• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild [SPOILERS] - BOTW Spoiler Round Up

Tompatuk

Living the dream
Can timeline discussion be left in the time line threads please. Some of us don't really care. This part of the forum is for spoilers not your self indulgent rantings.

I'm loving all the videos going up, I've seen some story parts but nothing that wasn already speculated or hinted at ruining any real story. Can't wait to get my hands on this game and start exploring.

Ganondorf loses it just like Link lost the ToC; it simply leaves his body, and Link most likely would have died in WW if it wasn't for Daphnes wishing for a future for Link and Zelda.
It doesn't just leave Link's body in WW though... Ganondorf summons it from Link's hand, as he does the ToW from Zelda's hand at the same time... neither went to Ganondorf just because their holders had been defeated... it was their being defeated that allowed Ganondorf to take their pieces of the Triforce.

Check the ending of Ocarina of Time, specifically Link reuniting with Zelda in the Child Timeline. He clearly has the brand of the Triforce on his hand.
So he does... missed that... still doesn't change my original point though... the pieces of the Triforce still went to each of the others on their own... no-one took them, no-one gave them away, they just went on their own... they went to whoever who was most worthy, so it follows that they could go to someone else if they were to prove themselves equally worthy.

So he does... missed that... still doesn't change my original point though... the pieces of the Triforce still went to each of the others on their own... no-one took them, no-one gave them away, they just went on their own... they went to whoever who was most worthy, so it follows that they could go to someone else if they were to prove themselves equally worthy.
They went to the exact same owners from the AT to the CT due to Link having the ToC when he returned to the CT; this created a paradox, so the Triforce of Courage of the CT automatically split and went to Link, the other pieces following suit and returning to their owners as well.

They went to the exact same owners from the AT to the CT due to Link having the ToC when he returned to the CT; this created a paradox, so the Triforce of Courage of the CT automatically split and went to Link, the other pieces following suit and returning to their owners as well.
Why are you so hung up on the cause of the Triforce splitting? It's irrelevant.
Whether it was Ganondorf attempting to take the Triforce, or Link returning to the past with the ToC... both caused the Triforce to split, with each of the pieces going to whoever was most worthy... they went to the same people in both timelines because they were the same people in both timelines... they were just as worthy in the child timeline as they were in the adult timeline... no-one forced them to go to who they did, that was just where they were naturally inclined to go.

Why are you so hung up on the cause of the Triforce splitting? It's irrelevant.
Whether it was Ganondorf attempting to take the Triforce, or Link returning to the past with the ToC... both caused the Triforce to split, with each of the pieces going to whoever was most worthy... they went to the same people in both timelines because they were the same people in both timelines... they were just as worthy in the child timeline as they were in the adult timeline... no-one forced them to go to who they did, that was just where they were naturally inclined to go.
That's incorrect, because, by that logic, the Triforce pieces would have automatically gone to Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf immediately upon their birth. The Triforce needed some sort of stimulation to split, whether it be Ganondorf in the Adult and Downfall Timelines or Link in the Child Timelines. This whole argument is irrelevant; it's obvious Zelda has the full Triforce based on a new leaked cutscene showcasing more of that exact scene.

That's incorrect, because, by that logic, the Triforce pieces would have automatically gone to Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf immediately upon their birth. The Triforce needed some sort of stimulation to split, whether it be Ganondorf in the Adult and Downfall Timelines or Link in the Child Timelines. This whole argument is irrelevant; it's obvious Zelda has the full Triforce based on a new leaked cutscene showcasing more of that exact scene.
The Triforce does need to be split in order for the pieces to seek out those who are worthy of possessing each of them... but the cause for that split is irrelevant.
Your argument was based on the fact that
Zelda is seen to be in possession of the complete Triforce
which you are assuming is only possible in the Downfall Timeline because that is the only one where the ToP had been reclaimed from Ganon, and that it is only possible to do so by force. My point is that it's possible for the ToP to have passed from Ganon to another if they had proven themselves worthy, without needing to confront Ganon at all... which means the location of the ToP is largely irrelevant to timeline placement.

ybshbwh.jpg

I'm sharing this again because it's funny, I am sure most of the people here would appreciate the humour and I did put the effort into this meme. I thought it would have more impact than just a few words (though some people on this forum disagree). Enjoy.

Can timeline discussion be left in the time line threads please. Some of us don't really care. This part of the forum is for spoilers not your self indulgent rantings.

You tried. I saw 2 new pages and thought omg what new info came out next? Nope. Just endless conversation about the precise moment the triforce leaves Ganon when he dies...

It's okay though. This is the most active I have seen this forum. Even though the game comes out in like 4 days.

Tompatuk

Living the dream
You tried. I saw 2 new pages and thought omg what new info came out next? Nope. Just endless conversation about the precise moment the triforce leaves Ganon when he dies...

It's okay though. This is the most active I have seen this forum. Even though the game comes out in like 4 days.
True I shouldn't be trying to stifle creativity but I am not a time line theorist, I despise it in all honesty. I don't understand the need for it and I definitely get annoyed by people like above just arguing endlessly about something that means very little.

What did people think of the video showing the cut scene with link and the king? While nothing was a huge supprise I do wonder now if the other champions will only exist in spirit form or have they possessed a living being? A few tasty questions to be answered

hwrdjacob

The Nintendo Knight
The Triforce does need to be split in order for the pieces to seek out those who are worthy of possessing each of them... but the cause for that split is irrelevant.
Your argument was based on the fact that
Zelda is seen to be in possession of the complete Triforce
which you are assuming is only possible in the Downfall Timeline because that is the only one where the ToP had been reclaimed from Ganon, and that it is only possible to do so by force. My point is that it's possible for the ToP to have passed from Ganon to another if they had proven themselves worthy, without needing to confront Ganon at all... which means the location of the ToP is largely irrelevant to timeline placement.
Actually, Zelda is specifically said to
inherit the Triforce in full, and that the Triforce is the Royal Family's Birthright, which applies solely to the NES games
. We also have
Koholint Island's ruins, Rauru Town's Ruins, Lynna City and Horon Village, and finally Romani fields
so the True Child Timeline theory (see signature) is basically gridlocked into being the sole sensical placement for BotW, and failing that at the bare minimum post AoL

Actually, Zelda is specifically said to
inherit the Triforce in full, and that the Triforce is the Royal Family's Birthright, which applies solely to the NES games
The line is
set to inherit a sacred power
... it doesn't actually say she did inherit that power, only that she was going to... and the power it's referring to may not actually be the full Triforce... it could just be the ToW, or even the power of Hylia... both of which Zelda is set to inherit in all of the timelines.

We also have
Koholint Island's ruins, Rauru Town's Ruins, Lynna City and Horon Village, and finally Romani fields
so the True Child Timeline theory (see signature) is basically gridlocked into being the sole sensical placement for BotW, and failing that at the bare minimum post AoL
Those are as much of an argument for a timeline placement as the Korok are... just because they've only been seen in one timeline does not mean they cannot exist within others.

I think this might bring the three timelines together, not in a big cataclysmic canon rewrite, but just in the fact that it could equally be argued to show up at the end of any of the lines...

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Hello what's going on family here again with some BOTW early news. So the Guardians were shown in the E3 trailer to be quite formidable right? and I recall myself saying they were easy peasy lemon squeeze my booty right? Well it's wrong. Because Guardians are insane. Their defense ratings far exceed any regular foe, and couple that with a ridiculous moveset and HP pool and you really just don't want to fux with them. I was using equipment found in Hyrule Castle (26+ rating) and even after several flurry rushes I simply wasn't making much of a dent. Then at the end of this singular shrine, the guardian shoots four lasers in quick succession; the problem with this is there is literally no escape except frame perfect parrying. but good luck with that lmaooo

Shrine: Muwo Jeem

Anyway what did you think don't forget to leave a like comment and subscribe

From the looks of this, it seems Link doesn't have the right kind of sturdy weapons to defeat this enemy as it takes forever. Maybe too soon to enter that shrine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom