• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Photobucket Is The Devil

Zachie

Moo
Photobucket has recently changed their policy to completely disallow all third-party use of their hosting beyond a very expensive monthly plan. (Image hosting is expensive, and hotlinking makes it more expensive.) With this change, they've started to display this error where other images should be:

photobucketugliness.jpg

As you can imagine, this has the potential to make things on the board look pretty ugly, so if any of your images in your signature are currently linked to photobucket & you want them to keep looking cool I recommend that you upload them to Imgur or somewhere else.

Thanks!

Ninja

Well well well
Thanks for the post!

ImgBB is also a pretty solid website to upload signatures from. Imgur sometimes displays the broken image icon.

Tinypic is also a decent option as well.

Ninja

Well well well
Photobucket owns tinypic so I assume this new policy applies there too.

Ah, I see where that could be an issue. Man, everyone is pissed at Photobucket, lol.

I did a quick search and it looks like there are other Photobucket alternatives from this article, that require no account, such as: CubeUpload, Imgur, Imgbox, and VGY.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I actually stopped using Photobucket in favor of Imgur a while back, because they started really capping everything and not letting you link directly to an image. It kept pulling in a bunch of ads and a whole junky interface rather than letting people just see the image by itself when clicking a link. I was mostly linking images in Skype and IRC chats at the time, so external hosting was a secondary concern.

Most of my friends used Puush, but I didn't like it because it seemed like that site was down a lot and it was unreliable. My tech admin on the forum I ran at the time used Imgur, so I went with that as well because at the time I was focusing on the big picture and letting him make all the technical decisions, including my personal ones.

It looks like Photobucket has only gotten worse since then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom