• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

The Hero's Power in Zelda series

DeadGuyL

Fierce Deity
Have you noticed that in many Zelda games, Link the hero have some kind of power?

Zelda(TP): Lend us the last of your power!

Ezlo: I must rely on you,on your power,until we've put an end to Vaati.

Second Maiden(Alttp):Well,remember that you magical powers,which only the Hero can make use of!

Darmani:if it is beyond your power,then i beg of you to do this for me instead.

Impa(Oracle of Seasons): Please use your power to aid Din!

Because no one mentioned that he picks items in dungeons that help him, at most mention that he collects the main reward of a dungeon after some boss. So, these days I've been playing Alttp on my Smartphone, I noticed the equipment table and noticed that it had the heart pieces bar. So I tried to relate the fact that link's courage is related to its "powers" that are mentioned. But have you stopped to think? that actually all that link does is (in relation to your power-ups and collecting items) could be a metaphor of what actually happens? I mean is it where he keeps so many items and how does he select each one of them? But if we observe every situation of each item it collects makes sense! For example: when link climbs the death mountain he arrives at the city goron, and he '' wins '' the goron bracelet. that would be proof of his power, and with that he gains strength ... stated by hero's shade:

''You must use your courage to seek power...and find it you must''

We can assume that link can materialize his items along his quest??:shrug: I don't know...

QcFQOVmY_o.png

Last edited:

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I think that TP quote was a little out of context. If I remember, Zelda was asking the Gods to lend power, not Link.

I wouldn't think about it too hard. His power is that he is the most courageous humanoid in Hyrule

DeadGuyL

Fierce Deity
I think that TP quote was a little out of context. If I remember, Zelda was asking the Gods to lend power, not Link.

I wouldn't think about it too hard. His power is that he is the most courageous humanoid in Hyrule

Actually, she asks the golden spirits to give her the arrows of light, and she mentions that he is the chosen hero and asks him to lend the last of his power.
and yeah he's courageous,but i guess courage isn't the case here.. And the explanation of how and where he carries his items and know how to use any of one of them without instructions still a mystery

Attachments

• Zelda_TP.gif
    Zelda_TP.gif
    712.1 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
Ezlo: I must rely on you,on your power,unil we've put an end to Vaati.
When you're a hat, everyone has power compared to you.

Link's power primarily comes from his courage, and his great sword skills as well as the various items he collects. He also has to be decently intelligent to solve the puzzles of various dungeons, and be able to use all those items he gets without much training.

Some games he also has the Triforce of Courage to further his power. Though it doesn't seem to do much other then repel evil, and protect him from turning into a wandering spirit in TP

DeadGuyL

Fierce Deity
I'd just call it game magic
Oh you say that game magic put some powerful gauntlets in ganon's castle? Or put some Red clothes in Ganon's tower in a link to the past? Is ganon so dumb to let link powerful? I guess not my friend...

Last edited:

DeadGuyL

Fierce Deity
When you're a hat, everyone has power compared to you.

Link's power primarily comes from his courage, and his great sword skills as well as the various items he collects. He also has to be decently intelligent to solve the puzzles of various dungeons, and be able to use all those items he gets without much training.

Some games he also has the Triforce of Courage to further his power. Though it doesn't seem to do much other then repel evil, and protect him from turning into a wandering spirit in TP

When you are a powerful magician you know when someone have some magical powers.

And i have to agree when you say that he had courage and sword skills but what i am trying to prove here that link materialize [AKA. Ability] his items along his journey this explains why the same items appear in many games. Dont you think strange that Zelda incarnate as Goddess Hylia and is represented by Wisdom and have lots of magical powers,the same thing happen with ganon,but in this case he's a demon and have magical powers too. But Link doesn't have any magical powers and i guess this is the power he have.

Last edited:

DeadGuyL

Fierce Deity
Just trying to state that link gain power, but this element is mixed with adventure.So all the times he find a new item or upgrade his gear(by a fairy or any other character), he's leveling-up similiar to adventure of link,but mixed with adventure, And that's awesome...

Djinn

and Tonic
I have liked the theory that the power of the hero is in their physical capabilities, as in having the triforce of courage turns one into a shonen action series character that can do things like dance around shooting arrows, balance on a rope and still run at full speed, fight giant monsters and robots with just a sword, dive off mountains and only be a little hurt from it instead of very dead. Also weaponize perfectly normal random objects like a bug catching net, stick, leaves, chickens, or fishing poles. Not many other people outside of shonen anime can handle taking on a giant magic centipede with a stick and boomerang.

He's basically a fantasy martial artist when almost everyone else in Hyrule is more like a normal human.

Oni Link 303

Hylian Sage
To put it simply, the power attributed to the hero is tied to the hero's innate ability/in born special quality of having an equal balance of Power, Wisdom, and Courage to obtain the Triforce as mentioned in Zelda II the Adventure of Link's instruction manual.

Weapons, items, skills, magic, etc are not what constitutes Link's status as the hero; they only supplement to what he by default can inherently accomplish. For example, in TP Link was stated to have been awakened as the true hero by way of the Triforce of Courage, and is acknowledged as the "Hero chosen by the Goddesses" granting him access to the Master Sword, but the Hero's Shade emphasizes that Link should learn the hidden skills to be endowed with the true power of the hero, yet nevertheless the skills are not imperative for Link to be the hero, because wielding the Master Sword, which is seen as the medium behind Link's power, wisdom, and courage, is confirmation in of itself that Link is the legendary hero without supplement.

TWW sort of parallels and reinforces this by having Link triumph over the Tower of the Gods, and being acknowledged as a true hero by the gods, all the while "instinctively" executing hidden skills like the Helm Splitter and Back Slice seen in TP. All in all, because Power, Wisdom, and Courage is as Sheik puts it "The True Force to Govern all" and with Link inherently containing that balanced aptitude, means that he can theoretically master anything whether by discipline or through complete instinct.

DeadGuyL

Fierce Deity
To put it simply, the power attributed to the hero is tied to the hero's innate ability/in born special quality of having an equal balance of Power, Wisdom, and Courage to obtain the Triforce as mentioned in Zelda II the Adventure of Link's instruction manual.

Weapons, items, skills, magic, etc are not what constitutes Link's status as the hero; they only supplement to what he by default can inherently accomplish. For example, in TP Link was stated to have been awakened as the true hero by way of the Triforce of Courage, and is acknowledged as the "Hero chosen by the Goddesses" granting him access to the Master Sword, but the Hero's Shade emphasizes that Link should learn the hidden skills to be endowed with the true power of the hero, yet nevertheless the skills are not imperative for Link to be the hero, because wielding the Master Sword, which is seen as the medium behind Link's power, wisdom, and courage, is confirmation in of itself that Link is the legendary hero without supplement.

TWW sort of parallels and reinforces this by having Link triumph over the Tower of the Gods, and being acknowledged as a true hero by the gods, all the while "instinctively" executing hidden skills like the Helm Splitter and Back Slice seen in TP. All in all, because Power, Wisdom, and Courage is as Sheik puts it "The True Force to Govern all" and with Link inherently containing that balanced aptitude, means that he can theoretically master anything whether by discipline or through complete instinct.
Makes sense, and that's why link can level up in Zelda 2. And also Zelda in BotW say that link trained to become a knight and fullfil his goal..

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Link's athleticism is uncanny for a kid who doesn't get out much prior to his adventures. He also knows how to use a sword without any prior training. These certainly seem like innate abilities.

That could be some inherent power that's being referred to, or it could just be his Triforce of Courage or just the skills and arsenal he's acquired throughout the adventure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom