• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Life as a Kokiri

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
Ok i see what you mean Mases but you would want too grow up someday?, and have better privileges. But i guess you're also right having a forest all to yourself that would be pretty sweet.

Being a Kokiri could be tough:
- No B-days
- Never being old enough to do things (Jobs and staying up late)
- Always being short
- Never being able to go out of the Forest(If Kokiris go out of the Forest, they die)
____
Not to fun really

Leix

Error
Ok i see what you mean Mases but you would want too grow up someday?, and have better privileges. But i guess you're also right having a forest all to yourself that would be pretty sweet.

Meh, it's not all to yourself, you're sharing it with a bunch of other little Kokiri. And some of them aren't exactly friendly, say Mido for instance.
And you don't really get any extra privelages. You're in a forest, you can do whatever the f*** you want.

Leix

Error
And what are you all talking about privileges for? Your in a forest! What could you possibly NOT be allowed to do? Drive?

Um, Drive. Burn down a Forest. Go to Lake Hylia or Castle Town or the Castle. Go outside of the **** forest for that matter. Those are some pretty nice privileges. You could not do almost half of the stuff that you can do outside with a normal life.

Leix

Error
Um, Drive. Burn down a Forest. Go to Lake Hylia or Castle Town or the Castle. Go outside of the **** forest for that matter. Those are some pretty nice privileges. You could not do almost half of the stuff that you can do outside with a normal life.

Er, i'm pretty sure that nobody in Hyrule would let you burn down a forest. Especially not the Kokiri.

Not to mention, if you were a Kokiri, you'd probably be afraid of the outer forest.
Remember, the Kokiri knew little to nothing about the outside world other than they might turn into skullchildren if they left.

Er, i'm pretty sure that nobody in Hyrule would let you burn down a forest. Especially not the Kokiri.

Not to mention, if you were a Kokiri, you'd probably be afraid of the outer forest.
Remember, the Kokiri knew little to nothing about the outside world other than they might turn into skullchildren if they left.

Ah. But who said anything about letting someone burn down a forest? :P

They do have imaginations though, I mean, they could simply use what they have around them to imagine what could be out there, plenty of early age humans, now, and in the past have done it before when exploring.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Well this is definitly my favorite thread so far. Life as a kokori would be great! I would give up my current life to live as a kokori in a heartbeat. Having freedom and eternal childhood would be better than anything I could possibly think of. Also, the addition of not having any troubles would set me to thinking that being a Kokori is pretty much heaven.

Well, that is what I think of life as a kokori. Thanks for posting this awsome thread!

LucarioMaster

lucario shoen
Well this is definitly my favorite thread so far. Life as a kokori would be great! I would give up my current life to live as a kokori in a heartbeat. Having freedom and eternal childhood would be better than anything I could possibly think of. Also, the addition of not having any troubles would set me to thinking that being a Kokori is pretty much heaven.

Well, that is what I think of life as a kokori. Thanks for posting this awsome thread!

well eternal life in the kokori forest would be awesome! although you never get older i would stay in my house and play videogames (if its the 21st century in the forest) or sleep (in the game its self) or teach link better moves

LucarioMaster

lucario shoen

not unless you are skilled at makeing weapons like i am, trust me i could make the master sword blade out of scrap steel and the handle out of wood/plastic
but thats possable... if you could make weapons then you can go in the forest

T

Twilight Mask

I agree, I don't know what I would call my fairy though, being banned from leaving
sounds pretty bad, but I would also like to be a Skull Kid:D

bellum

Gamer since age 2
I would hate to be a kokiri A kid all my life, never to leave the forest.Why would I want to be a kid who never grows up, Hylians would come to the forest and mock us D:.Also we could never leave the forest, and if we did leave the forest we would die( a big dissapointment).but they did leave the forest at the end of OoT and they didn't die(see here for more).I could also co by myself without a guardian fairy like navi.

Claire

The Geekette
There is an upside and downside to everything, and that would include if you were a child forever. You'd never be given the opportunity to live out an adult life, or have abilities that an adult would. That being said, it all is thrown down into a discussion as to whether being a child for your entire life is worth missing adulthood.

Would you rather ride in a wagon, or drive a station wagon?

Overall, I think it is that thought that you could keep your childhood alive (the good parts, of course) is what makes it so intriguing. Imagine never growing older, being able to spend all day collecting pogs, beating your friends with Sock 'em Boppers, and watching KaBlam!, but take into consideration that the Kokiri were neglected of our childhood likings. What are we left with? A few friends, fairies, and a patch of woods. I'd imagine after a while, it'd become very tiresome.

Mike Pothier

Lord Shaper
Yes, the life of the Kokiri sounds great and appealing, but it wouldn't last. Like it or not, the mind matures, even if the body doesn't. Although I'm loathe to use this as an example, Anne Rice did this with Claudia in the Vampire Chronicles. She was content for the first few decades as a child vampire, but Claudia eventually became restless and desired to move beyond childhood into adult hood.

Don't get me wrong, part of me would LOVE to go back to being a kid with no responsibilities, but part of that desire is to grow up again and not make the mistakes I've made in my life, not simply to be a child forever. I would find that very boring.

Now being 30 forever, that would be awesome.

Edit: of course, the Great Deku Tree could solve this simply by preventing long term memory in his Kokiri. Memories more then 4-5 years old could simply fade and be forgotten. That WOULD keep them perpetual children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom