• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Confirmed - It's Possible to Beat the Game Right Away

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Exactly. This is how they've been marketing the game since the beginning. The whole point is that your adventure is what you make it. Not sure how that's getting lost on some people.
It's not getting lost on anybody. People just disagree with you. Like Deus said, how can you fight Ganon without the master sword? This whole thing muddies the plot to me. Perhaps it is you who are close minded in accept others opinions on this subject.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
It's not getting lost on anybody. People just disagree with you. Like Deus said, how can you fight Ganon without the master sword? This whole thing muddies the plot to me. Perhaps it is you who are close minded in accept others opinions on this subject.
Well it wouldn't be the first time ganon was defeated without the master sword.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
It would be the first time in a long time. And since they actually made the effort to make it impossible to beat damage Ganondorf without using the MS in OOT 3D (Not even with the biggorons sword), I would expect them to continue this being the only canon way to defeat him.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Zelda I is the only one unless you count the Level 3 sword in alttp but I believe that's just an upgrade.

Libk

Spaceballs: The Mafia Player
It would be the first time in a long time. And since they actually made the effort to make it impossible to beat damage Ganondorf without using the MS in OOT 3D (Not even with the biggorons sword), I would expect them to continue this being the only canon way to defeat him.
And really guys, I'm just saying it's possible. I expect them to try to continue that as well. Just throwing out the point that it has happened before

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
In A Link to the Past: You cannot kill Ganon with the Master Sword. You need silver arrows instead.

In Zelda 1: you have no Master Sword at all. So you need to use the silver Arrow

In A Link Between Worlds, Link was unable to kill Yugannon with the Master Sword, he instead needed light arrows to finish the job.

In Four Swords Adventure: There isn't even a master sword.

You are delusional if you think the Master Sword is the only canon way to beat him. As this has happened many times in the series' past. Actually. It's pretty much just about as often that you don't kill Ganon with the Master than you do.
ALttP, Zelda 1, Four Swords Adventures, ALBW|| OoT, WW, TP, SS(sort of).

TLDR; the Master Sword is a solution to Ganon, but not the only weapon that can be used against him.

Furthermore, you again don't know specifics. Aonuma has confirmed that there are multiple different endings of the game. It could very well be possible, that while it would be possible to detain Ganon, that would not defeat. Merely detain and seal him away for a couple of years.

Zelda I is the only one unless you count the Level 3 sword in alttp but I believe that's just an upgrade.
There is no master sword in Zelda 1. It's called ther magical sword.
No sword runs of Zelda 1 always fail right at Ganon because you need the sword to hit him nefore you use the silver arrow.
A no Sword run of Zelda is said to be complete when you reach Ganon.

In ALTTP, the level 2 sword is the master sword. Level 3 and 4 are just upgrades. I believe you have to get the Master Sword to progress the gsame in ALTTP.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Y'all weren't complaining about this before even though this is how they've been marketing it from the start (at least, I haven't seen you say anything about it). And @Lozjam pointed out that the Master Sword isn't always the only thing necessary to beat Ganon. I'm not saying you can't disagree with it, I'm saying I didn't think you fully grasped the point of the game, based on what you were saying.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
In A Link to the Past: You cannot kill Ganon with the Master Sword. You need silver arrows instead.

In Zelda 1: you have no Master Sword at all. So you need to use the silver Arrow

In A Link Between Worlds, Link was unable to kill Yugannon with the Master Sword, he instead needed light arrows to finish the job.

In Four Swords Adventure: There isn't even a master sword.

You are delusional if you think the Master Sword is the only canon way to beat him. As this has happened many times in the series' past. Actually. It's pretty much just about as often that you don't kill Ganon with the Master than you do.
ALttP, Zelda 1, Four Swords Adventures, ALBW|| OoT, WW, TP, SS(sort of).

TLDR; the Master Sword is a solution to Ganon, but not the only weapon that can be used against him.

Furthermore, you again don't know specifics. Aonuma has confirmed that there are multiple different endings of the game. It could very well be possible, that while it would be possible to detain Ganon, that would not defeat. Merely detain and seal him away for a couple of years.

You didn't read my post. I said in a long time. Zelda 1 and ALTTP came out a long time ago before any kind of continuity was thought of. Now the newer games show that the MS is required therefore future games should also follow the same lore.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
You didn't read my post. I said in a long time. Zelda 1 and ALTTP came out a long time ago before any kind of continuity was thought of. Now the newer games show that the MS is required therefore future games should also follow the same lore.
ALBW came out 3 years ago.

Four Sword Adventures came out a year before TP. Which was the last title that actually used the Master to beat Ganon.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
ALBW came out 3 years ago.

Four Sword Adventures came out a year before TP. Which was the last title that actually used the Master to beat Ganon.

You cant kill Ganon in ALBW without the MS and you dont kill Ganon in FSA period.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
You cant kill Ganon in ALBW without the MS and you dont kill Ganon in FSA period.
What?
Ganon is the final boss of FSA

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom