• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Your Favorite Ganon Fights

Your absolute favorite fight with Ganon?

• Zelda I

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Link to the Past

• Oracle of Ages/Seasons

• Ocarina of Time

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Wind Waker

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Four Swords Adventures

• Twilight Princess

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Link Between Worlds

• Breath of the Wild

• Total voters

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Alright, so I just wrapped up Breath of the Wild and was comparing several things about it to other games. One of the first things that came to mind: the final fight with Ganon. Note that I will be going into detail about the fight against Ganon in BotW, so if you haven't beaten him yet and don't wanna be spoiled, don't worry, it'll be in a spoiler tag. Gotta include it though since that's kind of the whole point.

And yeah, this only includes Ganon fights. Not fights against Thunderbird or Phantom Train or whatever.

Zelda 1: Ganon teleports around the room as a weird blue sprite ball. I guess you just have to keep swinging your sword at random until you hit him since he's invisible? After you hit him a few times and he turns red, you finish him with the silver arrow. Can be a very short fight (one minute or even less) if you know what you're doing.

Zelda II: No Ganon fight.

Link to the Past: A fight against Ganon in two phases. First phase is just beating the crap out of him, then the lights go out and he disappears. When he comes back and you hit him, he turns a stony blue color, which is your cue to hit him with the silver arrows.

Ocarina of Time: A multi-phase battle. First phase is magical volleyball. Then it turns into "escape the collapsing castle". Then finally, a one-on-one fight with the giant pig beast himself.

Majora's Mask: No Ganon fight.

Link's Awakening: No Ganon Fight

OoX: There's only a Ganon fight if you beat the games with a password. The fight in each game is identical. Ganon teleports around the room shooting projectiles and using his trident. You hit him a bunch with your sword and he eventually dies.

Four Swords: No Ganon fight.

Wind Waker: A multi-phase fight. First he starts as a puppet, then a spider, then a weird worm thing, where you shoot him in the weak point until he falls. Then you take him one on one (kind of) in a sword fight.

Four Swords Adventures: Two phases. First you fight him as normal, then in the GBA SP screen against Stalfos. Then Zelda gives you some magic power and you finish the job.

Twilight Princess: Probably the longest Ganon fight. Starts as Zelda with light ball tennis, then beast Ganon, then you fight him on horseback, THEN you fight him one on one in sword combat.

Phantom Hourglass: No Ganon fight

Spirit Tracks: No Ganon Fight

Skyward Sword: No Ganon fight

Link Between Worlds: This is a tricky one, since its a Yuga/Ganon combo, but I'll count it since it mostly looks like Ganon. The fight starts out as simple, just hit him when he's open after an attack, then phase two, go into the walls and try to hit him from behind after hitting him with light arrows given to you by Zelda mid-fight.

Breath of the Wild

You take on a giant amalgamation of Ganon. He has all sorts of weapons that he flails at you while you smack him out in any way you can. It gets to a point where you need to reflect his attacks back at him with parries. Then he transforms into a giant pig that shoots lasers, in which you shoot his weak points on his side when they appear while on horseback.

So those are all the Ganon fights, in case you forgot. My personal order would go as such (not inlcuding FSA since I've never played it all the way through):

TP > WW > LBW > BotW > OoT > LttP > OoX > LoZ

Vote for your favorites and make your arguments, have a good ol' time.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
TP is hands down the best Ganon fight in Zelda. I just completed BotW and that fight is a very close second for me. Definitely my new favorite version of Ganon though.

Here are my top 5 Ganon fights:

TP > BotW > OoT > WW > LBW

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
I voted TP, which edges just a bit over WW for me. Didn't like the horseback portion but the rest was epic. WW had great atmosphere but was a little simple.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I voted TP but there is not much between that and his OOT battles. With four parts to the TP fight it seems this version of Ganon is much more enduring than any of his past incarnations. It really seems as though he isn't going to die. Unfortunately like every other enemy in the game, he dishes out a pitiful amount of damage.

OOT is my close second. I love the first stage of the battle the most with the build up enhanced by The Dorf playing his own organ music as you ascend to the top of the tower. Then there is the great energy ball tennis match that follows where his balls do an appropriate amount of damage if they hit you. Then once that is over he tries to crush you in his castle as you try to escape it.

Finally from the rubble he re-emerges and transforms into his bestial form and creates a flaming arena in which to do battle. The lightning in the background and dim lighting adding to the atmosphere.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I have to go with Wind Waker, the atmosphere really makes the final battle, fighting alongside Tetra/Zelda was fun, and the sword fight is really awesome and fun. Breath of the Wild is an extremely close second for similar reasons, Ganon's unique depiction in it really rocketing it up my list.

Wind Waker;

• Great setting
  • Great build up
  • Fighting along side Zelda was nice
  • Music was awesome
  • The final blow is very surprising the first time you see it and always satisfying
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Breath of the Wild
4. A Link to the Past
5. Twilight Princess
6. A Link Between Worlds

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Hmm... the number one spot is somewhat difficult for me. It's a toss up between those of Twilight Princess and The Wind Waker. Both of them have excellent presentation and a really fun, epic climactic one-on-one duel with Ganon. I think overall, though, I like TWW's more because I just have more fun with it, and nothing beats watching a kid epically jump up and thrust the Master Sword right into Ganon's head. While I think the battle in TP was more difficult, had better presentation, and was more epic, I think TWW's had a better climax and was just in general more fun, as I feel like TP's just unnecessarily drags on and on.

Runner up is Ocarina of Time, just because the final battle with Ganon is one of the most epic moments in Zelda, even if the battle isn't overly difficult and drags on a bit.

Amy Lu Minati

The Triangle conspiracy
Wind Waker;

• Great setting
  • Great build up
  • Fighting along side Zelda was nice
  • Music was awesome
  • The final blow is very surprising the first time you see it and always satisfying
2. Ocarina of Time
3. Breath of the Wild
4. A Link to the Past
5. Twilight Princess
6. A Link Between Worlds
AAAAAAAMEN! ALBW is the only Zelda game that I haven't even played yet... But that WW fight was the only reason to play that game! And it was WORTH ALL THE DANG SAILING!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It's a tie between TP and OoT for the first place and WW a close sec. I love the nostalgic feeling the battle with Ganon gave me in OoT. I love the hand on hand combats in both WW and TP. BotW Ganon didn't give me an epic feeling and the horseback part was a freaking joke in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom