• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Games you like that are hard to find fans of

Most of us like Zelda here, but we like other games too. Sometimes it feels like we're the only ones who like a certain game because no one else mentions them and they dont have much of a vocal following or dedicated forums.

Which games do you love that you cant find any fans of to nerd out with?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Zelda is the big one for me. Hardly anyone I know is a fan. I know two people who I have met and one lives far away. Any British person who likes the series knows how hard it is to find fellow enthusiasts.

I am not a fan of any other franchises where it is hard to find those who have played and enjoy them. And often if I find friends that haven't played any other game or series I like then I make them play. I cant do that with Zelda because it is a Nintendo game and I know two people that own Nintendo consoles and those are the ones who have already played Zelda.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I love Xenoblade Chronicles more than anything, but finding anyone who likes it or has even heard of it is very difficult, since the game is quite rare. I would love to talk about it and Xenoblade Chronicles X more, but well, it's pretty much impossible with such a small and spreaded fanbase.

Lost Kingdoms. Definitely Lost Kingdoms. It's a shame too, because those games are really good and very fun, but it's a Gamecube era game and not a lot of people had those, apparently. Best part about it though is that when you DO happen to find a fan, your reactions are the same:

"HOOOOOOOOLY SHIIT YOU ALSO HAVE HEARD OF THAT SERIES BEFORE!?!?!?"

Lost Kingdoms. Definitely Lost Kingdoms. It's a shame too, because those games are really good and very fun, but it's a Gamecube era game and not a lot of people had those, apparently. Best part about it though is that when you DO happen to find a fan, your reactions are the same:

"HOOOOOOOOLY SHIIT YOU ALSO HAVE HEARD OF THAT SERIES BEFORE!?!?!?"

I had those :)
I had a crush on the girl in the second one.
I had no idea what i was doing though.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
I love Xenoblade Chronicles more than anything, but finding anyone who likes it or has even heard of it is very difficult, since the game is quite rare. I would love to talk about it and Xenoblade Chronicles X more, but well, it's pretty much impossible with such a small and spreaded fanbase.
I'd extend this to the xeno series in general,heck you think like even half of them even know about xenogears or xenosaga? or on that same note,what about the other operation rainfall games? pandora's tower probably receives the least attention out of any of these
pandora's tower would be my pick for this,it's one of my favorite wii games but it's practically never mentioned

How old were you when you played them?

Very. Probably shouldnt have been trying to play complex card based rpgs at the time.

lk2-1b.jpg

So much HUD

Last edited:
Still though, so much fun...

I realise i replied with 'very' to 'how old were you'... blame the meds. I'm sure you got what i meant though.

I enjoyed what i played of them. Though im certain i was doing it wrong because enemies seemed to take upwards of 20 minutes to take out with the cards i had. Unless they were hard games and i didnt realise.

Needed a lot of blue fairies though.

Sutittaja

Freezing chill
I'd extend this to the xeno series in general,heck you think like even half of them even know about xenogears or xenosaga? or on that same note,what about the other operation rainfall games? pandora's tower probably receives the least attention out of any of these
pandora's tower would be my pick for this,it's one of my favorite wii games but it's practically never mentioned

To be honest, I'm not that familiar with Xenogears or Xenosaga either, since I only had Playstation 2 for short period of time and i never got Playstation 3, but I switched to Wii when it came out.
I love the Operation Rainfall games, i own and really like Pandora's Tower, it's very unique game with cool mechanics. I enjoyed it much more than I anticipated as game with time limit. I haven't played The Last Story myself, but I have seen Let's Play about it, so I know what happens in the game. I agree all of the Operation Rainfall games are severly underrated, but I myself love all of them, specially Xenoblade.

I would have said Gravity Rush but the second game narked me and the team dont seem keen in continuing so nevermind, even though the worlds were cool and characters dignified and interesting.

So i'll say Kirby. Plenty of people like Kirby, his last game sold over a million but very few people seem to burrow into the lore, make connections or play for the story. People seem to play his games just for the sake of playing. Trying to find people who are interested in the finer points is bloody difficult.

Djinn

and Tonic
Nah, Zelda seems pretty mainstream to me.

But there are loads of random games that I liked but never really had a community at all because they were jut really obscure.

Like any rpg that is not Final Fantasy or Dragonquest. Things like Lunar are liked but there is not much for it. even other Square stuff like Secret of mana have a community consisting of leftover fan sites from the early 00's

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Man, games like Lost Kingdom's we'll just never see again. The PS2 and Gamecube era were just loaded with those sort of one off titles. You know? Back before the industry was all conquered consolidated under less than half a dozen tyrannical corporate publishers who completely eliminated the middle market and made sure anyone had to pay homage to the corporate overlords before they even thought about buying their way into making a single game? You know? The sort of games that could boast a variety of new and interesting mechanics and stories most of which were broken and illiterate garbage but gamers didn't care because this hobby was still about having fun? Now every game has to be cast from the same mold with derivative cookie-cutter mechanics, brown color pallets, dull insipid narratives that take themselves way too seriously and a complete and utter lack of originality...

okay, rants over. sorry about that.

I will occasionally run into the odd Myst fan. They're surprisingly scarce considering how popular that game was. Few people still seem to appreciate just how brilliant those early games were. I think most people regard it as a disposable fad. Myst Online brought some of them together for a while but it was a joke and it's all but dead now. Even still the game and forums would get one newcomer after another saying they are big long time Myst fans but had no idea Myst Online even exists. I wonder if they're even still holding their fan convention. Myst fans could be an odd bunch and I eventually got sick of em. They're as passionate as any fanbase. But they're few and far between.

I dunno, personally I'm holding out hope that FROM will one day take what they learned from their Dark Souls games and make a new Lost Kingdoms. I can imagine how great it would be then. Plus they've gained a permanent notoriety with that series. So if they decide to do something that, before, they may not have had the clout to make happen, then I think they could do it. It just depends on whether or not they feel like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom