• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Proposed Forum Changes

Should We Add A Fire Emblem Sub-Forum?

• Yeah, give it a go

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Nah, a group will suffice

Votes: 19 73.1%

• Total voters

Zachie

Moo
Hey friends! With some new things happening in the world of gaming, I suggested an idea to the staff that we add an extra forum, and remove an existing one. This is where you can give your feedback & even suggest something extra.

Since Fire Emblem is looking to be rather big over the next couple of years, I thought it might be nice for us to have a forum dedicated to that, similar to World of Pokemon.

Also, since Hyrule Warriors has released all of the promised DLC, a dedicated forum doesn't seem necessary anymore & I proposed it be merged into World of Zelda.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Let us know.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I like these ideas. I myself wouldn't make use of a Fire Emblem forum - I've barely played the series, but for a few chapters in 7 - but I know that there are many more that would. As for taking out Hyrule Warriors, I feel like it's only natural. Separate forums are only for games that are current, and at this point I think we can classify HW as non-current, especially with the impending release of Breath of the Wild.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
It will be a wildly unpopular forum. Even WoP is extremely unpopular and it's been around forever and had an entire website directed towards it. There are only 64 FE threads literally ever. Not going to work.

Last edited:

Zachie

Moo
They will be wildly unpopular forums.
I'm a bit confused here. I'm only suggesting that we create one new forum, and one of them would be removed.

Draymorath: Yes, all existing threads will be moved there.

Jamie

I'm a bit confused here. I'm only suggesting that we create one new forum, and one of them would be removed.

Draymorath: Yes, all existing threads will be moved there.
Yes, and I'm saying that a Fire Emblem forum would not be popular. Only 64 threads about FE in General Gaming since the board's inception.

The plural was an accident, because I thought you were advocating for a Warriors forum and when I realized you weren't, I forgot to fix that.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
Also, since Hyrule Warriors has released all of the promised DLC, a dedicated forum doesn't seem necessary anymore & I proposed it be merged into World of Zelda.

Agreed. No idea why there had to be an entire forum dedicated to it in the first place, but I suppose there was demand for that back in its prime. Phasing it out now that it has no further DLC on the horizon, as well as lessened interest from people in general, is probably for the best.

Kiiiiiinda shaky on the Fire Emblem forum though. While it seems like an ok idea on the surface, I don't know if there's enough interest on this particular forum to warrant an entire division. But who knows? Sometimes all you need to fill a house is to build it. Or whatever. If anything just experiment and gauge interest and see what happens.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
When bought up in the Staff Chat I initially recommended making a group similar to @Azure Sage's Monster Hunter Group instead, I think that this can still be a viable alternative. But yeah, this thread being a thing is fine so we can hear opinions on both sides of whether or not it is necessary or worth making the subforum.

The plural was an accident, because I thought you were advocating for a Warriors forum and when I realized you weren't, I forgot to fix that.

So you're saying yeah, you think the Warriors forum should be axed then?

Jamie

When bought up in the Staff Chat I initially recommended making a group similar to @Azure Sage's Monster Hunter Group instead, I think that this can still be a viable alternative. But yeah, this thread being a thing is fine so we can hear opinions on both sides of whether or not it is necessary or worth making the subforum.

So you're saying yeah, you think the Warriors forum should be axed then?
Yeah sure. It's run its course.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I dont think it is necessary to have a Fire Emblem forum. It isn't actually that popular around here and I think the forum would be unpopular as a result, just taking up extra space which doesn't need taking up.

I dont think the World of Pokémon forum is necessary either, it isn't very active. Pokémon and Fire emblem talk could all go in general gaming.

Also I think the HW forum has run its course.

Merge HW with WoZ for sure.

As for FE, not enough people play them here for a sub forum to work
Plenty have played Awakening and Fates but the purists would be talking to walls if they tried to get a conversation going about almost any other game in the franchise so i doubt its worth it.

Those who want to talk FE are probably on FE forums like Serene's Forest.

Though how about a Gravity Rush Dungeon? ;)

Last edited:

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Since the idea of a group has been proposed, i think that's the best option. I didn't consider it before, but it would be more sustainable with the fanbase size we have without clogging up the main forum page.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
I thinks threads in general gaming are fine, we don't need more clutter of a whole new subforum

Since Fire Emblem is looking to be rather big over the next couple of years, I thought it might be nice for us to have a forum dedicated to that, similar to World of Pokemon.
I can agree on this.

I also agree on this. Time to move on from the mess that was Hyrule Warriors. It seems Koei Tecmo is not learning from its mistakes with Fire Emblem Warriors.

Since the idea of a group has been proposed, i think that's the best option. I didn't consider it before, but it would be more sustainable with the fanbase size we have without clogging up the main forum page.
It will not be cluttering up the main forum page as the proposed FE forum will only be a sub forum just like the world ok pokemon one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom