail, I have a very valuable role, and could come back with plenty of information tomorrow, so I ask any protective role to protect me. I also ask the Bus Driver to stay away from me if there is one. Got in a lot of role trouble by being "Protected" by a bus driver in a previous game.

Had I not said all of this, mafia would've been dumb to not vote me, as mafia should almost always vote out those who are confirmed town, but had I not said this I would not know how safe my information would be.

Sometimes I talk to hear my head rattle...
Yiga, this was soooo unnecessary, like I would’ve bet money you wouldn’t have been shot and now all of a sudden you might get shot. Do you not realize saying you’re valuable paints a target on your backkk? Forget self preservation your job is to find scum in the thread not help them find out who the valuable PRs are which they can’t anymore cause their role cop is dead so for goodness sake keep your trap shuttt. I hope this is like your I’m valuable don’t kill me plan last time where was to get shot but I don’t think it is this time. >_<

Also, why on earth would mafia vote someone who’s practically confirmed town.

I recognize my vote can be suspicious, but I don’t consider it to be a complete 180. I established it was just to pressure a role claim because no progression was being made. The hypocrisy I was referring to was planning on reading into people who were defending Storm.

Also, referring to Funnier or YIGA’s question about my weak suspicion (that I’m too lazy to go back to quote). It is admittedly a weak suspicion and one that I was still trying to look into. But I was asked about suspicions and that was where my suspicions were at the time.
Do you still feel the same about your suspicions and have you found something stronger yet?

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Do you still feel the same about your suspicions and have you found something stronger yet?
Not really feeling the same. It honestly was an OMGUS reaction more than anything else, and while I still don't like that I was accused of throwing suspicion at YIGA and Deku wasn't, I can't say I find anything particularly scummy about Minish. If I had to more accurately say who I am suspicious of, it would be one of the other people who didn't vote at all yesterday. And Tristan is inactive and seeking a replacement, so I won't consider him.

So my current suspicions are karu, HylianEVAN, and Ryuken, because they didn't vote and avoided talking about Storma entirely yesterday (some didn't really talk at all). I am unsure how to feel about HylianEVAN and Ryuken at the moment. Ryuken has been active but his posts haven't been saying much, and HylianEVAN's posts are all over the place.

funnier6

Courage~
Not really feeling the same. It honestly was an OMGUS reaction more than anything else, and while I still don't like that I was accused of throwing suspicion at YIGA and Deku wasn't, I can't say I find anything particularly scummy about Minish. If I had to more accurately say who I am suspicious of, it would be one of the other people who didn't vote at all yesterday. And Tristan is inactive and seeking a replacement, so I won't consider him.

So my current suspicions are karu, HylianEVAN, and Ryuken, because they didn't vote and avoided talking about Storma entirely yesterday (some didn't really talk at all). I am unsure how to feel about HylianEVAN and Ryuken at the moment. Ryuken has been active but his posts haven't been saying much, and HylianEVAN's posts are all over the place.
How do you know it’s Mez seeking a replacement?

funnier6

Courage~
Oh, lol I didn’t notice the announcement, I had deduced it from his inactivity and was tryna test you.

So back to this, it’s quite possible you might get lynched Doc, why no vote yet hm?

Also how can you be suspicious and unsure simultaneously, does that mean you’re only suspicious of karu?

karu

Panamaniac
I'll post later today when I'm on my laptop. Also, I don't consider it hypocrite @funnier6 to tell people to post more when I was mostly inactive on day 1 when I'm kinda always inactive on the first day. Love yah~

karu

Panamaniac
I'll post later today when I'm on my laptop. Also, I don't consider it hypocrite @funnier6 to tell people to post more when I was mostly inactive on day 1 when I'm kinda always inactive on the first day. Love yah~

karu

Panamaniac
Ah, sweet computer keyboard. Okay down to business!

I want to know specifically what you find scummy about me? I understand why you find Evan and Ryuken scummy, but you never really explained why I lean scum to you.

I'm not active on the first days because the first part is RVS and then the rest, to me, is random finger-pointing that leads to the real discussions day 2. During the night phase I skimmed through day 1 and found Storma to seem town, and then as I read on he flipped scum. So I went back and looked into who protected him, who he went after, et cetera. Based on that research I made the conclusions:

town lean: funnier, Yiga, Ryuken
neutral/can't read yet: Alit, Evan, Ayano, Minish, DekuDeku, Sloth_Overlord_666 (whoever replaces him)
scum lean: doc

@DekuNut is always so freaking hard to read; and I get a feeling he might be town, but everybody has him leaning towards scum. But when I first started to play he was always scum, so I always assume he's scum. So for me to get the feeling he's town? I'm going with my gut on this one; I know he's busy but if he could pop in here I'd appreciate it. The reason I think Ryuken is town lean is because Pendio wouldn't put that many new players as scum, it's not very Pendio (is it? idk), and he's drawing a lot of attention to himself, something that a noob scum might do but in his case, I just think he's noob town.

I'll go back, again, and re-read, AGAIN, but nothing really sticks out to me from day 1 and day 2 so far. I'll post more during day 2, to please certain people. And I'm not voting unless I'm certain the person I'm voting for is scum; if I had to vote though, it's Doc.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Just wanted to say I'll try to have a reads list up sometime before the day ends. Tbh, not feeling super motivated right now so that's why I've been a bit quiet. But I'll try to get my thoughts together and post more.

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I have a town lean for Karu. She's been looking pretty good this game, has been really scum hunting, and just in general she seems to be making valid points/connections. I'll add some more of my thoughts about this in my reads list but I realized I didn't mention this before and wanted to while it was on my mind.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
I will be quoting a lot of posts, so brace yourselves, I guess. :sword:
7w4xK6I.gif

miles-normal(c).gif

I take it you're basing your reasoning on a lack of familiarity between EVAN and I, which is understandable. I already explained that I push for a No Lynch Day 1 regardless of suspicions because the Mafia games I used to play relied a tad bit more on information and trust than behavioral patterns. I am also quite unfamiliar with how everyone acts here, so I'm still trying to understand how this works. That is why I'm trying to narrow down my suspect list, and I'll explain them all later as well as who I believe is on the Town side. (Currently it's between Yiga, Doc, and/or Deku as Mafia, EVAN being a neutral role like Jester, and the rest being town, especially funnier6.)

In defense of karu, I agree with @Minish_Link that they have been trying to scumhunt like the rest of us. That is something to consider whenever you all come out with your list.
Doc says Storm doesn't look scummy to him, but he wants to place a pressure vote on him to see if he claims and provides more information from a claim. Not a fan of this post. It's a complete 180 from where Doc stood before, and he even acknowledges the hypocrisy in this post. Scum lean.
Deku votes for Ryuken for not committing to any vote and just posting for the sake of posting. I echoed these thoughts at the end of Day 1 so it's admittedly a bit hypocritical for me to be down on Deku now. This post isn't actually that bad now that I read it. Yes, it could be distancing since Deku says he suspects Storm too, but never ends up voting him, but he had progression on Storm in his ISO.
miles-crossed(c).gif

I understand from these two posts that the reason you find one suspicious over the other is due to their overall progression on Storma. It's plausible, I admit, but when I think about how EVAN reacted and voted for me when I pressured him with my thoughts, I get the feeling that Deku wouldn't just react this way and vote for me without a reason. You should also note that they stayed their vote despite the piling wagon and when Storma fell into my trap, role claiming.
Doc thinks Storm is behaving normally and that mafia might be taking advantage of his unexplained behavior to lynch him, citing a previous game.

Among Funnier, Storm, and YIGA, he calls YIGA the scummiest looking. Possible rule of 3 going on in this post.

YIGA is pretty much confirmed town and Storm flipped mafia so that only leaves funnier as an unknown.
miles-point(d).gif

karu and Ayana Keiko brought up the possibility that the Mafia could be throwing each other under the bus (Keiko citing a previous game):
sometimes scum throws one of their own under the bus to seem innocent. Happened to me in Pendio's last game when I killed Zachie based on Tristans suspicions and I ended up trusting the GF the entire game. It's smart to look into it just in case something is there).
So while the first quote seems as if Doc was defending Storma due to him being a new player, to me it seems like a way for scum to scum without drawing suspicion to themselves. If that makes sense to you guys.
I thought about this as well, which is why I asked earlier along with soft claiming if the Mafia are allowed to conspire with each other throughout the day/nights in PMs, which funnier6 decided not to answer when he responded to my post.
Well, as long as you don’t specify a role and keep it vague soft claims don’t count as claims. Pretty sure they can, yes, it would’ve said in the rules if they didn’t I think.

Independent roles could be Survivor, Serial Killer, Cult Leader or Jester, though Cult Leader and Jester is extremely unlikely and uncommon. I say that cause some are less “neutral” and more against both sides.
Either funnier6 thought I was stupid for asking that question or they thought I was luring them into a trap. Looking at how they responded to my 4D Chess post, the former does have a tiny bit of ground, but considering the amount of Mafia experience they have over me and how well-articulated they've been, I'm willing to believe the latter. (Side note: I find it a bit funny how funnier6 has been trying their best to defend me despite being a bit baffled at my behavior. I like em.)

It's a smart move, but I assure you that I did not mean for that question to be a trap: it was an honest question as this is my first game on the forums. I know some of you have your eyes on me (like Doc, EVAN, and A Link in Time), but I hope you realize now what else I was doing by asking that question. Might as well make it official at this point since some people (like Yiga) prefer I not be subtle:
miles-shrug(e).gif

I am claiming I am a town-sided role.

funnier6

Courage~
I will be quoting a lot of posts, so brace yourselves, I guess. :sword:
7w4xK6I.gif

miles-normal(c).gif

I take it you're basing your reasoning on a lack of familiarity between EVAN and I, which is understandable. I already explained that I push for a No Lynch Day 1 regardless of suspicions because the Mafia games I used to play relied a tad bit more on information and trust than behavioral patterns. I am also quite unfamiliar with how everyone acts here, so I'm still trying to understand how this works. That is why I'm trying to narrow down my suspect list, and I'll explain them all later as well as who I believe is on the Town side. (Currently it's between Yiga, Doc, and/or Deku as Mafia, EVAN being a neutral role like Jester, and the rest being town, especially funnier6.)

In defense of karu, I agree with @Minish_Link that they have been trying to scumhunt like the rest of us. That is something to consider whenever you all come out with your list.

miles-crossed(c).gif

I understand from these two posts that the reason you find one suspicious over the other is due to their overall progression on Storma. It's plausible, I admit, but when I think about how EVAN reacted and voted for me when I pressured him with my thoughts, I get the feeling that Deku wouldn't just react this way and vote for me without a reason. You should also note that they stayed their vote despite the piling wagon and when Storma fell into my trap, role claiming.

miles-point(d).gif

karu and Ayana Keiko brought up the possibility that the Mafia could be throwing each other under the bus (Keiko citing a previous game):

I thought about this as well, which is why I asked earlier along with soft claiming if the Mafia are allowed to conspire with each other throughout the day/nights in PMs, which funnier6 decided not to answer when he responded to my post.

Either funnier6 thought I was stupid for asking that question or they thought I was luring them into a trap. Looking at how they responded to my 4D Chess post, the former does have a tiny bit of ground, but considering the amount of Mafia experience they have over me and how well-articulated they've been, I'm willing to believe the latter. (Side note: I find it a bit funny how funnier6 has been trying their best to defend me despite being a bit baffled at my behavior. I like em.)

It's a smart move, but I assure you that I did not mean for that question to be a trap: it was an honest question as this is my first game on the forums. I know some of you have your eyes on me (like Doc, EVAN, and A Link in Time), but I hope you realize now what else I was doing by asking that question. Might as well make it official at this point since some people (like Yiga) prefer I not be subtle:
miles-shrug(e).gif

I am claiming I am a town-sided role.
I did answer that actually, it was the second sentence in the paragraph.

You’re welcome, you seem trying hard town who happens to play really weird lol.

Claiming a town sided role is literally the most pointless redundant thing in the entire world as it’s very, VERY unlikely that anyone would claim not town sided.
Just wanted to say I'll try to have a reads list up sometime before the day ends. Tbh, not feeling super motivated right now so that's why I've been a bit quiet. But I'll try to get my thoughts together and post more.

One thing I forgot to mention in my previous post is that I have a town lean for Karu. She's been looking pretty good this game, has been really scum hunting, and just in general she seems to be making valid points/connections. I'll add some more of my thoughts about this in my reads list but I realized I didn't mention this before and wanted to while it was on my mind.
I haven’t really felt the same, I mean, I’m pretty sure this is the most towny she’s ever been in a game, but just from that makes me nervous to town read since I’ve never seen her as scum and I’m used to her not being around as much.

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself

All I got to say is don’t judge a book by its cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom