• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Official Suggestions Thread

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
[Your Name]->Preferences->Block Smilies: [Smiley you want to block]

There's the solution

Naw charge for the emotes, stops people spaming them because you still see the text, wouldn't mind if it was actually relevent but it's not. Besides what's wrong with taxing emotes?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Naw charge for the emotes, stops people spaming them because you still see the text, wouldn't mind if it was actually relevent but it's not. Besides what's wrong with taxing emotes?
Nothing wrong with it. It is a great idea. 398 rupees a pop will discourage spamming.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Why not just have mods actually deal with spam?

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I'll look into the comment likes later.

As for charging for the emotes, that'd be too much effort to implement for something that's easily amended by blocking the emotes. If someone spams them excessively report it. They should be used as a tool to add emotion to a post and not something to be spammed.

Why not just have mods actually deal with spam?
We haven't received a single report of spam of emotes since long before the removal of all the big emotes.

Jamie

Nothing wrong with it. It is a great idea. 398 rupees a pop will discourage spamming.
398 rupees? So new users couldn't use them at all. Yeah, let's make emotes an exclusive club for people who post a lot! Posting more often to get likes to allow yourself to post emotes, that'll definitely decrease spam. Oh, accidentally typed :), there goes 398 rupees.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
let's make emotes an exclusive club for people who post a lot!
Those words really resonate with me.

Posting more often to get likes to allow yourself to post emotes, that'll definitely decrease spam. Oh, accidentally typed :), there goes 398 rupees.
It should increase posts in threads if people want to earn money. We haven't had any bad cases of spam posts in threads as far as I am aware for people wanting to obtain money for buying blogs or lorule lounge access so there is no reason to suggest they would for the ability to use emotes.

Jamie

Those words really resonate with me.

It should increase posts in threads if people want to earn money. We haven't had any bad cases of spam posts in threads as far as I am aware for people wanting to obtain money for buying blogs or lorule lounge access so there is no reason to suggest they would for the ability to use emotes.
Because 398 rupees for a single emote is a lot more than the cost of a month of lorule lounge. regardless, jimmy already said no, so no point of continuing to discuss this.

That's never worked, it didn't work in your time, it didn't work in the previous admins time, it won't work now because we keep adding emotes so it gives people more bloody things to spam.
We just removed a bunch of emotes and have only added one or two in awhile, how is that "keep adding emotes"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom