• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuro

caw
Yesterday morning...? You said that a few hours ago? In the context of those same posts?
Oh, never mind, I get it. Still don't see how suddenly she can state her reasoning for what she does and yet she's wishy-washy for daring to change her mind on things?

Oh, never mind, I get it. Still don't see how suddenly she can state her reasoning for what she does and yet she's wishy-washy for daring to change her mind on things?

It's not that she changed her mind, it's the way she went about it. "Ehhhh, I'm not sure about this" can be standard town paranoia, but it can also be distancing, and I'm especially keen to this second case as I just did this as scum on Day 1 of the anime game that just wrapped up here on ZD. I want to hear her explanation. I appreciate the bit of meta I got from the other person from BG who replied to me, but I prefer a direct source.

Kuro

caw
It's not that she changed her mind, it's the way she went about it. "Ehhhh, I'm not sure about this" can be standard town paranoia, but it can also be distancing, and I'm especially keen to this second case as I just did this as scum on Day 1 of the anime game that just wrapped up here on ZD. I want to hear her explanation. I appreciate the bit of meta I got from the other person from BG who replied to me, but I prefer a direct source.
Ah, I see.

Kuro

caw
Hold on, checking back, yes, you town read her for a fair reason, but the cases you said you agreed with? A. They came later. B. They were sheeping music's reasoning and a misunderstanding of YIGA, respectively. So I think it's disingenuous of you to call her wishy-washy for deciding she wasn't sure about someone else's case hours later with explanation, not just "ehhh, not sure", and admitting she based a vote on misunderstanding someone?

CheffOfGames

CheffOfClaims
Welp, this was one heck of a read on an early Monday morning... But reads, here I go

Feenie: doesn't strike me as odd because this is pretty much how I know her to play, town read

Lone_Garurumon: his vote on Mez is not odd imo, this is just how he is playing lately, aside from that not much activity, neutral read

Kuro: just as Feenie a town read, very active and working towards a scum loss

Mez: don't know him very well so I can't meta him, actions seem like things mafia would do imo scum lean

Storm: very weird and the claim that he can't post on uneven days seems like an excuse for being lurking, especially since Dylan posted after Storm did and probably read up on the thread. Main scum read

Bok: seems to work very anti scum, town lean

Funnier: town read, I like his activity

Because of this I will Unvote: Whoever I voted for and Vote: Storm

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Finally caught up after having to re-read the new stuff twice to gather my thoughts. Not used to this many people in a game.

I don't think I should be compared to last game tbh, this is a completely different beast to anything I've ever played. I'm trying super hard though.

I honestly don't see why you're so against people using your meta to read you. We're just using it as a reference, and it does really give insight on how to read you. I happen to agree with the town reads on you so far, since you are playing similar to the previous game. The size of the game doesn't really matter, it's your actions.

In the meantime, foolproof scumtest guys, what's your favorite eeveeloution? Mine is Espeon.

That one episode where the brothers were pushing the younger brother to choose an eeveeloution for his Eevee and he didn't want him to evolve made me really sad. So I like the original Eevee.

Also, I know I said Feenie looks good to me, but if Alit ever dies and flips scum, then I think there's a good chance Feenie will be too.

Do you think ALIT would be putting Feenie as a town read and saying how much he likes what she has said so far this early in the game if they're scumbuds? I mean, I could potentially see it but it seems a bit risky to make that big of a connection with each other when they could lay low for now.

Speaking of that I strongly dislike this post. I'ma reread it later and see if I still hate it, my emotions are defecting rn.

What exactly did you dislike about the post?

I decided to switch my vote to yiga because yiga is oddly persistent on lynching Mellow for seemingly no reason at all and it strikes me as a little weird. He's barely posted or contributed this phase at all and the few things he's said is just him being disappointed if a Mellow lynch didn't occur. If he wants a Mellow lynch to happen so badly, then he should advocate for it more and give reasons on why we should vote Mellow and make it happen.

I like this post and have liked Feenie's posts in general so far. I feel like she's truly trying to think through the game and is posting as her thoughts change without overthinking it too much. Gives me a town vibe there.

I'm actually referring to Bok's consistent posting. It's the first time I've seen him step his game up and post frequently, which shows that he's grown exponentially as a player. He'll be a tough opponent in the games to come for you and me both.

Hmm, this strikes me as a bit odd. Bok is usually a pretty strong poster, which goes against what you said. I don't disagree with your town lean on him, as he seems to be his usual townie self so far, but I don't quite think your reasoning is solid.

yeah, not worth it/not feeling it. if Storm couldn't post then he could have just liked posts or something to get the message across but w/e.

Mezlo kinda touched on this a bit before, but Storm is a bit of weird situation. If any of the Bulba people want to look a little more into what I mean, you can read the first day of recent Legend of Korra game. Because of that, I don't put a whole lot of stock in him claiming he can only reply on odd days. But I also don't scum read him for that either. It's honestly just hard to read him, as he does scummy things and tries to get himself lynched as town a lot.

probably wont post much tn but hi im jamie
Oh boy, Jamie's here.
Can't wait to finally lynch you for once. :P

Anyways, I guess I don't really have any overtly scummy suspicions about anyone right now. But I usually don't day 1, and with this many people it makes it even harder as scum can blend in easily.
I do want to see what Lone_Garurumon has to say though. I think that could possibly help with some reads.

Lone_Garurumon

Standing Out
I do want to see what Lone_Garurumon has to say though. I think that could possibly help with some reads.
YOUR WISH IS MY COMMAND!

What type of contribution are you expecting?
A proper interaction, a serious vote, just anything that's not joking or just talking about nothing.

He joined a joke random lynch when he said there would be no information to gain from that lynch.
There was nothing to gain as it stood. Once I actually got serious, suddenly you could analyse my vote properly, and then people could analyse your analyses, and suddenly the game has started moving and is going seriously. Now we can look at not only any votes on me/people who reacted to me, we could also now gain real information from the Mellow lynch since, if people don't come off/go on now, there's probably a reason.

I also find myself agreeing with funnier over Garumon's joke vote. It seems like he went to great lengths to explain why he did so. Joke votes aren't something to be taken seriously, and he seems to be stretching to justify himself, especially since the game had mainly been RVS up to when he voted Mezlo so expecting concrete posts from him is strange.
That's because it wasn't a joke vote. I made a serious vote on Mellow for serious reactions. If expecting concrete posts is strange because it's still the joke stage, how are you ever supposed to move beyond the joke stage?

Yet he joins a random lynch bandwagon. I understand the 2nd part but there have been people who are more inactive or active who havent said much but he jmps on the band wagon of one.
I wasn't going to go for inactives because inactivity in D1 is not alignment indicative, sometimes people are just busy. What is indicative, is being active but doing nothing productive with your posts. There may have been others that posted more, but Mellow was the one who stuck in my mind as CWACing.

so you're saying that I...
max_cool_big.jpg

Stand out!
Goddammit Darth. This never fails to make me chuckle.

Vote: Storm
THE HELL IS THIS!? And you people are ok with this!? This is just a normal thing!?

I'm not going to say anything about the vote itself, because several people already have, but I am going to ask why you picked me over any of the other players? At that point in the game, there were players with higher post counts than myself who also hadn't contributed anything. But it seemed like you singled me out for some reason. Why? Was it because I already had votes and it was an easy wagon? Or was it because I had votes and therefore would've been easy to pressure me? Either way, it looks bad. There were more than enough votes on me already at that point, and while none were serious, you'd be better off applying pressure to someone else with less votes.
You were just the one who stuck in my mind. There may have been others, but you were the one I remembered.

I wouldn't have even reacted to it initially due to the rest of my votes being jokevotes, I would've probably dismissed yours as a joke vote as well, so you wouldn't have gotten what you wanted out of your vote.
Oh wouldn't I? The vote was only half to point out that I didn't like what you were doing. The other half of it was so people would see something serious, and actually get serious in return.
I must say though that you're looking better to me now. You've actually showed up and said something helpful and relevant, and that makes me at least feel a bit better about you.
Unvote: Mellow Ezlo

Like I said the reason will be found out if I die or he dies.
I think I know what this is saying, but it's a super risky thing to try as scum, and I don't know why you'd just come out and say it as Town.

Alright, so, some thoughts on the game.

Mellow Ezlo: Looking better. They've only made one post, but they said a lot and I'm honestly good with the way they've responded to this whole thing.

Funnier, musicfan, and Bok of the Wild: All of three of these are Town reads for pretty much the same reasons; they've been active in trying to scumhunt, to an extent that I just can't see mafia being willing to do. Bok a little less than the other two, but still a solid Town lean.

Storm: I just don't get this guy. First he asks for a sub, doesn't say anything but now seems to not want one? Votes for themself, claims to be only able to post on odd days, yet they've posted several times today and not one of our four hosts has done anything about it, which makes me not believe them in the slightest.

YIGAhim: Nothing to say that hasn't already been said, but they're looking mighty suspicious with how they seemed very eager for a Mellow lynch to actually say they weren't happy when it looked like it wouldn't happen.

It's just too weird and self-contradictory to ignore.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
You've been questioned about this a few times already, but I don't recall ever seeing a response from you, despite that you've been on and posting otherwise. Was this a town or a scum lean, and what gives you the idea?

Sorry posts keep randomly appearing a few pages back like people are editing them or something and it's throwing me off. I feel like Bok is leaning town due to his activity and due to his former play style in the recent games i've read through.

I've also read through D1 of the recent korra game and understand what you meant about Storm, but he still seems off to me. As someone else has said before, why try to sub out, vote yourself, and then say you can only post on even days?

So until further notice...

Unvote: Storm

yeah, not worth it/not feeling it. if Storm couldn't post then he could have just liked posts or something to get the message across but w/e.

Lastly, in not liking Space's post about Storm. He jumped off Storm after hearing basically everything I just relisted above and then moved over to removing pressure from Garu. I'm starting to get a slight town feel from Garu now after all the pressure from others and his recent defense that I asked for. But regardless of Storm's personality, he can't just be ruled out due to past games, or in Space's case, just accepting what Storm said about his role like it was nothing.

Rainami

locked away
I dunno. I'd rather have storm subbed out, so we can actually talk to somebody willing to be coherent about this game. Then we can determine what to think of the role.

Kuro

caw
At least a few of those posts randomly appeared once a mod got around to approving them since the poster still needed to raise their postcount.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom