• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Nintendo Switch News and Discussion Thread

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Didn't watch the whole thing and from what I can gather it was overall crap as usual.

Only games I will get are Odyssey and perhaps XC2.

As for them porting games like DOOM and Wolfenstein. Those games aren't exactly new and most who wanted them will own already on another console so I doubt they will do particularly well on Switch.

Mido

Version 1
Didn't watch the whole thing and from what I can gather it was overall crap as usual.

As for them porting games like DOOM and Wolfenstein. Those games aren't exactly new and most who wanted them will own already on another console so I doubt they will do particularly well on Switch.

I'm pretty much in the same boat regarding the Switch, and as such, I'm certainly considering purchasing the Odyssey Bundle. As far as DOOM and Wolfenstein are concerned, I was extremely happy to seem DOOM ported since I missed out on its initial release as I was without the Xbox one at the time. It was one of the titles I really wanted to okay. I'm at the moment debating whether I'm going to purchase that or Morphie's Law come Switch time.

Reactions: Dio

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I watched it this morning. Nothing too exciting for me, as usual. Seeing footage of Skyrim makes me curious about its character creator. I really hope the only options aren't "hideously ugly edgy middle aged man" because that was pretty much all we saw. That dragon quest x minecraft game looked interesting I guess. I've never played a dragon quest game before, so I don't know what to expect. Mario Odyssey is looking better, but I'm still on the fence as I'm not a big Mario fan. Fire Emblem Warriors is a definite buy for me. I have my eye on Lost Sphear. That's about it.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain

Wolfenstein 2 has not released yet bro.

Also, I have a feeling DOOM will do well on the console. Because, it means that you can take DOOM on the go. That has a ton of leeway within it right away, as seen with current game sales of other third party games.

Ninja

Well well well
Mario Oddessy looks amazing, and Fire Emblem Warriors looks awesome too. Pokemon seems meh, I love it and all, these new ones didn't really blow me away though. I did enjoy seeing some emotion out of our protagonist in the trailer, even though it was a half second gasp.

For those of use who've seen it thoughts?
Great post thank you for it.

Moving on, here are my short personal opinions about each of the main games shown for the Switch.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - I'm not liking what I am seeing here. I will get the game still but I think I'll need to play it toget as good feel for the game. The trailers so far are turning me off the game. Sure it's not as bad as the Mario + Rabbids trailersbut it's close. To me I think XC2 will be a relatively good game with a bunch of terrible trailers doing nothing to promote the game in a good light. I just hope the game is really good, like Mario + Rabbids is. I have faith in the game, only because of XC and XCX, not because of the terrible XC2 trailers.

Snipperclips Plus - A great DLC if you liked the first game. I did not like the first game so I wont be getting this DLC.

Project Octopath Traveller - That looked like a 2nd Seiken Densetsu 3 (SNES) which to me is a great thing. I really like the look of this and will totally get it. One of the highlights of the firect for me.

Doom, Skyrim and Wolfenstein - Three very good games, but totally not my thing. I feel they are more suited towards the PS4 crowds. I probsbly will not be getting any of them.

Super Mario Odyssey - The game overall disappoints me as it feels like a SM64 clone. However the trailer on the direct impressed me a lot. I was laughing a lot while watching it. I think if the game is silly enough and fun enough, I'll be able to ignore it's other flaws and enjoy it. A great trailer by the way. Loved it.

Fire Emblem Warriors - I am the only person I know who is getting this for the Warriors part. I am not a FE fan at all, but I really like Warriors games. THis could have been called Joe Hero Warriors and I probably would still have gotten it. This does not look like the best ever Warriors game, but there seems to be enough meat there for a good Warriors experience. I just hope all the flaws in Hyrule Warriors do not return in Fire Emblem Warriors.

Kirby Star Allies - My opinion of the game is, it's fun, looks like the usual easy to get into Kirby method of gameplay. I probably will not get it as it's really not my thing. I've never been a Kirby fan.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
So here's the question everybody's been thinking but nobody has asked...in this thread. Who's going to break their Switch? I never tried the Home Brew channel for the Wii because I was afraid of bricking and if Nintendo's recent actions are any indication (wrong charger for switch, pirating Sun and Moon), they're not afraid to retaliate if you don't do things their way. So how about it? Whose going to "hack" their Switch?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So here's the question everybody's been thinking but nobody has asked...in this thread. Who's going to break their Switch? I never tried the Home Brew channel for the Wii because I was afraid of bricking and if Nintendo's recent actions are any indication (wrong charger for switch, pirating Sun and Moon), they're not afraid to retaliate if you don't do things their way. So how about it? Whose going to "hack" their Switch?

Homebrewing/cracking relies more on there being no updates for long enough for it to be cracked, hence why the wii u is easy to do so with, ditto 3DS, give it a few years and homebrewing will be rampant

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Homebrewing/cracking relies more on there being no updates for long enough for it to be cracked, hence why the wii u is easy to do so with, ditto 3DS, give it a few years and homebrewing will be rampant
Lol, surely homebrewing on the Switch will be widespread eventually, I guess I'm relying on people being way up to date on Switch news. On Monday, it was revealed that the Switch can be broken via something like a hard mod (it's a bit outside of my wheel house but mostly understandable). As such, it's not something that Nintendo can stop at this point, supposedly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom