• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
@Mido isn't that what a 0 point warning is for. When you don't actually punish them but give them a warning.

Also out of the current staff team who's gonna do it case by case.

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
I think that putting some indicator on a thread that is 6 months dead to warn the poster that they are necromancing is all that's needed. It could be an icon, or a tag, or something else. But what I'm getting at is that the descision should be in the user's hands. An indicator would help them make the choice by serving as a reminder that necromancy is usually frowned upon but if they have anything to say that would genuinely contribute to the thread, go for it. That's just my input in the matter.

Mido

Version 1
@Mido isn't that what a 0 point warning is for. When you don't actually punish them but give them a warning.

Yes. I was just noting that necromancy, as far as the severity of the offense is concerned, doesn't necessarily require official warnings.

Anyone who is available to address it at the time of observing a respective occurrence of necromancy, I suppose.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake

0 point warning is for people who committed an actual offense and the staff believe it requires actual action to prevent it from happening again. Inappropriate Necromancy only requires a response to the thread in question. I'm not being over the top, I think it's dumb to give an official warning for something like that.

I think that putting some indicator on a thread that is 6 months dead to warn the poster that they are necromancing is all that's needed. It could be an icon, or a tag, or something else. But what I'm getting at is that the descision should be in the user's hands. An indicator would help them make the choice by serving as a reminder that necromancy is usually frowned upon but if they have anything to say that would genuinely contribute to the thread, go for it. That's just my input in the matter.
Why not have a note before each post saying remember not do to x y and z? If they are way back on page 50 they should be aware it's an old thread. Idk I don't really care at the end of the day I just don't see it as necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
0 point warning is for people who committed an actual offense and the staff believe it requires actual action to prevent it from happening again. Inappropriate Necromancy only requires a response to the thread in question. I'm not being over the top, I think it's dumb to give an official warning for something like that.

Agree to disagree.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
I brought this up in the shoutbox but I doubt Mods or Ads will see it there, so I have brought it to this thread.

As I want to help this site grow with contributing however I can, I was wondering why we don't have a Zelda-related writing forum in the Zelda section. First and foremost, this is a major Zelda forum/site, and I think that having had Zelda-related stories mixed with the non-Zelda stories was a bad/terrible idea. Why not give Zelda its own writing section? In my opinion, it would make it easier for folks to find Zelda stories, fanfics, etc. I'm ready to contribute in that area if it happens.

Djinn

and Tonic
We never had anything Zelda related fiction-wise, just the article center from a few years back that has been retired now. I think after that no one within the staff having much of a personal interest in fanfiction just did not consider anything like that, while others assumed that the current writing section of the Fanworks section was good enough for that type of thing.

So far there hasn't been a huge demand for Zelda specific writing for it to gain a special section. That could change following a reasonable demand for it.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
We never had anything Zelda related fiction-wise, just the article center from a few years back that has been retired now. I think after that no one within the staff having much of a personal interest in fanfiction just did not consider anything like that, while others assumed that the current writing section of the Fanworks section was good enough for that type of thing.

So far there hasn't been a huge demand for Zelda specific writing for it to gain a special section. That could change following a reasonable demand for it.
You're right. Then again, the writing section is sorta dead, so why bother opening a section just for Zelda, eh? I just had to try. :P Guess if I write anything, I will just continue posting in the usual writing section.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Unfortunately since we haven't had much writing in general lately (probably less than 5 threads this year) there likely isn't enough demand for a separate section, I'd agree. Should the activity pick up and a few writers revive the section we might think about it eventually but for now I'd imagine the new forum would be rather empty as the current general writing one is now.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I suggest stickying the new thread in the media section by @Spirit for sharing what upcoming releases we are excited for. We always have upcoming releases on our minds and I know it will be a popular place to post.

hestu-zelda-explode-zelda-botw.jpg

Thank you! <3

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Got a warning for posting a status that was a jpeg of George Washington with the words "**** the king" on it, because it was "inappropriate."

Cursing is common on these forums and when administrative actions like this occurs, it makes the staff look like Nintendo. Which is to say, not understanding of their base.

Having policies that censor users on a site with relatively low activity in the first place is not a smart thing to have. My suggestion is to cease enforcement of these rules or to get rid of them altogether because it just makes people not even want to even bother.

Reactions: Dio

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Got a warning for posting a status that was a jpeg of George Washington with the words "**** the king" on it, because it was "inappropriate."

Cursing is common on these forums and when administrative actions like this occurs, it makes the staff look like Nintendo. Which is to say, not understanding of their base.

Having policies that censor users on a site with relatively low activity in the first place is not a smart thing to have. My suggestion is to cease enforcement of these rules or to get rid of them altogether because it just makes people not even want to even bother.

I agree with this. This is a small community and its not going ever be this big all inclusive forum for everyone. We have just had a major Zelda release and activity here pales in comparison to the Skyward Sword days. So let that sink in. This is as good as its gonna get right now and pissing off current members is not the way to go.

Swearing is commonplace here because this is a forum mainly comprised of teens and grown ups and that is the type of language we clearly like to use. Just because it might cause some mothers to not let their 4 year olds use the forums is not a sensible strategy because they aren't the ones that are going to stick around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom