• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fast Growing Forest or Moveable Temple

In the Child and Defeated Timelines, did the Faron/Kokori Forests just expand so much that it over took Hyrue Town and the Temple of Time where the Master Sword was by the Time of TwlightPrincess and Lin to th Past or did someone literally transplant the temple to the woods by the time those two games take place?

So in Both Timelines someone bulid a whole new Temple of Time in the Faron/Kakori woods and transplanted the Master sord and its pedistal there and then let it go into ruins in both time lines?
Pretty much, yeah. Or it was already build and they just moved the sword, there's like a bunch of temples of time not just these ones

Pretty much, yeah. Or it was already build and they just moved the sword, there's like a bunch of temples of time not just these ones
But was the Place where Link placed the Master sword at the end of Skyward sword the same place where the other link drew it from in OoT of did the sword also move between those two games?

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
This particular theory has a long history. It used to make more sense between ALttP/OoT until TP came along and seemingly messed with the geography and context.

Some people think the ruins around the ToT in TP is that of Castle Town from OoT. It's a safe assumption but I don't see any particular evidence of that. TP clearly attempts to make a deliberate connection to ALttP, but the interior of the ToT in TP and the surrounding grounds, as well as the major discrepancies between TP and OoT's geography differ from that of OoT's Temple.

One theory is that TP's is a different, newer Temple built in the forest. One theory I have is that the Temple of Time is able to move through time and space, due to its connection to the Temple of Light in the Sacred Realm.

This particular theory has a long history. It used to make more sense between ALttP/OoT until TP came along and seemingly messed with the geography and context.

Some people think the ruins around the ToT in TP is that of Castle Town from OoT. It's a safe assumption but I don't see any particular evidence of that. TP clearly attempts to make a deliberate connection to ALttP, but the interior of the ToT in TP and the surrounding grounds, as well as the major discrepancies between TP and OoT's geography differ from that of OoT's Temple.

One theory is that TP's is a different, newer Temple built in the forest. One theory I have is that the Temple of Time is able to move through time and space, due to its connection to the Temple of Light in the Sacred Realm.
Back when i thought Linkt to the Past and Twilight were on the same timeline I thought the Link to the Past temple of time had fimished its decay from its time in Twlight

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Back when i thought Linkt to the Past and Twilight were on the same timeline I thought the Link to the Past temple of time had fimished its decay from its time in Twlight

Oh right. That stupid timeline again. Well I suppose there aren't any discrepancies between TP and ALttP, even though TP clearly tries to show a connection to ALttP. But there are a fair share of discrepancies between OoT and TP.

My time/space displacement theory basically turns the ToT into the TARDIS. Like the tardis the ToT can also change shape which would explain its different interior. It can also move the Master Sword with it as well as its connection to the Temple of Light. But it can also decay over time. Whatever magic sustains it can wear out, which is why it has fallen into ruin in TP.

Really this is an entirely unnecessary "out there" theory that is no substitute for the simple "It's a different temple constructed elsewhere" theory. But the ToT is shown to have time travel and inter-dimensional powers.

Oh right. That stupid timeline again. Well I suppose there aren't any discrepancies between TP and ALttP, even though TP clearly tries to show a connection to ALttP. But there are a fair share of discrepancies between OoT and TP.

My time/space displacement theory basically turns the ToT into the TARDIS. Like the tardis the ToT can also change shape which would explain its different interior. It can also move the Master Sword with it as well as its connection to the Temple of Light. But it can also decay over time. Whatever magic sustains it can wear out, which is why it has fallen into ruin in TP.

Really this is an entirely unnecessary "out there" theory that is no substitute for the simple "It's a different temple constructed elsewhere" theory. But the ToT is shown to have time travel and inter-dimensional powers.

Makes as much since as anything else. Like i said i always through the woods went crazy and expanded for miles orginally.

One of the main problems is none of the maps in the games have any simulality to each other. the closest two maps i think are skyward sword and twlight

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Makes as much since as anything else. Like i said i always through the woods went crazy and expanded for miles orginally.

That could be the case, but then again we don't really have a clear indication of just how extensive the woods are in OoT. Or Twilight for that matter.

But yeah. I guess it isn't totally inconceivable that the woods grew over the north eastern corner of Hyrule field and encroached on old Castle Town. But then the odd locations of Death Mountain, Zoras Domain and Old Kakariko (aka the hidden village) in TP make things even more confusing.

That could be the case, but then again we don't really have a clear indication of just how extensive the woods are in OoT. Or Twilight for that matter.

But yeah. I guess it isn't totally inconceivable that the woods grew over the north eastern corner of Hyrule field and encroached on old Castle Town. But then the odd locations of Death Mountain, Zoras Domain and Old Kakariko (aka the hidden village) in TP make things even more confusing.

I wish some one would make a fan game of OoT but with the maps and locations of the places in Twlight Princess/Skyward sword so we could see where the Landmaks line up

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
As far as I know, the exact amount of time between OoT and TP has never been confirmed. It could have been centuries, and that's more than enough time for Castle Town to have burned down or otherwise been destroyed. They probably just moved Castle Town and let the forest take over the ruins of the old one.

The location for the Temple of Time in TP compared to OoT genuinely don't match at all; you just have to accept the simplest in canon universe reasons (or make up a headcanon); they rebuilt the Temple of Time and moved the Master Sword, or there are multiple different Death Mountains, Lake Hylias, ect. in Hyrule instead of one changing location, or the realistic reason of people are lazy about names and reuse them in Zelda for a sense of familiarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom