• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Zelda Breath of the Wild DLC, Will it be Unveiled at the Game Awards Show?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
According to Nintendo, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild: The Champions Ballad will be releasing in December. This is the DLC expansion for Breath of the Wild, coming off BotW being one of the highest critically rated games of all time. However, we know very little about it besides the release date. However, we do know one thing that is coming up, the Game Awards Show.
Would it not make sense to release information on this very show? This is likely a show where Breath of the Wild will get awards in, so it would make sense to release information for the DLC(and perhaps release the DLC after the show) when the game is in the limelight. I think this would be a brilliant marketing move, especially given with BotW's history with the Game Awards Show.

The Game Awards Show has actually been pretty important to Breath of the Wild's marketing. It was actually, at this show that we saw "Zelda Wii U" actually playable, and saw snippets of gameplay. This was 3 years ago in 2014(Oh wow, now I feel even older).

(Yeah right. You keep trying to release Zelda Wii U in 2015. You big bunch of liars)

While Zelda Breath of the Wild missed the subsequent Game Awards Show due to the Wii U's untimely demise and a terrible 2015, the Game Awards also carried the torch for 2016.

This is where Breath of the Wild actually won its first award, in a long line of many. In 2016, the title won the Most Anticipated for 2017, and boy, let's say it did not disappoint. Not only that, but it debuted a brand new, brilliant trailer for the game.

(This trailer still gives me chills, it is way too good).

So with all of this said, it would be absolutely poetic that as the first show to show gameplay, the last bit of new gameplay would be shown for this game.It also makes sense, since BotW is a huge Game of the Year Candidate, and they may even do an orchestral piece for the game(much like they did with DOOM 2016). Breath of the Wild is closely tied with the Game Awards, and the Game Awards actually did become big because of the BotW and gained huge popularity with it ever since showcased it in 2014. This actually gravitated publishers to showing bigger titles at the Game Awards, and it is why we have seen a lot of growth within this. So, with Nintendo's radio silence with this DLC, do you think that Ballad of the Champions will be unveiled in the Game Awards Show?! Comment Below Era!

I hope so. You raise some good points and i'd love the poetic justice of them revealing it at the Game Awards. I dont like Awards shows no matter what it is, but having the Champions Ballad would give the show some worth for me.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
When is the Game Awards show? I heard a rumor that the Champion's Ballad release date was leaked as November 23rd. If they were planning for something to be at the Game Awards show, that might explain why we've heard absolutely nothing about it compared to the first DLC pack.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
When is the Game Awards show? I heard a rumor that the Champion's Ballad release date was leaked as November 23rd. If they were planning for something to be at the Game Awards show, that might explain why we've heard absolutely nothing about it compared to the first DLC pack.
The Awards Show is December 7th, and the DLC is stated to come sometime in December according to the NoE Shop Page:
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...ions_ballad_dlc_is_set_for_a_december_release

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom