• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Things That Are on Your Mind

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I was invited to an alumni function with the company that took me to Tokyo and I'm headed there tonight.

I'm pretty excited to do some networking as the COO of the company will be there along with the Sydney Consulate-General of Japan, the Deputy Vice-Chancellor International from my Uni and the staff from Uni who select students for international experiences. Executives from companies like Japan Airlines, Komatsu, IBM (an Intern Consultant), and many others will be there too. Only about 60ish people are attending so hopefully I can make some connections for some good opportunities in the future.

Misty

Ronin
I want to sleep so badly. Why must family dinner be keeping me up? Cuz I made it? Well, that's just being oppressed by it being my night to cook.

Also, am I the only one who believes her dryer is going to explode every time she turns it on and winces in an attempt to "brace for the explosion" each time she hits start? Is this normal? AM I WEIRD?

Reactions: Dio

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
I've come home from the beach. I had a lot of fun :D We also went to the cheese factory.
and now I will be removing sand for the next week :P
I love the beach

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Seems my mom hasn't really gotten any better. After 4 months off, on August 29th she will be eligible to apply for long term disability. Her phone and of course her blue cross (health insurance) has been cut off because she hasn't worked for so long (phone was provided by her company). She says she's in a lot of pain and horribly tired every day. Pretty depressing ****, I'm not sure if she will ever work again.

Feverish

Source of stink
Seems my mom hasn't really gotten any better. After 4 months off, on August 29th she will be eligible to apply for long term disability. Her phone and of course her blue cross (health insurance) has been cut off because she hasn't worked for so long (phone was provided by her company). She says she's in a lot of pain and horribly tired every day. Pretty depressing ****, I'm not sure if she will ever work again.
Man, that sucks. Hope things get better for you both

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Welp i was due in for work at 10 today and well incident after incident screwed me, my phone decided to mute itself so my alarm didn't go off then my bus didn't show up (this was an hour before hand) so i thought i think i can make it if i walk, i get there and i am told nope you are late i got there 20 past ten, which granted i was late. Kinda annoyed with myself but then again i saw no buses at all in those hour 10 mins it took me to get there (i am a really slow ass walker) about 5 mins later my actual manager takes me to one side and says i look like i just ran a marathon and look like i was gonna hurl..... yay so nice. So it all culminated in my mnanager saying i can work my shift friday now instead.

TL:dr due to a series of stupid mistakes i had to walk to work (me being me thought i was being smart) get there and told am late. which i was. then told i look ill and i can do my shift another day.

Good Guy Manager

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Been exercising a bit every day for the past month and haven't seen any gains. probably going to give up. I am like a skeleton. it is not healthy. there is nothing i can do about it, though. genetics dictate it. so I will either keep it up and prey for the best, or I will leave it for someone else to do.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Been exercising a bit every day for the past month and haven't seen any gains. probably going to give up. I am like a skeleton. it is not healthy. there is nothing i can do about it, though. genetics dictate it. so I will either keep it up and prey for the best, or I will leave it for someone else to do.

If you are not seeing gains it is a matter of you not eating enough calories. It doesn't matter how much you exercise if you dont eat enough to grow from it. Consistency is also important or you'll never get anywhere, no point upping calories one day and then not eating much the next. If you want to gain you need to up them and keep them high. And if you stop gaining, up them some more (but not by too large an increment each time or you could end up getting tubby).

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
:bno:I think I'm becoming a morning person. Morning people aren't rock and roll. I need to recapture my cool, this job is making me a part of the system. :bshrug:

You will eventually conform into a uniformly shaped gear for machine of commerce. Sad to say but it's true, the only way to be free is to spit in their eye and take a dump in the public's face

Misty

Ronin
You will eventually conform into a uniformly shaped gear for machine of commerce. Sad to say but it's true, the only way to be free is to spit in their eye and take a dump in the public's face

I work for a non-profit. That's about as rock and roll as it gets. I am not a cog in commerce. I'm bringing resources to the weak and poor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom