• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

What type of cell phone do you use?

Ninja

Well well well
I am back to post again! This time with an update. I ditched the windows phone for a Nokia 6. I miss the layout of windows but android definitely has better apps.

Looks like a solid phone man. Upgrading is always fun.

Speaking of, I have the option to upgrade from my iPhone 7+ to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 for only $230. Pretty cheap all things considered, however my current phone is more than fine, and at this points its more of a want, and not a need. Telling myself no on this one. :P

Reactions: Dio

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Yeah, but whenever we need our phones for school and stuff, I am the guy who has to ask to use the teacher's phone...

Also I can't see as many memez

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I have a Flip Phone and I'm not joking .-.

I like to screw with people and pretend I'm Captain Kirk :rolleyes:
Make an app for that Apple!

Whenever I show people my cellphone they laugh :sweat:
The most common response is "It belongs in a museum!"

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Samsung J5 used to be a Samsung other thing but screen cracked and it was near my bday so got a new one

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I use an iPhone 6 that I purchased on a plan at the end of 2014 which ran until the end of 2016, so now I own the phone but have kept using it. Prior to that I used an iPhone 4S from 2011. I'll likely hold onto the iPhone 6 for another year as it is still serving me well and I don't see the need for an upgrade just yet, the newest iPhone doesn't seem like a huge leap even from the iPhone 6 so for now I'm going to hold off.

Ninja

Well well well
After so many attempts at getting my iPhone 7 Plus fixed, I decided to trade it in and get the Galaxy Note 8. Luckily I have a friend in the mobile store who waived all of the upgrade fees and gave me a useful wireless charger.

I've had androids all my life and wanted to give Apple a shot, however it just wasn't for me.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
iPhone 5s, been my favourite phone so far and I've had it for about 3 years (screen still very much intact, btw). Battery life is still good, phone is still running optimally. I do wish I had gone for a model with more storage, lol, so I have a feeling that is what will trigger an upgrade for me (though will probably be a while longer before that happens).

In Australia they are called mobile phones or just mobiles. The word cell is never used in conjuction with phones.
The mobile I use is an iPhone SE. I like phones that actually fit into my pocket and are not super massive.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
In Australia they are called mobile phones or just mobiles. The word cell is never used in conjuction with phones.
The mobile I use is an iPhone SE. I like phones that actually fit into my pocket and are not super massive.
In America we just call them phones. I think the cell word was just for clarity

In America we just call them phones. I think the cell word was just for clarity
I went to a Simple Plan concert a few years ago when they were still a new thing (I know they are Canadian but still) at the end they asked us up turn our cells and put them in the air. To get that nice crowd glow going. No one did because we were all like WTF is a cell. After a little awakard silence Pierre said "you know phones the ones you keep in your pockets". Ah that made sense and we all put our phones up in the air. Just a finny little incident I remember.

We don't call them cell phones either. But yeah I will say we just call them phones mostly too. Not mobile or mobile phone much either. So I guess the just phones is what everyone calls them now. Half the people I know only own a mobile phone and not a landline in their house anymore.

Dan

I used to have a lot of those. Honestly it isn't too bad, instead of wasting your brain away glued to your phone and social media you could be doing something more productive. It makes me sad to see people going out to eat and not even talking to each other.

Haha, it's even funnier now that we're all carrying around power banks due to using our phones even more and batteries just not keeping up to usage and hardware.
There's those moments where you think back to the past and then present and realise how different everything is. People gathered around a table, with various looking power banks all around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom