• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rise of the Dragir

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Thank you guys. Not much of a battle, see? But just consider it a meeting between them. All Ganondorf wanted was the baby, and Atsuma was there to make sure he did not get his hands on it, so it really wastn't meant as an epic battle...not yet at least. :P

A loud blast was heard as two sizzling balls of fire proceeded to hit Ganondorf squarely in the torso. The blast sent him crashing through the wall and to the outside, but Atsuma did not know whether that would be the end of it. He surely hoped so.

He quicky threw the pistol on the bed and opened his satchel with his free hand, trying to locate the silvery gemstone.

Qetz was up again and headed to take a look through Ganondorf's opening on the wall. He could not see anything of him and said, "We must hurry, master. That sure was one heck of a shot, but I doubt that foe has been defeated, I felt strong dark magic within him."

Atsuma nodded at the mighty war beast and he suddenly found his hand holding the gemstone. At that same time, Atsuma, Lady Cleo and Qetz heard the soldiers running down through the hallway and then down the stairs.

"They appreciate their life," Qetz said, noticing the last soldier running by the door.

"And they do well," Atsuma responded. "But we must...hurry too."

He shifted the cute little one over to his left hand and used his right hand to draw the magical portal.

"What...is going on?" Lady Cleo suddenly managed to break her silence. "Please, can I have my baby back?" She tried to stand but Atsuma noticed that she couldn't. He ignored her and continued tracing the door.

When he was done tracing it, he felt the numbness had already reached his waist, and he could not move his legs. He glanced down and noticed that his lower body had turned to something similar to stone, like a statue. He felt very frightened then, and he glanced upon the female hylian and noticed that her lower torso was turning into stone. Lady Cleo shouted frighteningly.

"I...I cannot move my legs, Qetz!" Atsuma shouted as well, a desperate tone in his voice. "That creature did something to me...to us..."

"A petrifying spell," Qetz said as he jumped on the bed, taking a good view at his master's lower body and the beautiful woman's. "He's good, he was able to fire it so soon too. Hurry, before it is too late. Fly in, I will carry your pistol and the woman along."

Atsuma nodded and barely flew in through the portal, for he felt himself so heavy. Would he die? Would he become a statue for all eternity? Had Master Ganondorf manage to win something out of the engagement after all?

What was going to happen to him and to the female? The sickening sensations of time travel took a hold of him as he traveled through the portal, but that did not worry him now. Not even feeling his torso become so heavy would keep him from smiling out. He did smile, feeling very proud of himself. He kept the baby secured as he felt his arms turning to stone. He had saved the baby at least, and Qetz was sure to bring the mother along. The mission had been completed, even if he would live on as a statue of some sorts for all eternity.

(End of Part 9)
(Up Next: Part 10 and Final Part for Rise of The Dragir: Lady Medusa)

*Note: Rise of the Dragir ends with Part 10. What follows after it is the continuation, a new story that will be called: *lol, Well I dont have a name for it now but I will definitely think of something, and you will surely find it.*

*2nd Note: All characters that appeared in this story will appear in the second part as well, the story just goes on with a new name.*

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Ok, Thank you for reading, you all. :D

Part 10
Lady Medusa

Deep in the Slyria Underground Keep

Medusa was what she was known as in the world of mortal beings. The serpent lady was taller than any other of her sleechur servants, snake-like beings that she had given life too many centuries ago when she had come down to earth.

All of the lady's hair, which were living, writhing reddish serpents, had fallen to the ground that time, and the sleechurs had come to be. She now had a massive army, and had plans to expand that army further, however she could only let her hair fall only once per year.

She had tan skin and the lower body of a serpent, her upper torso was as beautiful as any hylian female's was. She carried many amulets and collars around her neck and her wrists and arms, and all of them were imbued with some sort of magic.

Her eyes were lined with darkness fading to a dark red tone, and she wore a golden diadem on her forehead.

Her personal chamber was wide and mostly covered in darkness, with many remains of dead beings scattered all over the place. It smelt sickening but Medusa had adapted to the sick, rotting smells that permeated her room. The walls were dark reddish and gave out a weird smell. Orihalcon grew there too, but in small portions. With it, Medusa had created her throne and many other things that laid scattered about the place.

Lady Medusa felt saddened at what she had seen on her massive display mirror, which she had magically created on a wall to the side. The dragir that had confronted Ganondorf, her ally for now, had done good, even though Ganondorf had managed to hit him with a petrifying spell. The dragir had blasted the Dark Lord away but had not defeated him. It had defeated him temporarily for the night. That scene unfolding had made the lady serpent cackle in delight. Ganondorf was a tough one, she knew, for she had been observing him for long now. His knowledge in the magical arts was great, and he had a long way to go still. But as she had seen, he was weak, and that was good.

She pondered on something personal as she noticed the heavenly warbeast, a beast she knew too well. She saw Qetz flying into the portal with the hylian female hanging from the creature's mouth. The pistol, she noticed, Qetz had secured using his two front paws.

"That Qetz is sure handy," she told herself and laughed halfheartedly. "He could be of some use to me."

But her thoughts drifted back to that handsome dragir that had saved the newborn from Ganondorf's grasp. Handsome, yes, she thought as she licked her reddish lips in delight. The dragir could be just that...just a dragir, but Lady Medusa, who had grown up in Celestia, the world of the gods, was not too picky when it came to determining who was ugly and who was not. Dragirs were her mortal enemies, descendants of Drakol, a god that had once been her husband back in Celestia.

Her thoughts remained on that creature dragir...who Qetz had been calling Atsuma...

If she knew correctly, and she believed that she did, the dragir folk would not let the savior of the newborn remain imprisoned in its petrified state. If they decided to act accordingly, she knew that perhaps they'd be willing to strike a deal with her, for she was the only being who could restore petrified beings to their normal state. She had brought the curse to earth and she only had the cure.

She grinned, excitedly, her long tail whipping about in the dark room, sending pieces of bones and skulls flying away. A grand opportunity was before her, and she would reach out and take it. "Yes. It will be good to speak with Mirokth once again," she laughed aloud. "Perhaps she has already forgiven me."

(End of Rise of the Dragir. Thanks for reading, don't miss the sequel.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
It's over? The conflict wasn't resolved, though Ganny didn't get the newborn.

Twili Kid

Many pointless questions
Good. Very good. My only advice is to be a bit more concise. There are some parts where the phrasing has too many extra words that you could easily cut down on.

i.e."The dragir had blasted the Dark Lord away but had not defeated him. It had defeated him temporarily for the night."
You could have gone something more like
"The dragir had blasted the Dark Lord away and defeated him, but only for the night."

Thats the only thing I see wrong besides a few typos. Can't wait for the sequel.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
Wow. It's over? You finished it! Congratulations, Atsuma. :)

Let me see if I've got this straight:

Atsuma, a red Dragir of house Zeledon, was summoned away from his warrior training by Master Brute along with several other Dragir. Apparently the Zora, an advanced race of magic users who have decided to ally themselves with the Dragir, have alarming information. Ganondorf's Furrions have teamed up with the Dragir's sworn enemies, the Sleechurs, to escalate the war on Dragiria. What's worse, the Furrions have already successfully conquered the Fairy Realm, and their dark alliance is now poised to attack peaceful Hyrule, a land that is oblivious to the dark forces at work just outside its borders.

Atsuma and his companions are transported to a mysterious temple by the Zora, where they are equipped and briefed on their roles in an important mission. His role in the mission is to kidnap a newborn child, Tetra, from Hyrule Castle in order to protect it from Ganon who will be seeking the child to take her piece of the Triforce, and he is given four magical artifacts to help him infiltrate the castle: a pistol that shoots flame, a summoning tool that brings a beast to aid him, a ring, and a portal-creating stone.

Meanwhile, Hyrule seems to be having its own problems with several pirates turning against the monarchy in a civil war. Little do they know that their magical barrier has been breached, a large invasion force led by the great Furrion warrior Simerus (conqueror of the Fairy world) is bearing down on them, and that Ganondorf is about to turn them all into his monstrous slaves. By the time Atsuma and his allies are deployed, there are only moments before Ganon's forces reach the castle.

Atsuma and friends work quickly to infiltrate the castle, and reach the inner hall without being detected. It becomes clear during this section that his previously antagonistic and uncomfortable relationship with Lexi (who seemed to enjoy testing him) may be turning into friendship and respect.

Unfortunately, he is finally spotted and gets into a confrontation with several guards, who believe him to be a monster. He narrowly avoids being defeated by the skilled guardsmen long enough to call on the power of his summoned beast, Qetz. The sight of the beast is enough to frighten away his attackers.

He arrived with Qetz in the baby's room less than a minute before Ganondorf himself. Lady Cleo is terrified, but reluctantly decides to trust Atsuma over Ganondorf during the course of the battle. Atsuma and Qetz protect the baby and, with the aid of the fairy pistol, manage to stun Ganondorf long enough to escape with the child and her mother. During the course of the battle, however, Ganondorf managed to hit Atsuma with an evil spell that was slowly turning him to stone from the bottom up.

Meanwhile, Lady Medusa of the Sleechur was watching these events unfold in her mirror, which doubled as a scrying pool. She was relieved that Ganon was weak enough to be subdued, even if only temporarily. Though she had allied with him, she did not entirely trust him. Medusa had likely intuitively perceived that Ganondorf was indeed planning to turn on them after they had finished off their common enemies. She now had a bargaining chip with the Dragir, however... she was the only one who could cure Atsuma's condition. She may attempt to use this to strike a bargain with the Dragir, switch sides to protect herself from Ganondorf, and gain the element of surprise. Or she may merely wish to lure the Dragir into a trap. But only time will tell.

Does it seem like I understood the story well enough?

Last edited:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
It's over? The conflict wasn't resolved, though Ganny didn't get the newborn.

Eh, the first part of the story is over. If you read all the Parts, then just know that you read about what basically Athenian just described in her post. :P All I wanted to write about was how Tetra (in this fic) was born way back, not like she was born in the Hyrule you know from WW. She wasn't, as you can see now, she was born centuries ago.

You will still read about how she survived for so long, and made it to the new Hyrule or WW story, etc. I will take you from the past to the present, which would be a grown up Pirate Tetra. I wont say much more, you'll have to read the 2nd part to find out what happens to Ancient Hyrule, Dragiria, Furrion Island, Slyria, etc. ^^

Good. Very good. My only advice is to be a bit more concise. There are some parts where the phrasing has too many extra words that you could easily cut down on.

i.e."The dragir had blasted the Dark Lord away but had not defeated him. It had defeated him temporarily for the night."
You could have gone something more like
"The dragir had blasted the Dark Lord away and defeated him, but only for the night."

Thats the only thing I see wrong besides a few typos. Can't wait for the sequel.

i corrected the typos I found, like three or so. :P And well, your version sounds okay, but I prefer saying stuff in two sentences at times. Nothing bad with that since famous authors do it all the time, even take up to four sentences to make something clear, or to nag the reader about something they should of understood with the first sentence. :P

Wow. It's over? You finished it! Congratulations, Atsuma. :)

Let me see if I've got this straight:

Does it seem like I understood the story well enough?

--You pretty much nailed it, however, Simerus is not headed to Hyrule. He is taking the main fleet over to invade Dragiria, which will be much of what you will read in part 2. Aside from the invasion, there will be too many things going on that I wish I could share now, but lol, no, you will read and find out what is going on. There are probably many questions lingering in your reader minds, like:

What happened with the King and his elite guards? Did they survive that battle with the monsters Ganondorf created out of the pirates?

Why didn't Omega, Yosh, Axle, and Hazel, as well as other Dragir get mentioned much? What happened with Lexi and Kate?

What about Pandora's crew? They were spotted by Ganondorf sailing near the castle, but what of them? And what of the forces the Dark Lord also perceived coming from the north? Who are they? You should know who they are if you read Hel's Gate, or part 2. XD

All this and much more will be made clear when the story continues. Thank you for reading everyone. 2nd part begins maybe tomorrow, or if I feel like introducing the story tonight, I might. :D

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
It's over!!!!!111!one!!1 D:, good job, I really liked the story,but I really didn't like how many of the characters have any "screen time" most the time it was just Atsuma this Atsuma that but that's okay though. Good Job and I would love more.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
It's over!!!!!111!one!!1 D:, good job, I really liked the story,but I really didn't like how many of the characters have any "screen time" most the time it was just Atsuma this Atsuma that but that's okay though. Good Job and I would love more.

Lol, I get what you mean. Yeah, Atsuma took like 70% of the story, but that is okay since part 2 will mostly be about the other characters. I don't think there will be a part three, I will attempt to write the whole Fan Fic in just two parts. And yes, you will get more. :P

Hazel

A Frog
Wowee! Yay for Atsuma! You proved to everyone that you can finish a story! So there, Everyone!
HIP HIP HORAAY! :clap:

Well, good job, very well written, didn't see any typos (but again, didn't look for any), you sure got us all drooling for the rest! Great Work! I'll be following this story for sure!

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
--You pretty much nailed it, however, Simerus is not headed to Hyrule. He is taking the main fleet over to invade Dragiria, which will be much of what you will read in part 2. Aside from the invasion, there will be too many things going on that I wish I could share now, but lol, no, you will read and find out what is going on. There are probably many questions lingering in your reader minds, like:

What happened with the King and his elite guards? Did they survive that battle with the monsters Ganondorf created out of the pirates?

Why didn't Omega, Yosh, Axle, and Hazel, as well as other Dragir get mentioned much? What happened with Lexi and Kate?

What about Pandora's crew? They were spotted by Ganondorf sailing near the castle, but what of them? And what of the forces the Dark Lord also perceived coming from the north? Who are they? You should know who they are if you read Hel's Gate, or part 2. XD

All this and much more will be made clear when the story continues. Thank you for reading everyone. 2nd part begins maybe tomorrow, or if I feel like introducing the story tonight, I might. :D

Thanks. Ah, yeah, I wasn't even thinking of all that... yeah, there's still a lot left to resolve. You've won the battle, now let's see if you can win the war.

Oops. I knew Ganondorf was attacking Hyrule, and that the Furrions were Ganondorf's servants. Plus, Dragiria was going to defend Hyrule from the attack, so even though I knew he was confronting the Dragir, I didn't have a clear idea of where he was confronting them. I just assumed it was Hyrule because I know Hyrule has an ocean, and he was on a ship. It didn't occur to me that Dragiria might have an ocean as well. :embarrassed: Also, it said the weaker Furrion clans were headed to Hyrule, and I forgot that there were two separate contingents of Furrions until I went back and read it.

Thanks for explaining that, it might have made part 2 very confusing for me if I'd gotten those details wrong.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Wowee! Yay for Atsuma! You proved to everyone that you can finish a story! So there, Everyone!
HIP HIP HORAAY! :clap:

Well, good job, very well written, didn't see any typos (but again, didn't look for any), you sure got us all drooling for the rest! Great Work! I'll be following this story for sure!

Lol, thank you once again. XD I have already started the other part, I wanna finish it very soon.

You've won the battle, now let's see if you can win the war.

--You will see. XD

Oops. I knew Ganondorf was attacking Hyrule, and that the Furrions were Ganondorf's servants. Plus, Dragiria was going to defend Hyrule from the attack, so even though I knew he was confronting the Dragir, I didn't have a clear idea of where he was confronting them. I just assumed it was Hyrule because I know Hyrule has an ocean, and he was on a ship. It didn't occur to me that Dragiria might have an ocean as well. :embarrassed: Also, it said the weaker Furrion clans were headed to Hyrule, and I forgot that there were two separate contingents of Furrions until I went back and read it.

--I think I posted a mini map on page 2 or 3 in this story thread. You can see there the continent as it was before the great flood. ^^

--Yes, there were two different fleets, the main one is on its way to invade Dragiria while the other one is headed for Hyrule.

Thanks for explaining that, it might have made part 2 very confusing for me if I'd gotten those details wrong.

--No problem :P

I responded in bold, Athenian, so look in within your quote. :D

Din Akera

Sniper
Well I feel half ways caught up now.
:clap: well done. I enjoyed it very much. As I said before, i enjoy your writing style very much. Havign several story lines going on at once and having them all come together at the end. I liked that some of it was predictible and some was not. You left part one in a interesting spot, but that is good too, because now we all have to go read part 2. lol.
Bravo. *Goes to look for 'Survival of the fittest' thread*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom