• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tempo of Time: An Ocarina of Time Medley

Hey guys,

A couple of years ago I had a vision of creating a massive Ocarina of Time medley that recounts the classic story through music. With the help of a good friend, we set out on arranging the songs in the style of a prog rock epic, taking inspiration from some of our favorite bands like Dream Theater, Pink Floyd, Haken, and many others. The final product ended up being over 30 minutes covering 15 songs, spanning multiple genres with a bunch of twists and turns along the way.

Would love to hear what you guys think!

https://youtu.be/pDH3g6rRjM8

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Oh it's you! I know your channel, I've seen several of your videos before.

Honestly, this medley is incredible. You were going for that prog rock epic sound the likes of Pink Floyd or Dream Theater, and you hit the nail on the head. The playing is amazing, the instrumentation is great, and the video is really cool. But what really got me was the arrangement. You didn't just take each song and play it as a Copy/Paste of the original, you made it your own and made each song sound different. On top of that, the transitions were flawless, as each song transitioned seamlessly into the next, which most medleys don't succeed in.

I can only imagine the amount of time and effort you guys put into such an ambitious project. Well, it paid off. This is the pinnacle of video game covers, seriously.

My favourite movement, btw, is the Shadow Temple. You captured the feelings of fear and dread perfectly, and the ambient noises and sounds in the background really helped drive home the idea that it's an unpleasant place. Great job all around!

Oh it's you! I know your channel, I've seen several of your videos before.

Honestly, this medley is incredible. You were going for that prog rock epic sound the likes of Pink Floyd or Dream Theater, and you hit the nail on the head. The playing is amazing, the instrumentation is great, and the video is really cool. But what really got me was the arrangement. You didn't just take each song and play it as a Copy/Paste of the original, you made it your own and made each song sound different. On top of that, the transitions were flawless, as each song transitioned seamlessly into the next, which most medleys don't succeed in.

I can only imagine the amount of time and effort you guys put into such an ambitious project. Well, it paid off. This is the pinnacle of video game covers, seriously.

My favourite movement, btw, is the Shadow Temple. You captured the feelings of fear and dread perfectly, and the ambient noises and sounds in the background really helped drive home the idea that it's an unpleasant place. Great job all around!

Thanks so much! One of our goals with this project was to do something novel with the soundtrack to make it stand out considering how over-covered OoT's soundtrack is, so I'm glad to hear that we've achieved that in your eyes! Also great to hear that Shadow Temple was your favorite part - I was quite skeptical to include that track considering how creepy/unorthodox it is, so glad to hear that the risk paid off :)

Nicolai

The beast that dwells within the Shoutbox
Holy cow, you guys play a lot of instruments, even between the two of you!

Is that really you playing trumpet and horn? Those were some tough spots!

Holy cow, you guys play a lot of instruments, even between the two of you!

Is that really you playing trumpet and horn? Those were some tough spots!

Haha thanks - I think there's about 10 instruments played between the two of us! Marc Papeghin did all of the brass work (and totally nailed all of those crazy lines), while I mostly covered the guitar & bass parts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom