• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
If I remember right Mezlo and Minish were scumbuds in one of the past games I read. Now suddenly we have like 5 Yiga votes almost simultaneously. I think one of the two of them. I can't really say how all that well being new to the game and calling out 2 veterans. Yiga is just getting hit way too fast.

If Mezlo and I were scumbuds, we definitely wouldn't have voted like this. I'm quite surprised that the votes on Yiga have picked up as well, right after I made a case about him. I know this probably doesn't mean much, since it's coming from me, but this isn't in line with my scum play. I'm much more cautious as scum, and probably wouldn't have voted at all today if I were. I just found Yiga to be the best candidate based on my past interactions with him on a scum team.

Kay reasons I'm against the Yiga lynch above all others:

He's being voted for his RVS posting, I shouldn't even have to explain why that's bad (maybe the BG don't get it but the ZD should)

If he gets lynched we get zip information from the zero interactions he had,

Quite a few people are just sheeping and going along quite opportunistically,

There's simply nothing to be gained out of it. (Even if he was scum that would be complete luck and we still wouldn't know anything for it.)

I say wait until he actually posts something relevant then lynch him if you want.

I explained why I voted him in my post, and while it does have to do with his RVS posting, that's only because he's had a chance to rectify that and hasn't. That says quite a bit as he did the same things as scum in his other game.

Also, who's to say that he doesn't see all the votes on him and responds to that now? I'm sure we could get info from that.

I don't disagree that there could be sheeping here, but I do think you've missed some of the actual reasons for voting him.

There's something to be gained out of any lynch.

If he flips town, you can take a closer look at the people on the wagon.

If he flips scum, you can pay attention to the people off the wagon, or see who was a likely bus vote.

You seem to be for pressuring people, so why are you so against pressuring Yiga?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
His first game was a scum game as buddies with you and you still think you can form a real read just from that? I don't really think he's done anything alignment indicative so far.
Maybe we're just seeing it differently. I correctly read you as scum in your second scum game based on the way you played in your first scum game. Why should this be any different?

Regardless, if I see scummy behaviour, whether it's from a new player or an experienced player, I'm going to comment on it. Like I said, I wouldn't have a problem with YIGA if his RVS vote was his only offense. It's the randomly coming into the thread later after it picked up steam, commenting on it, and then still not removing his vote that gets me. Well that may not be mafia behaviour, it definitely isn't pro-town behaviour. At this point, he's my best lead, and I'd way rather lynch him than Storm right now.

Kuro

caw
Tbh, I personally would rather not lynch either Storm or YIGA.
I want them replaced or MKed if they don't start giving a **** about the game.
I am willing to Vote: Bok of the Wild however for reasons brought up by me and others already.

Kuro

caw
*Vote A Link in Time
Although as that post shows, I still don't like Bok's reaction to the Ezlo jokewagon earlier.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Lilac's posts have all struck me as CWAC. I haven't noticed much from her trying to really actively scum-hunt, and most of her posts have been pure fluff. She has made a couple posts expressing how she feels on others alignments, but even those don't clearly express much.

Here's a wall of Lilac's posts that have some content within them. It seems to me that she either is unsure of what to say or is trying to blend in? I would like to see more of her thoughts before being hasty but it rubs me the wrong way.

Also thanks funnier for explaining that!

What is CWAC? I could state once again that I'm new to Mafia but that wouldnt defend me regardless. How else does one gain experience than to play via trial and error? Why else do you think most players ignore my posts? We all know.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm not sure how any of that applies to Mezlo's post though. Is it the part about Storm or something else I'm missing? I'm not really getting similar vibes from him that I did during our time as a scum team, but maybe that's just because Mezlo can be hard to read. He seems to play pretty similarly as town and scum, and he's really good at both.
Maybe so, but he seems to take a keen interest in FPS regardless of alignment.

I'm not sure how exactly I'm being frivolous. Sure, I make sarcastic remarks here and there, but I am taking this game seriously.
You said the same thing last game, and look how that turned out.

Note: I'm not holding a grudge over your near victory. You played a very good game.

If I remember right Mezlo and Minish were scumbuds in one of the past games I read. Now suddenly we have like 5 Yiga votes almost simultaneously. I think one of the two of them. I can't really say how all that well being new to the game and calling out 2 veterans. Yiga is just getting hit way too fast.
Interestingly enough, Yiga was one of our scumbuds in that game. We were keen on busing him if the sacrifice had to be made, but it didn't need to work out like that. It has struck me that Minish and Mezlo seem to be cooperating together, though.

SoaringDylan

Outside the Fun Room
Official Day 1 vote count #2
YIGAhim V (Feenie, Pendio, A link in Time, Minish_Link, Rainami, Mellow Ezlo)
Storm IV (Storm, CheffOfGames, Lone_Garurumon, Lilac)
A link of Time II (DarthWolf, Kuro)
Mellow Ezlo II (YIGAhim, Zachie)
Lone_Garurumon I (musicfan)
musicfan I (AussieEevee)
Finn Balor I (Finn Balor)
Floppolio I (Floppolio)
Midorikawa I (Bok of the Wild)

Tell me if I missed anything, or anything is wrong :)

Also to touch up I'm now sure that editing is going on and that kinda makes info harder to keep track of.
We've had a Moderator take a look at the thread, and besides some grammar mistakes that required fixing, nothing was edited.
For future reference though

Editing is forbidden, unless it is for a grammatical, spelling or formatting fix.
What is CWAC?
CWAC means Contributing without actually Contributing.
TL;DR. Someone who is CWAC'ing is posting (a lot) but all/most of their posts aren't actually helping the game move forward.

funnier6

Courage~
Maybe we're just seeing it differently. I correctly read you as scum in your second scum game based on the way you played in your first scum game. Why should this be any different?

Regardless, if I see scummy behaviour, whether it's from a new player or an experienced player, I'm going to comment on it. Like I said, I wouldn't have a problem with YIGA if his RVS vote was his only offense. It's the randomly coming into the thread later after it picked up steam, commenting on it, and then still not removing his vote that gets me. Well that may not be mafia behaviour, it definitely isn't pro-town behaviour. At this point, he's my best lead, and I'd way rather lynch him than Storm right now.

That's a good example, or it would be if I hadn't posted tons more in that game then Yiga has, I had way more things to analyze and get a read on then Yiga so I still think we don't have enough information.

I think we should be looking elsewhere tbh, oh yeah I almost forgot.

@Domozilla777 @musicfan you are confirming you're masons 100%? No take backsies.

Kuro

caw
@EMIYA Shirou Sorry if I'm wrong, but I gather a lot of your reasons to vote Ezlo are meta-based. Since I've never played with him before, can you sell me, who agrees with a lot of his points and thinks he's actually doing helpful stuff unlike a lot of other players, on this?

Kuro

caw
And for that matter, it seems you're not voting anyone, may I ask you to decide on something?

funnier6

Courage~
Official Day 1 vote count #2
YIGAhim V (Feenie, Pendio, A link in Time, Minish_Link, Rainami, Mellow Ezlo)
Storm IV (Storm, CheffOfGames, Lone_Garurumon, Lilac)
A link of Time II (DarthWolf, Kuro)
Mellow Ezlo II (YIGAhim, Zachie)
Lone_Garurumon I (musicfan)
musicfan I (AussieEevee)
Finn Balor I (Finn Balor)
Floppolio I (Floppolio)
Midorikawa I (Bok of the Wild)

Tell me if I missed anything, or anything is wrong :)

We've had a Moderator take a look at the thread, and besides some grammar mistakes that required fixing, nothing was edited.
For future reference though

Editing is forbidden, unless it is for a grammatical, spelling or formatting fix.

CWAC means Contributing without actually Contributing.
TL;DR. Someone who is CWAC'ing is posting (a lot) but all/most of their posts aren't actually helping the game move forward.

Um, I'm voting Mez. Aka Mellow Ezlo.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
That's a good example, or it would be if I hadn't posted tons more in that game then Yiga has, I had way more things to analyze and get a read on then Yiga so I still think we don't have enough information.

I think we should be looking elsewhere tbh, oh yeah I almost forgot.

@Domozilla777 @musicfan you are confirming you're masons 100%? No take backsies.
yes we are masons and I can be 100 sure that dom is not a scum mason because of who we are.

• funnier6havent played that much with funny so can get a full read day one close to netural but leaning town
  • EMIYA Shirou Usally has a more agresive play style but it is day one other then that nothing out of the orfinary
  • Storm is storm he is a wild card but he is always seems to be town
  • CheffOfGames not enough to read
  • Pendio leaning scummy buecause of inactivity he usally pops in every now and then did not call out due to it being day one and he is a busy persom
  • A Link In Time same play style as im used to a little bit over agressive that usally gets him hung
  • Mellow Ezlo was calm when the votes were on him
  • Zachie is being replaced
  • Domozilla777 fellow mason
  • Minish_Link their play stle is consitent with what I have seen
  • AussieEevee not enough to read
  • musicfan myself
  • Feenie netural but leaning town
  • Midorikawa not enough activity
  • Bok of the Wild nothing has really stood out might post more
  • Floppolio only made one post
  • Space nothing has really stood out might post more
  • YIGAhim nothing has really stood out might post more
  • Finn Bálor not enough to
  • Libk not enough to read
  • Lone_Garurumon
  • DarthWolf
  • Lilac New player want to give the benift of the doubt will chnage if new information is brought to light
  • Rainami dont know their play style has posted some substance but a lot of fluff I may have biased due to avy
  • Kuro pure nurtral I dont know your play style but I like how agresive you are as a player but at the name time you come off as trying to hard

D

Deleted member 14134

On the issue of Storm I don't think lynching him is a good idea. TO be honest I don't believe his role claim at all and I feel like his attitude and play style is just him trying to be difficult. Kind of annoying cuz he's hurting whichever side he's on when he plays like this. I don't think anything he's done is alignment indicative, we've seen things like this before from him.

Alright so I wanted to give Yiga a chance to respond to mine and other people inquiries before I said anything about him but since he hasn't this is what I think. Last game I played with him he had a similar attitude towards day one's even though that game had gotten serious fairly quickly to. After asking him what his thoughts were on a certain issue day one he responded that he doesn't think day ones are very important as they are mostly rvs and joke votes despite the day getting off to a serious start. I took this as, either he wasn't making an effort to read or he was making a very poor excuse to lay low and not contribute any thoughts that might incriminate him. He did end up being scum in that game. This game he seems to be doing the same thing. He came on and responded to the Mez wagon dissolving which means that he must have at least read some of the thread and seen it got serious but once again decided to lay low despite several people asking for his thoughts.

There are still a few hours in the day but it looks like he's electing to lay low again which I really don't like based on last game. @YIGAhim if you're here please come and give us your thoughts on something otherwise I feel like you're the best candidate to be lynched right now.

Vote: Yigahim

Floppolio

Queen of all
well I'm here and read up, I have a few town reads but no scum reads good enough for a vote.
Unvote: Flopplio
I'm also ill and unable to think straight so please excuse me I will be back tomorrow with better reads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom