• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Because 398 rupees for a single emote is a lot more than the cost of a month of lorule lounge. regardless, jimmy already said no, so no point of continuing to discuss this.

Not more than the cost of blogs.
He has said no because he hasn't thought it through properly, once he sees the light this can be put in place.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Not more than the cost of blogs.
He has said no because he hasn't thought it through properly, once he sees the light this can be put in place.
Blogs are permanent, one single emote being 398 is a ridiculous price. I know you're just """""""trolling"""""" me xDDDDD but no, your idea will never go through. Sorry to say that you don't always get whatever you want.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No.

He said no because it's a stupid idea.
You just have a lack of vision. You just can't see a good idea when it is right in front of you.

Blogs are permanent, one single emote being 398 is a ridiculous price. I know you're just """""""trolling"""""" me xDDDDD but no, your idea will never go through. Sorry to say that you don't always get whatever you want.

Not right away maybe. But I seem to remember thebestemotes would NEVER be gone from this place either.

Jamie

You just have a lack of vision. You just can't see a good idea when it is right in front of you.

Not right away maybe. But I seem to remember thebestemotes would NEVER be gone from this place either.
nope, no one said that, we all knew they'd be gone eventually. anyway,no point discussing this. have a good one

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
nope, no one said that, we all knew they'd be gone eventually. anyway,no point discussing this. have a good one

There is no point in discussing it with someone who contradicts what they say and have said, you are right there.

I'll have a good one.

Jamie

There is no point in discussing it with someone who contradicts what they say and have said, you are right there.

I'll have a good one.
I literally never said thebestemotes would be around forever. What are you talking about? I thought they'd be removed immediately after I stepped down. If I ever said they'd be around forever, it was purely in jest.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
So spam should be down to the mods. Have a problem with a certain member? Tell a mod, problem solved. Using a system to 'charge' people for using emotes is kind of ridiculous really when the fundamental problem could be easily solved without including a stupid gimmick.

Also a money system to increase posts has never truly worked. When the system first came back in 2013, it actually encouraged a lot of ****posting and one liners with some users explicitly stating they posted to earn money or gain access to the SB (when the SB had a post limit on it). This was one of the reasons when I was staff why we didn't want a money system because it seemed kind of redundant. Maybe it's because I just don't really care about the forum anymore, but now I have no problem with the money system existing. However you start putting a price on everything then it literally becomes a limiting burden to what should be a trivial gimmick placed in the corner of the forum.

---
While we're on the topic of prices for certain things. I haven't been able to post a blog because I'm a poor bastard. But I also don't feel like posting tons either because most threads that exist (bar the BotW ones) I feel like I've posted in before over the years. So should I just post **** to get blog access or just sit forever without something that's always been quite a big part of ZD?

*by the way this was meant to be overexaggerated to prove a point. I don't think blogs should have a price like that, especially for members who have been active over the years and maybe just don't post as much anymore but still want to be a part of the community which blogs are a big part of

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
image.png

I made a medal for the Mass change of avatars voting thread

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
So spam should be down to the mods. Have a problem with a certain member? Tell a mod, problem solved. Using a system to 'charge' people for using emotes is kind of ridiculous really when the fundamental problem could be easily solved without including a stupid gimmick.

Also a money system to increase posts has never truly worked. When the system first came back in 2013, it actually encouraged a lot of ****posting and one liners with some users explicitly stating they posted to earn money or gain access to the SB (when the SB had a post limit on it). This was one of the reasons when I was staff why we didn't want a money system because it seemed kind of redundant. Maybe it's because I just don't really care about the forum anymore, but now I have no problem with the money system existing. However you start putting a price on everything then it literally becomes a limiting burden to what should be a trivial gimmick placed in the corner of the forum.

---
While we're on the topic of prices for certain things. I haven't been able to post a blog because I'm a poor bastard. But I also don't feel like posting tons either because most threads that exist (bar the BotW ones) I feel like I've posted in before over the years. So should I just post **** to get blog access or just sit forever without something that's always been quite a big part of ZD?

*by the way this was meant to be overexaggerated to prove a point. I don't think blogs should have a price like that, especially for members who have been active over the years and maybe just don't post as much anymore but still want to be a part of the community which blogs are a big part of

If you want a blog but the circumstances are against you, ask one of the richer forumers to get it for you, i'm guessing jimmu can't argue with that as it can be done with stuff like LL subs and all.

I suggest groups be moved into community center and LL be moved to the bottom

Also, could we extend the built in SB archive back to what it used to be or at least to a week ago(and keep the SB archive thread staff only, of course)

Also
How about a privacy setting to have your online status/activity invisible to everyone except those you follow?

And can we have some sort of PM favoriting system where we can "favorite" a PM and make like a star icon or something appear next to it and basically function like a sticky thread(and maybe a notification preference you can toggle so you only get notifications for favorited PMs)

Last edited:

---

Now that the ZI/ZD thing is all official like, I'd feel like I should comment on this even as all final decisions come down to Jimmy himself - and based on the brief time I have seen him work behind the scenes this year, I can tell he knows what he is doing. I trust his judgement.

For starters, I dislike the coin system. One of the biggest reason I dislike it is because of a principal at ZI, where literally no one is above another. Sure, I am a paid staff member at technically "the head of ZI", but reality is, my opinion and viewpoint for new things at ZI isn't above the staff, and our staff opinions aren't above the fans. A coin/point system sort of makes for a public showing of "have and have nots", which does, arbitrarily, create a divide between new members and old. But I also respect it has been a system here for a long time, so I don't want to disrupt it. Just publicing voicing that I am against it.

So that being said, it should no surprise I am against using for emotes when the primary reason given for using it is spam. Regardless of if you think past current, and future modes can properly deal with spam, reality is there hasn't been a emote related spam report in a long time, meaning that a vast majority of the users don't actually think there is a emote spam problem going on in the first place. The last thing that should happen is a change to emotes in order to appeal to a small amount of the users - which appears to be one or two users.

I also do think blogs are way too pricey to get. I can definitely agree with some sort of barrier to getting one, but the barrier to entry I feel is too high. Not sure if that opinion will change anything, but it might be worth re-evaluating.

Once we get a new influx of members from ZI, I think though that the feeling of not wanting to post may change. Even as you might have posted in basically all the threads you wanted too already, typically conversations include back and forth - as in, you want to post more than once or twice in those given threads. It's possible that a new influx of members will help encourage you to want to do just that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom