• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Single Thread of Fate

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
SJFIJDIGFIDFH I finished my picture I guess. This section needs less fics moar art. Link has pink hair to go along with the whole ALttP!Link sprite dilemma, and Zelda's black hair is based off of the old Japanese Zelda Rap commercial.
c15apr2010.jpg

c15apr2010.jpg

c15apr2010.jpg

Dark Princess

Weeaboo :D
=o That's awesome! You did such an amazing job on it! ^^

I love how you put the string around their ring fingers. :3 I also like how you did the hair and the clothing. =o

Your style is extremely amazing. It makes me want to see more of your artwork.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I LOVE THIS. IF ONLY FOR THE FACT LINK HAIR HIS ACTUAL PINK HAIR. THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE ART LIKE THIS.
Zelda looks really great too... I love the detail on her bracelets... :33
And I heard you use a mouse? Man, you have my respect :D

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
I LOVE THIS. IF ONLY FOR THE FACT LINK HAIR HIS ACTUAL PINK HAIR. THERE NEEDS TO BE MORE ART LIKE THIS.
Zelda looks really great too... I love the detail on her bracelets... :33
And I heard you use a mouse? Man, you have my respect :D
yeah, and since I use a mouse, doing stuff like this takes FOREVER. DX

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Good job with this. This is real good, though it is the first time I see Link with different colored hair, Zelda too. But, all in all it's a great render, especially since you used the mouse. :P

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Red string of fate...

This is gorgeous! So colorful! It's so... happy-colored! I really like Link's face here - so soft and innocent.... From speaking with you in the shoutbox and seeing
some of your postings on the subject, you see ALTTP Link as innocent, a "good boy" and it really shows here with the art. It can be difficult to get just the right
facial expressions on a character. I was painting today and trying to *keep* an original character of my own from looking "too innocent" for his role.

I like the ears - almost animal, which is something I prefer on elf-type or long-eared characters, rather than "too human." I don't know, it's just a thing with me.

And the respect for interesting hair colors.
Pink for the win! Also the black on Zelda... the co-writer on my big AU fic insisted on making our "original" Zelda black-haired just because it was unusual, so that's nice to see here with the A Link to the Past version.

I think if you could get Nintendo to pay attention, this would make great official art.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
You made this yourself? The only time I can make anything that's close to being this good is by altering existing images in Photoshop...

It just boggles my mind that people can do this stuff from scratch. I mean, the highlighting on all the different objects, the correct distance between everything, the texture on the background, getting the perfect shape, all the little details like the designs on Zelda's jewelry and clothing... the stars, the fairy.

Interesting that Link has pink hair. It reminds me of ALttP, and gives the image a more anime feel (then again, I'm an anime fan). The string between their ring fingers is a creative touch... yeah, you're definitely passionate about the whole "ZeLink" thing.

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Red string of fate...

This is gorgeous! So colorful! It's so... happy-colored! I really like Link's face here - so soft and innocent.... From speaking with you in the shoutbox and seeing
some of your postings on the subject, you see ALTTP Link as innocent, a "good boy" and it really shows here with the art. It can be difficult to get just the right
facial expressions on a character. I was painting today and trying to *keep* an original character of my own from looking "too innocent" for his role.

I like the ears - almost animal, which is something I prefer on elf-type or long-eared characters, rather than "too human." I don't know, it's just a thing with me.

And the respect for interesting hair colors.
Pink for the win! Also the black on Zelda... the co-writer on my big AU fic insisted on making our "original" Zelda black-haired just because it was unusual, so that's nice to see here with the A Link to the Past version.

I think if you could get Nintendo to pay attention, this would make great official art.
Yes, I always saw ALttP!Link as being an innocent "good boy" as you put it.. I think the whole bunny thing reflects that (even his bunny form was pink!). I'm actually pleased with his expression because he's often depicted as angry-looking, and I don't think he'd always be so focused or mad. I think he needs to smile more. It's actually one of the few times I've been able to draw him to look more male... I have trouble drawing males a lot. I found out that a lot of it is in the nose and chin (straighter nose and more defined chins helps). And I'm the same way with ears... I think to look too human is away from the point that they are NOT just human, they are Hylian, magical beings... I think ears that look less human help emphasize their heritage as magical, "chosen" beings.

And yes, I remember the black-haired Zelda in your fic (with short hair!). I like it better than always having blonde (plus who can forget the Zelda rap? XD)

You made this yourself? The only time I can make anything that's close to being this good is by altering existing images in Photoshop...

It just boggles my mind that people can do this stuff from scratch. I mean, the highlighting on all the different objects, the correct distance between everything, the texture on the background, getting the perfect shape, all the little details like the designs on Zelda's jewelry and clothing... the stars, the fairy.

Interesting that Link has pink hair. It reminds me of ALttP, and gives the image a more anime feel (then again, I'm an anime fan). The string between their ring fingers is a creative touch... yeah, you're definitely passionate about the whole "ZeLink" thing.
I'm actually surprised myself because I never draw backgrounds. If I do, they are usually just random colors but never landscapes. One way to learn to make things from scratch is to drawn random circles and shapes and scribbles all together until you "see" shapes in them (kinda like looking at clouds), and then you just define the shapes you see. And yes, I really love ZeLink because I love fairytale romances. ^_^

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
It does look pretty nice, I like the whole Pink Haired Link thing that makes a hell of a lot of sense for ALttPs sprite, I also like how Zelda has the Black hair, she kinda looks Emo, but hey, thats a better Twilight Princess right there. I don't get the Rign-and-string thing though is that supposed to have some sort of symbolism or is that just there because? Anywho, I really like it, what did you use to make it? Photoshop, Paint, flash or something like that? if so, *Bows Down.* If it was computer made then you're my hero, I can draw that good on paper, but hell, I don't have enough skill/patience to pull it off in a computer.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
In a novel I wrote (that is being looked at by a literary agent, haven't heard back from her), all the people have long ears - they're described as horse-like, and in drawing my characters, I draw these horse-like, lamb-like ears on them. They also have noses that I describe as "dog noses" - not protruding, but wet-ended, pink or black depending upon the person's skintone. I refer to them all as "human" but the story takes place in another world/ another universe, and I used the whole "different ears" trope to denote otherness.

And then, I redisovered the Legend of Zelda. Yep, I like Hylians to have "horse-ears."

When my characters are meant to be utterly human/our world, they have normal ears. When they are to be "other" - long ears are an easy way to do that.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
Oh, this is just lovely! <3
I adore all of the bright, shining colors. Your shading is /amazing/ on this. n-n
And you draw with a mouse? Bravo! I used to use a mouse before I got my tablet, so I know how /long/ and intense it is to draw without one.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Wow, I love it, it is really well done and you are right, we need more threads like this. How did you do all that? It must have taken you ages!

Zeruda

Mother Hyrule
Oh, this is just lovely!
I adore all of the bright, shining colors. Your shading is /amazing/ on this. n-n
And you draw with a mouse? Bravo! I used to use a mouse before I got my tablet, so I know how /long/ and intense it is to draw without one.
I actually didn't start out with such a vivid color scheme in mind, but "cartoony" works always seem to be like that, so I experimented with color. I never start with a background like most people suggest-- instead, I do that last. However, once I completed the couple and started throwing random color into the background, I got different color ideas in my head and made some tweaks. It also probably helps that I've recently found a lot of my old Lisa Frank stuff, and everything Lisa Frank is bright and vivid like this. I've been a fan since I was a child.

As for the shading... well, I have this bad habit of finding all the flaws after the image is done, but I guess that's how I learn. I'm glad you think I did well, though. :>

Wow, I love it, it is really well done and you are right, we need more threads like this. How did you do all that? It must have taken you ages!
It did take me a while... I started around Easter and worked at it for around an hour every night. The hardest part is the linework-- when you have a tablet, I hear it's pretty much just like drawing on paper. However, since I use a mouse, I have to draw click by click by click, so the linework actually took more time than anything else.

Coloring, though... well, that gets to be pretty simple. Just sloppily color in where you want shadow and highlights, and then add and subtract color where necessary. It's easier to color in quick, short strokes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom