• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Wii U version or Switch version

Scribear

Your Best Friend (rupee free)
So you'd be weighing up the added price of buying both versions against the potential for the price to go down by the time you get a Switch.
I see your point and it does make me think. But I think when I do buy a Switch I might not buy BotW for it unless I was given a gift card or asked for it as a present. (Which I how I got the wii u version of BotW)

You could also buy the Wii U version and not buy the Switch version.
I'm one of those that have Twilight Princess for Gamecube and not Wii just because and I STILL enjoy it on Gamecube.

For me, in addition to the technical benefits (graphics, audio, loadtimes, etc.) the biggest reason that made me decide to get the Switch version is the portability. Playing on my commute and during downtime at school and work is going to be awesome.

Wii U. I know it's probably dumb to have bought a Wii U when I did to wait for the upcoming Zelda announced for it to be released, but I bought the Wii U for Breath of the Wild. I'll get a Switch eventually, because I don't think it's a smart purchase right now with the minimal amount of titles available right now. Maybe at the end of the year if and when the price goes down and stuff like Mario Odyssey are already out or on the verge of being released. And I'd like to have a Switch when there's a Zelda going to be developped for it from the ground up, and not something that was initially planned for a console at the end of it's support/new game cycle to be ported/made a version for their new console. Just like when TP came out for GC and Wii, I'm so glad now that I held off and saved money for a Wii because I'm betting I would've been kicking myself for not being patient and saving just a little more money...

Since I was planning on getting the Switch anyway, I got the Switch version. XD The portability is an added bonus for me.

Dern

Site Staff
I love my Wii U, but I've preordered a Nintendo Switch and Breath of the Wild for it. I want to have the definitive edition (updated visuals/sound), because that's pretty cool. But playing it on the go will be amaaazzziiingggg.

My sister has a Wii U, so I can probably borrow it and play BoTW on that. I hate the artstyle anyway, so I won't care how inferior everything looks.

I may get a Switch somewhere down the road if I see it's worth it.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I'm normally a console behind so I might pick up a used wii u for BoTW and maybe get a switch when the price come down. The way I see it is if the graphics sound etc are inferior on the wii u I'm not going to know about it anyway and ignorance is bliss :D

Scribear

The way I see it is if the graphics sound etc are inferior on the wii u I'm not going to know about it anyway and ignorance is bliss

It's true!
Unless you compare the two side by side, if you are playing the Wii U version i'm sure it's going to be amazing still. I still play Twilight Princess on my GC and am not any more disappointed that there is a TP HD that I am not playing.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
After today I am absolutely pirating the Wii U version. Nintendo's got me ****ed up

I am going for the Switch. I feel they will overlook the perks of the WiiU excluding the multi screen perk. ( Correct me if I'm wrong). I also think supporting the Switch will be better in the long run. Improved graphics ECT is worth it.

I'm normally a console behind so I might pick up a used wii u for BoTW and maybe get a switch when the price come down. The way I see it is if the graphics sound etc are inferior on the wii u I'm not going to know about it anyway and ignorance is bliss :D
A smart shopper you are. I have no patience but this maybe my last crusade on picking up day one consoles. I'm on a roll tho when it comes to early purchases on consoles; ps3, Wii, Ps4, Wii U, 3DS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Scribear

I plan to get both versions eventually for my collection, but Wii U for me on March 3rd. I expect the Wii U version to only have a million or so copies in print and then become very hard to find.
I am with you on this one. Securing that Wii U version. And when I do eventually buy the Switch then for sure get a copy of BotW Switch - cause why not!?

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
I am going to get the Wii U version. I can't afford the Switch just yet. So yeah!

It will be a nice collectors item down the line too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom